PDA

View Full Version : 08/08/2016 - Feedback Request - Optimization Patch

Xsyon
08-08-2016, 02:08 AM
A massive optimization and bug fix patch is now live. If you encounter any problems or unexpected changes with this patch, please post them here so that I can look into them immediately.

Full patch notes for this patch are posted here (http://www.xsyon.com/entry.php/206-Patch-Notes-08-08-2016)

Thanks!

ferglong
08-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Hi, I just died in tribe and when the revive screen appeared, it didn't list tribe names, (usually 3 options), but had 5 options listed as there were 5 currency amounts, however the 2nd sum was about 10 digits long and covered the 'distance' section. I died again to test it and had the same issue again.

EvilGreebo
08-08-2016, 08:32 AM
We saw the same problem - and when my wife picked the 0 dollar option it wasn't for our home tribe, but a nearby starting area.

PanStargazer
08-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Strange tool tip issues. The tool tip would occasionally show an incorrect colored (rare) item label repeated to the edge of the screen. Moving the mouse at all would cause it to refresh and show the correct info. This happened several times until the tool tip showed what I guess was the array of non alphabet characters. This stayed fixed on the screen and all other text in the game disappeared, even the escape menu showed blank boxes. Then crashed during exit. Will try to get screencaps of the buggy tooltips if it happens again.

PanStargazer
08-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Here's a recurrence of the first tool tip bug.

Xsyon
08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
The Infirmary panel (re-spawn location list) has been fixed on the Test Server and is being checked out (through the launcher only right now).

I haven't been able to reproduce the tool tip issue so I have a few questions:

1) When this happens is it only with full 50 slot bins? Or does it happen with any size containers with varying contents?

2) Does this happen with containers on your back / belt pouches? Or does this happen only with containers on the ground? Or does this happen with containers in a cart only? Or can it happen with any of these?

Thanks!

PanStargazer
08-08-2016, 06:11 PM
I have only noticed in 50 slot bins on carts, not sure if the bin needs to be full to cause the bug. I will test.

thurgond
08-08-2016, 06:46 PM
First noticed tooltip bug on items in meat or plant baskets in commissary. Later saw in 50 slot bins on ground.

PanStargazer
08-08-2016, 07:16 PM
So far I have seen it from bins that were in carts, in tents, and on the ground, but not carried packs or pouches. They need not be full.

Xsyon
08-09-2016, 09:02 AM
I've patched fixes for both the infirmary / revival issue and the tool tip bug. If either still has problems please let me know.

I wasn't able to actually reproduce the tool tip bug but I didn't find a potential cause in the code and fixed it. So, I think it's fixed but we'll soon see.

Thanks!

Fluentur
08-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Hi
I received the revival problem too, no information about infirmary's or home.

I also have just logged on today and the Building i was planning was all Valid and pending, but now 2 floor parts are invalid?

I will go on again in a bit to see if i can replace them with new floor pieces.

ferglong
08-09-2016, 02:11 PM
I just tested the revive system twice and all appears good now. Thank you!

ferglong
08-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Another issue I've noticed is with my trade totem. When I open the trade totem, instead of stating the number of items I have up on totem, it says 'E Items'. Typing a letter into the search bar, the number of items is stated as a random symbol like a # or =. Clicking on the global tab doesn't show the heading info, but typing a letter in that search window brings up the heading info but just says 'items' at the end

Xsyon
08-10-2016, 11:35 AM
I've patched a fix for the item count on the title of trade totems.

I also have just logged on today and the Building i was planning was all Valid and pending, but now 2 floor parts are invalid?
There was a rendering issue causing invalid parts to show as valid immediately after I first patched this update. You may have been seeing the effects of this. To make sure things are displaying correctly now, please delete all files from your Xsyon/Base/Scripts directory (with the game closed) and patch again through the launcher. If you still have issues after this, let me know.

Thanks!

Fluentur
08-10-2016, 01:48 PM
I've patched a fix for the item count on the title of trade totems.

There was a rendering issue causing invalid parts to show as valid immediately after I first patched this update. You may have been seeing the effects of this. To make sure things are displaying correctly now, please delete all files from your Xsyon/Base/Scripts directory (with the game closed) and patch again through the launcher. If you still have issues after this, let me know.

Thanks!

Yes that was the problem, were all showing fine the 1st day when in fact they weren't 'as you said'.
All sorted now
Thanks