PDA

View Full Version : 06/22/2015 - Feedback Request Infirmary

Xsyon
06-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Infirmary building use is ready for testing. Here are the specifics:

Infirmary:
- Infirmary has been added to the list of potential building uses.
- The infirmary provides a location where players can revive for a price.
- Any stand-alone ‘room’ building or ‘roof’ part can be set as an infirmary.
- Can be placed by any tribe or homestead.
- One infirmary can be placed per tribe.
- The tribe leader can set a price and collect funds gathered from patients.
- Infirmaries without a price set do not function.
- Infirmary prices can be set between 0 and 100 dollars per revival.
- Infirmaries list recent patients who revived there.
- Reviving players spawn at the center of the assigned building.

Revival:
- Peace Server players get a new Revival Panel immediately on death.
- War Server players must wait for the looting timer to get the Revival Panel popup.
- The Revival Panel displays a list of nearby infirmaries with their prices.
- The Revival Panel lists your home location if you wish to revive at home without a fee.

Possible Improvements:
- Listing the cause of death for recent patients on the infirmary list.
- Infirmaries reduce or remove death penalties (when death penalties are implemented).

Questions:
- Infirmaries within 1000 meters are available. Is this a reasonable distance?

Update July 1 2015:
- On assigning an infirmary, a tool tip panel pops up with the following message:

Set the Use Fee to activate your Infirmary.
Make sure there is a clear path from your Infirmary to public land.
Blocked Infirmaries will be deactivated and require Guide approval to reactivate.

- If the tribe's infirmary use is revoked by a Guide, the tribe member with access to the infirmaries function will see a button on the infirmary panel linking to the help desk to easily put in a request for reinstated privileges.

- Infirmaries are set to inactive if a tribe is inactive for 7 real days. Tribes now have a second 'activity' timer based entirely on players being actually active in game. Keeping an active sub paid but not logging in does not keep this second timer active.

- Rank permissions (Manage Infirmary) are now required to set and collect fees. Tribe leader has this by default.

- Infirmaries without a Use Fee set are likewise set to inactive.

- Use Fee limit increased to 1000.

- To sum up, infirmaries have three states: active, inactive (no use fee or no activity) and disabled (requires Guide to reinstate).

- Possible change: Require tribe to exist for 1 or 2 real weeks before allowing infirmary to be set.

Update July 5 2015:
- Issue with falling through floors when porting to infirmaries on an upper floor fixed.
- Infirmary panel patient list position corrected.
- Infirmary distances corrected.
- Home location now displays distance in the Revive Panel.

Update July 10 2015:
Infirmaries are now live on the Main Servers. I will keep this thread open for additional feedback or issues reported.

Please provide any feedback or issues found with this system.

Thanks!

wastelandstoic
06-23-2015, 04:41 AM
Revival:
- The Revival Panel displays a list of nearby infirmaries with their prices.

Is it possible to know the distance of this feature ? (Some more remote tribes might benefit from a 2-3 zone area as opposed to a one zone area --for instance.)

Possible Improvements:
- Allow setting infirmary price and collecting funds based on rank permissions.
- Listing the cause of death for recent patients on the infirmary list.

Would welcome both of these.

Drevar
06-23-2015, 02:08 PM
If you wish to have the infirmary reduce death penalties, I would tie the effectiveness and range to one of the upkeep types on the Totem.

If not that, then some static way to upgrade the infirmary effect via crafting/building.

Or food could eventually reduce death penalties, in which case you wouldn't want to reduce them via the Infirmary, but rather by having a demand for food.

Xsyon
06-23-2015, 06:57 PM
The revival panel lists Infirmaries within 1000 meters. I think it's a decent distance as I don't want this feature to be used as a teleporter, but rather for players to revive close to where they are. I'm open to feedback on this though.

To Drevar: I like those ideas. What I was thinking is having minimum costs to reduce death penalties (so you could revive for cheap and get the penalties or pay more to remove them). I'll open the discussion more on this in a separate thread regarding death penalties.

Thanks for the feedback!

MrDDT
06-24-2015, 09:00 AM
What if there are none in 1000 meters? Just founders? or your own tribe?

Xsyon
06-24-2015, 06:48 PM
What if there are none in 1000 meters? Just founders? or your own tribe? Yes, your own tribe or founder's, like now.

I could increase the distance, but since this is available to all tribes regardless of size, I hope there will be infirmaries throughout the world.

Ideally, players will want to pay to re-spawn near their current locations. I don't want the infirmaries to be used as long distance teleporters.

Bejaymac
06-25-2015, 03:10 AM
A few tribes are behind heavy walls which run right up against the tribe boundary, if they set up an infirmary then people are going to have a hard time getting out, especially if the tribes a bit inactive.

Bejaymac
06-25-2015, 03:49 AM
Where do players spawn at an infirmary ?

I just placed a smoke house in the 8x8 public area I have my trade totem, it's against a wall, so if they spawn in front of it then they will be in the public area, anywhere else and they will be inside the private tribe area.

Xsyon
06-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Where do players spawn at an infirmary ?

At the center of the assigned building. I'll add this to the top post.

Bejaymac
06-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Does anyone actually have one of these set up, I'm kind of getting fed up killing myself around the map trying to find one as all I'm seeing in the respawn window is Home.

methos
06-28-2015, 05:03 AM
i have set an Infirmary in my homestead in zone 977. i set the minimum cost of $5
(my tribe is right near the border of 977/978 quite near to the junk pile there)

I tried to set a welcome station as well but both these uses count as General Uses and a homestead
is only allowed one of these. So a homestead cannot set both an infirmary and a welcome station.

Is this intended ?

Xsyon
07-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes, a homestead can currently only set one of these General Uses.

I've updated Infirmaries and restarted the Test Server with the changes posted in the top post of this thread.

As I've reloaded the database on the Test Server (due to required changes to the database), new infirmaries need to be set. I will check to see if any infirmaries have been placed and will update this thread with a list. If you place an infirmary and wish other players to check it, please post in this threads as well.

Thanks!

methos
07-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the clarification re general uses.

Infirmary set up again at ghostnations tribe zone 977, close to the big junk pile in 978
fee of $5 which is the minimum i could set.

methos
07-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I tested my own infirmary as no one else has yet.

Good Job I did, cos there was a couple of issues with it.

First one is quite minor, i died right outside my tribe, but the distance on the option screen my tribe was 6126 m away.
Im kinda of assuming its missing the decimal point and should have read 61.26m away.

The second issue is a bit more important, I made my front door (with a roof) into my tribe the infirmary, thats no problem in itself
as I leave the doors open. The issue is my front door is raised off the ground by 4m with a room underneath.
On Res I promptly fell through the Scavenger floor 4x4 into the room below.
If anybody had used it, they would be trapped.
On reflection my tribe was built under the old arch system and has no trusses at all
so that may have had an effect.

Also another minor point with the formatting of the revive list thats available on the infirmary
the list of names of who revived, namely my toon twice. the first name in the list
is actually displayed on the same line as the column headings instead of the next line
underneath.

thurgond
07-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Tested height from rezing at an Infirmary by placing my Infirmary at the top of my 10 story tower. Jumped off till I died and came back at ground level. Then went to the top floor and died of thirst. That time came back on the top floor.

The cause of both deaths were listed as "unknown."

Xsyon
07-06-2015, 12:16 AM
I've updated the Test Server with a few fixes (posted also in the top thread).

The issue with porting to an upper level infirmary and falling through the floor should be fixed now.
Distances listed in the Revive Panel are corrected now.
Your Home location should display the distance.
The position of the list of patients in the Infirmary Panel has been adjusted.

Note: I haven't yet set the causes of death for the patients list.

Please confirm that porting to upper level infirmaries works correctly now. I'll test this more tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

thurgond
07-06-2015, 03:01 AM
There are major problems with the latest fix or it caused my character to be terribly bugged.

Logged in at top of tower and fell to ground immediately. Could not go up ramps or boulders. Was not supported by floors or platforms. Died again and immediately fell through to ground again.

methos
07-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Distance shown correctly....Fixed
Falling through Infirmary floor on res...Fixed :)
Revive List Formatting (revivees listed correctly under headings)....Fixed

Cause of death is still listed as unknown.

Minor
Tribe name of player who has revived only displays first 10 characters of Players Tribe name in revive list

Thank you for the fast responses to problems reported
Sorry to add another issue.

methos
07-06-2015, 03:07 AM
There are major problems with the latest fix or it caused my character to be terribly bugged.

Logged in at top of tower and fell to ground immediately. Could not go up ramps or boulders. Was not supported by floors or platforms. Died again and immediately fell through to ground again.

Ok it seems we posted at the exact same time with our replies.

I immediately logged back in at the top of my place and didnt fall through the floor
and i was stood exactly on the point of where 4 corners of floor tiles meet and
i can travel up/down ramps as normal.

will test that a few more times

Xsyon
07-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi Thurgond,

Please check again today. I needed to update the Test exe one more time. Everything should be ok now.

Thanks!

thurgond
07-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Things are fine now. No falling through floors and platforms. Can go up ramps and boulders. Rezed in correct place.

Thanks for the fast work as usual.

Xsyon
07-07-2015, 10:33 AM
The final release build for the next update is up on the Test Server. I've turned off the Welcome Station from being set but Infirmaries should be all set to go.

I've adjusted the sign placement on roof parts. A few of the roof parts need their models rotated, which will be done during the next maintenance.

If there are any last minute issues please let me know.

Thanks!

thurgond
07-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Didn't find any issues. Had to unassign and reassign the infirmary to get the sign to show up, but assuming that was part of new placement.