PDA

View Full Version : is this game ?

ThatDuck
11-23-2016, 05:07 AM
I havent seen any new updates by late.. is this game dead ?

zyphora
11-23-2016, 09:49 AM
No, the game is not dead. He is working on some updates.

Blazette
11-28-2016, 06:14 PM
He's working hard as much as one man can do! It's definitely not dead lol.

Hodo
12-31-2016, 11:36 AM
So after 1 month, there has been little word on progress. Other than the game went on sale on Steam... if you use the STEAM charts to see activity in game, which most steam users use instead of coming to the forums. They will find the game dead, as last I checked there were less than a dozen logins into the game through steam.

thurgond
12-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Well Jordi said he would start releasing new updates in January. Still a few hours till January where I'm at.

Lots of us old timers never log in through Steam. Please don't make me characterize "most Steam users."

Ooloo
12-31-2016, 08:18 PM
O.O

Well after reading the last couple of posts this has got me rather "Steamed".

I will characterize steam users......they want the world for nothing and it better be handed to them on a silver platter today not tomorrow.

Out of the past lets say 12 new players I met and helped, 2 have left the game even before 1 day..."too hard", "my legs are broken so I cant run to the other side of the lake to get a needle from someone who will give it to me for free".

But the other 10, Mind you this is pve, they are setting up camp...making larger tribes and helping ea other out. 10 people in one day and ive been on pvp for about a month so I don't know how many more have come in.

The game is not dead and 3-4 patches are said to be ready to roll out starting in Jan.

No the ranged probably wont be one of them....I could see pvp dieing completely after people get killed without knowing what hit them or from where. I want ranged but sorry I think with the combat the way it is, ranged would be a disaster right now.

I don't use Steam, I log in normal. I have been at this now for 4 years on and off...there are no npc quests...best thing around.

if all you can do is come to forums to complain then this is not the game for you...Old or new.

Mookie

Hodo
01-01-2017, 11:32 AM
O.O

The game is not dead and 3-4 patches are said to be ready to roll out starting in Jan.

No the ranged probably wont be one of them....I could see pvp dieing completely after people get killed without knowing what hit them or from where. I want ranged but sorry I think with the combat the way it is, ranged would be a disaster right now.

I don't use Steam, I log in normal. I have been at this now for 4 years on and off...there are no npc quests...best thing around.

if all you can do is come to forums to complain then this is not the game for you...Old or new.

Mookie

The game is dead when you look at it from the STEAM users point of view.

For most of the plague that is Steam users, they look at the Steam Charts for a game to see what the population is.
http://steamcharts.com/app/297470
If you look at this, this will tell you all you need to know if you are a Steam user.

13 average players that connect through Steam, and a peak of 35. Wow... pretty much dead to them. Anything less than 1000 players is dead when they look at MMOs.

If we are to compare the games in this market to each other.... here is a few others side by side.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/366220,297470,290080,287920
Xsyon- 35 peak
Wurm Unlimited- 777
Mortal Online - 239
LiF:YO-2285

Those are all sandbox games, 2 of them are MMORPG Open world PVP Sandbox, 2 are much like Xsyon but not (yet) MMOs, but are online and have dedicated servers.

Just being the devils advocate here. Being a player who uses Steam but not part of the self-entitled plague of locusts that is the current crop of Steam gamers. For them it all about numbers, what is cool, what is cheap and what is trending.

Thailen
05-12-2017, 09:10 PM
The game is dead when you look at it from the STEAM users point of view.

For most of the plague that is Steam users, they look at the Steam Charts for a game to see what the population is.
http://steamcharts.com/app/297470
If you look at this, this will tell you all you need to know if you are a Steam user.

13 average players that connect through Steam, and a peak of 35. Wow... pretty much dead to them. Anything less than 1000 players is dead when they look at MMOs.

If we are to compare the games in this market to each other.... here is a few others side by side.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/366220,297470,290080,287920
Xsyon- 35 peak
Wurm Unlimited- 777
Mortal Online - 239
LiF:YO-2285

Those are all sandbox games, 2 of them are MMORPG Open world PVP Sandbox, 2 are much like Xsyon but not (yet) MMOs, but are online and have dedicated servers.

Just being the devils advocate here. Being a player who uses Steam but not part of the self-entitled plague of locusts that is the current crop of Steam gamers. For them it all about numbers, what is cool, what is cheap and what is trending.

I recently came back to this game. Still pretty newish in my own regard and I got a key for my steam account and generalization all steam people into one category is plain stupid.

I love this game and yeah I agree, steam charts is a big thing for many people. What needs to happen is, steam needs to somehow account for client users as well... or have something somewhere in the game store page that shows all current and active players. That way there's not confusion as to how many people are actually playing.

I don't know for sure how many people are playing Xsyon. I'd say there are at least a few dozen regulars all the time and probably even more then that who just are not active in the global chat.

Hussey
01-02-2018, 08:11 AM
I agree, Steam charts are not a be-all and end-all measurement tool. I go back to this game from time to time and I always see people doing stuff.

Succubus
01-08-2018, 03:54 AM
really? each time I'm on its super dead

legend552
01-08-2018, 07:29 AM
I play on the PvP server, and I have not been on as of recent due to school and other things, but one thing I can say is that on the PvP server, you'll rarely find people at all playing.