The naked wanderer -intro

Once i remember living on mount tathgor, forging weapons and armor made from elements unknown, from tools of pure light. I served under the gods, creating gifts of immense power to honor them for the life they had given unto me. One day I was asked by the gods to create a creature of duality. Confusion overwhelmed me, but it would not deter me, and so i began. It seemed time faded around me as I worked on this being, yet no matter how i tried i could not finish my work. Finally the gods called me to them, telling me to bring what my work has made. Reluctantly i brought my work to the top of the mountain, placing it in the alter. First to speak was Mihr god of armor "Its body from head to toe is without flaw, perfectly constructed". Next to speak was Sophia god of weapons "it overflows with power, like a raging river, expertly crafted". Finally Forfax god of resources spoke "every aspect, every inch, every crevice is made with care, through fire and trial i can see your work is without question the making of a demigod". After a moment of silence i herd them say in unison "yet your work is not finished. For this you have brought shame upon yourself, and will be cast from us. You will be stripped of your tools, your title, your name, and will from this moment live in the human world". My heart sank deep, i failed my gods, yet a question rose up inside me till it came forth "how could i ever bring this being to life without the powers of a god? No matter how i forge, how i work, how i toil and try, i could never bring it breath". In a instance i was no longer on the mountain, but standing in another realm. I was standing on water, surrounded by fog, but then i saw 3 figures move out of the fog toward me. It was a old man in rags, a young man wrapped in darkness, and a woman bathed in light. I knew where i was at that moment, before i could speak Forfax spoke "your trial began when you were asked to forge our creature. You have failed your task, and though it pains us, you must be outcast. I just wanted to see you once more my son". The other two looked at me distantly, but in the old mans eyes i could see pain. Darkness consumed my vision, and i drifted into oblivion.

Slowly i open my eyes to a bright day, sitting up i see that im in the human world. I seem to be dressed in strange clothing, and sitting on a island with some sort of village. I stand up only to fall back down, i must have been out of it for some time. After a few attempts im able to stand and walk into the little village. Walking around i don't seem to see anyone here, yet even more strange there is a bag near the gate with my name on it. I open the bag to find tools of all types, but made out of iron and wood, very fragile tools. Even more confusion fall son me, why would this be here for me, i could break these tools in half with no effort. Pulling out the axe, putting my hand on the blade i struggle and strain to bend the metal with no avail. Seeing the gods have taken my strength too, i holster the tools and walk towards the water so that i may sit and think. Question after question passed through my mind (why did they give me a task i could not complete? Why did they outcast me to the world of humans? Why do i get this feeling im being watched?) Looking to my left there was a woman staring at me, i spoke up "what are you doing?". "i could ask you the same question, you've been sitting there for a while" she replied."where am i? what is the name of these lands?" "last time i checked this is xsyon, unless they changed it recently. So where are you from if you don't mind me asking?" "im from mount tathgor" "never heard of that place. Are you from beyond the mist?". Stopping for a second i ponder (are all humans this strange?) "I don't know this fog you speak of" "ok starters wow, you definitely aren't from around here with that talk. Also im talking about the fog that surrounds xsyon, i always wonder whats on the other side". (At this rate ill never get her to stop talking) "yea im from the far north west, its a small village". "O ok well i was heading north anyway, i would love to walk you back to your village, and get to know you along the way". (I try to cover my back and now she wants to get to know me...) as she walks towards me i feel a power, one that is all to familiar (she has one of the weapons i forged)

A days walk is what it took to get near the edge of the mist, in that time i learn that her name is Terana, and she loves somethings, and is annoyed by even more stuff (sometimes i wish the gods never gave me ears). Quickly we found a small village where i told her i was from (guess i better tell the truth). Right before i spoke we hear a loud crack followed by wood boards fly into the sky from behind a few houses ahead of us. We walk quietly till we reach the houses, then move between 2 of them slowly till we hear another loud crack. Holding my hand out so she knows to stay i then peek around the corner to have my heart stop. (Ganter, why did it have to be a ganter, and no less it seems to be tearing apart this village for something... or someone) i turn back to Terana and whisper "its a ganter" "what in the sams hell is a ganter?" "Its a crocodile mutation, it has the body of a man with the head of a crocodile and its covered in spikes like from a porcupine from its neck to toe. The only down side is it uses ice magic". Terana stairs at me strangly "really? ice magic?" "yes when they eat their breath becomes like iced winds and can almost freeze a man solid, this allows them to make their meal last" "that sounds like a terrible way to go" "by the look of the village, destroyed as it is, id say he's killed everyone in the village". Horror etched over her face as she looked around the corner to see the beast "Why is it still here if he ate all-" the ganter ripped through the rubble of another house, this time a high pitched scream replied. Terana "someone's in that house, we have to stop it!" instinctivly i raise my arm out to stop her. I reply "we cant, it wont be killed without the right weapons, its best we leave before it noti-" pow! I was taken back, she slapped me (why did she do that? there is no way to win this). "you listen here, i dont care where your from or what your customs are. I will never leave someone to die, because aslong as i have breath in my lungs there is hope to win". With that terana pushed by me and ran toward the beast, swinging the sword that she had on her backpack around and hitting the beast's back. The ganter swung around in a instant, cutting terana's arm with its spikes, i quickly ran to help her with a dagger in hand (this is a time where i wish i had a actual weapon). It lunges a terana as she rolls out of its path, sadly ganter arent entirely dumb, it then picks up ruble from a destroyed house and hurls it at both of us. We both dodge out of the way, but i get hit by the beast foot as it kicks me a few feet away. I hit the ground hard and roll, when i stop i begin to cough up blood (this is strange, ive never bleed before, and i feel a intense amount of pain in my chest like something is broken). I try to stand until im met with the beast's foot again, this time it strikes across my head and the world blacks out. Much time later i wake up to the sun setting over the horizon, i struggle to my feet before looking around. I dont see the ganter anymore- (no) i rush over to Terana, her body lays limp with a wooden spike sticking through her chest, blood coats her clothes and she is almost white as snow. "no no no, wake up terana, you have to wake up, cmon!", her eyes peek open, she whispers "we did it, we fought the beast and i got a good hit on it and scared it away. Tell me the person we were trying to save is ok now". I look to the crumbled house where we heard the scream, all thats left is blood and bones, i turn back to her "yes she is just knocked out, ill check on her in a second but we have to get you down and help you" "no, i think my time is up, but dont worry now you have someone knew to travel with, just promise me you'll take care of them". (ive never felt this way before, it feels like my heart is being wrenched from my chest) i look down, unable to meet her gaze "i promise. Tell the gods i said hello" i look up to see she is already gone. After spending some time digging her a grave in town i set off down a beaten dirt road, not sure were im going but sure of one thing, I will repay my debt to terana, even if i have to defy the false gods who made me.
    Last edited by delpapa; 11-27-2017 at 06:17 AM. Reason: i will continue to edit the post to add onto the story, atleast until the first chapter is done

Great story! Hope you can bring some of those story elements into Roleplaying!

Part 1
    A broken home
    (Its been 3 long months, i still havent seen the gods since that day the forger was kicked from the mount. Soon the power that held this city together started to leave, and with it the demigods began to go to earth, seeing as how the city started to crumble there was no place for us here anymore. Often i wonder where the gods went? What did the forger do to be kicked from the mount? And why cant anyone remember his name, im sure he had one. O well i guess its back to scaving)

Sabre often let her thoughts drift as she scavenged the ruins of mount tathgor, sometimes she would find tools and items of great worth, othertimes she would go home empty handed. Always she would leave with memories, her home in all its glory before the gods left, all the demigods bustling about their daily lives. As she walks up to what use to be her house she hesitates to open the door, always wanting this to be some bad dream, wanting to walk through the door and be greated by her love. When she opens the door, always the same reminder of a broken home, so she lays the bag of items on the floor and begins to draw them out. First was a cube of green and gold with a center hole in the top, looking inside she could see no bottom, just endless space (this will work much better than my bag). Next was a buckler, the center was brass but around the edges was a glow of light (seems like a normal shield), sabre tossed the buckler aside. It hit the ground then shot light into the roof, breaking through the ceiling, Sabre stood up and picked the small thing up. Examining it she was clueless as to what happend, she hit it against the wall a few times but nothing happend, then she hit the handle and light shot out the front, breaking a wall in two and causing the house to grumble. Quickly she grabbed her bag and the cube, then ran out the house as it collapsed behind her (well it was bound to happen sooner or later, might as well find what i can and go down to the human world, im the last one that stayed anyway). Some time later when she could wait no longer, she sat on the cliff of the city, before the city lost all the magic there use to be a safety zone that kept people from falling, now you had to climb down the massive cliffside and hope you didnt slip.

An hour later she staired into the portal room, it sat at the base of the mountain that let the demigods leave, powered by magic infused rock the portals would remain open until broken. Walking in it was dark, normaly the portals would offer light from the reflection of their destination but almost all the portals were pure green mist, except one. She wondered (what could lay on the other side? is this the last spot on earth that isnt dead? is he there?). After a moment she took a deep breath, and jumped through, stepping on the hard rock she looked around and saw she was on a mountain side, a bit to the south was the green mist, but to the north there was all these rolling hills surrounding a lake with a small island in the middle.

Finally she had reached the bottom of the mountain, looking ahead was thick woods with a canopy so dense the light couldn't touch the ground. "Sometimes I wonder how bad my luck really is" giant spiders then scuttled out of the top of the trees and deeper into the woods "and it just gets better".

As Sabre walked through the woods she had her shield and torch ready. Yet the more she thought about this place the more it clung on to her thoughts, something here is unnatural. Could it be the smell of wild berry pie, the deathly look of the trees, even the ground wasn't right, strange colors painted the ground. A shadow emerged behind her from a tree, it whispered "what a strange one". Sabre turned, swiping with her torch but nothing is there. The shadow reappeared behind her, leaning close it whispers "we may keep her like the rest". Slowly turning she only finds more trees and darkness "show yourself! Whatever you are". In response a little girls voice says "we don't like this one, she has long hair, we want it, so we takes it". (No I can't let this thing or things take my hair!) Sabre begins to Sprint into the woods, unaware of where she is going but sure of one thing (I will not go bald again). After a few minutes she slowed down to a stop and stared at a strange click set in a tree (am I dreaming or is this getting stranger every step?). The clock began to speed up faster and faster till it stopped, then a crack wedged it's way through it. The little girls whisper echoed across the trees "time will come and go, all you know will be lost, but you will never leave".

Much time had passed since she stepped into the dark woods, now Sabre had started to loose her mind, running franticly to and fro until she slammed into something, hitting the ground she looked up to a man with a shovel staring down into her eyes. After a moment the man extended a hand toward her for assistance, it was caullised, his hair was down to his shoulders, he wore a brown shirt with brown pants. Standing on her own she continued to stair at him "who are you?". With a deep voice almost as a rumble "I am Damon, and you are?". Shakily she replied "I'm Sabre, I ventured into these woods to get to the lake but I got lost, plus this demon or shadow thing that sounds like a girl, and a bear... unless that was a bear and I didn't know it". Damon stared out into the long dark "well i set out into these woods to catch this demon and rescue any who fall into her trap, so far I've had little success". "What do you mean little success?" "I mean all who think about her feed her, the more you think of anything she is, what she does, the stronger she gets, she will turn your senses against you till you loose all sense, then she will end your life by your own hand". A shiver went down her spine "how do you know all this?". Damon looks into her eyes "because she is my daughter".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sorry my post aren't consistent, the holidays have caused much stress, but I will continue to stay faithful and write as I can, until next time

Haha don’t worry about inconsistent posting. The story is really great so far! It keeps getting more intense with each massing minute.

Pain shot through Sabre as she was drawn into the dark. Nightmare after nightmare attacked her, choked her, until she couldnt bare it any longer. A loud thud resonated beside her, it was a shovel, then it was gone. A voice deep and slow rung out "Sabre, the only way to escape this is to focus on what is real". What did the voice mean what is real? As she looked over she saw a puddle of water, it slowly crept towards her, growing until the water started to rise all around her. "I cannot save you, but i can lead you to it, i need you to focus on the smell". She took a deep breath in and there, it was faint but the same smell of berry pie was there. She was stolen from her thoughts as the water violently shot up and consumed her. "Now i need you to place your hand under you, what do you feel?". Panicking she shot her hand down to feel a shock rise up it, slowly feeling around she felt dirt, but how could this be? "Now i need one last thing, i need you to breath", at first Sabre hesitated but then it hit her, this isnt real. She began to breath, then the darkness swarmed her vision once more.

Pain shot though her head as Sabre sat up "woa there easy, you've been out for about a day, take a second to get your barings". Looking over she saw Damon siting down, still and calm as if nothing in the world mattered. Sabre began to speak "my head is ki-. Wait did you say ive been out for a day?!". "Yes ive had to stop your from killing yourself a few times, but now that you've returned you should be fine". Sabre and Damon stood up right as a swirling black mist formed by their side, then it was gone, replaced by a small girl no older than 8 with blonde hair and a red dress. Yet when she looked up her eyes were not of this world, dark eyes with a center white dot staired at Sabre. Damon spoke before Sabre could react "my princess where did you run off to?", in a sweet voice the girl replied "i was just playing in the woods". Sabre reached behind her taking out a dagger, throwing it into the demon child. Yet as it hit she vanished, Damon turned to her "try as you might you wont hit her, now give me a moment". Turning back the child reapeared "now this is daddy's friend, and i need you to promise me that you wont hurt her". The child looked into her daddy's eyes, then hugged him "i promise i wont". Satisfied with her answer Damon reached into a pouch on his belt and took out what look to be a marble, it had red and white swirls. The girl took it and popped it in her mouth, then stood by his side with the biggest grin on her face. Sabre's mix look of puzzlement and anger finally made Damon talk "whats wrong?". "A: i dont know what that was, two is she gunna not hurt me now? and last why dont you give her those all the time?!". "These are candies, she wont hurt you, and i only have a small amount left so i save them for when it matters. Now if you have any other questions id be happy to answer them on the way out of these woods". Sabre nodded and began to walk by Damon's side through the woods while keeping a eye on the demon child.

My life has taken many many turn since my last post, im sorry for the gap. Like i said i will try to continue the story as i can but my life seems to have other plans then letting me enjoy my work lol

After some time the trio emerged from the forest, as they looked upon the lake they saw a small island in the middle with a town. The sun had begun to set, the clouds looked as if a tapestry was placed upon them, with night soon to approach the group gathered brush from the trees and made a small fire. Sitting down Sabre searched into her pouch, then pulling out a flask she unscrews the top and holds it out to Damon. "Want a swig?" "what is it?" "Unicorn farts and fairy dust", Damon's expression went blank. "Just take a swig, promise its not poison", Damon takes the flask and stairs into the top, after a moment he takes a swig. Gulping it down he immediately begins to cough and hold his chest as princess jumps up. Damon's hand shoots out in front of the child as he takes a deep breath "that drink has a lot of kick to it, but i like the cinnamon after taste". "You get use to it the more you drink" Damon hands the bottle back, then Sabre takes a swig. As she looks to the child she can see it plain as day, the hatred burning deep behind those eyes. "So how exactly did you come by this?" she gestures to the demon child, Damon looks at Sabre with a smile. "O you don't know? Ok well when a mommy and daddy love each other very much they-" "stop. I mean how is she part demon". Damon sat there for a moment pondering how to respond. "Well i happen to be decent at playing music and one day i was sitting near this waterfall, playing a song to pass the time when this strange woman appeared out of the bushes. She wore black leather armor and had a bow in hand, i didn't pay her much mind as i continued to play. After i finished my song i saw her still in the same spot, but she had been siting and listening. Some time passed as we got to know one another and grew closer together, then one day she left and didn't return for what seemed like a eternity. Then as i lay near the pond where i first met her she appeared again, wearing the same outfit i saw her in when we first met. My heart began to leap as i ran to her, yet when i got closer i noticed she had something behind her, it was a basket. She drew it out and there lay a baby, wrapped in silk and sound asleep. I tried to ask her where she had been but she cut me off, telling me she had no time. Handing me the child she told me it was our daughter, and that i needed to take care of her till she returned. Then before she left she warned me, on the child's 8th birthday she will gain all the powers her mother has. I was so confused as i looked at my princess, then i looked up and she was gone. Every day since I've tried my best to take care of her". Sabre's look went from puzzlement to confusion "you had no clue she was a demon?". Shaking his head Damon replied "it wouldn't have mattered, i loved her".

After the sun had fallen and the fire lay dead the three were fast asleep. Shaken from his dream Damon looked up at princess "whats wrong?", she pointed up near the edge of the woods were a faint light came from. Damon quickly rose and woke Sabre, before she could speak he stopped her and pointed toward the light that was growing brighter by the second. He helped her to her feet then waved them to stand still, Drawing up his shovel he pushed it into the earth. Moving his hands in a circle behind the shovel he then brought them together at the center of it, a dull chime rung out as the ends of the shovel turned a dark blue. From the woods 2 people emerged riding massive bears bigger than a man with purple fur, they held torches and spears and had blood on their shining steel armor. They seemed to not notice the three as the bears strode along until the further bear stopped, sniffing the air it began to growl. Fear began to grip Sabre as the bears began to slowly walk toward the group sniffing the ground.

Would Damon's magic be broken, will the bears walk through the group as if they weren't there, or will something entirely strange occur? Find out next time

UPDATE: the naked wanderer is about to receive it's next large part, due to loss in work and stress at home I have been stretched on time but I can assure you this next post will satisfy your hunger