Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

List of Suggested Skills

Some new skills (sorry if i repeat) that may be helpful to the game-play:

Discovery (incipient skill):
    Discovery allows you more access as you to more skills (thus, allowing features that are implemented later not being used by newer players right away). Discovery is increased with every positive action in the world and allows for better evolution of the current character and future.

Carpentry:
    Carpentry allows you to build furniture for your town or home as well as allows for you to build decor(requires lumber).

Gardening:
    Gardening is used to plant trees and flowers for decor and other resources (requires seeds).

Leadership:
    Leadership is used for tribal matters as it lowers resources for buildings and gold for NPC hirelings.

Sociability:
    Sociability is increased with quests and time spent in parties. Sociability decreases costs when buying and increases costs when selling, but costs may never be decreased less then 10% of selling costs.

Faith:
    Faith is required for religion and allows for lesser death penalties as well as higher positive religion effects on you. Faith is increased by living in a tribe with the same faith as you, doing quests for your brethren, and by participating in same religion activities.

Slaying:
    Slaying increases your PvE attacks and defense against normal monsters and is increased slightly with normal monsters, increased moderately with elite monsters, and increased significantly with notable monsters that render you experience. Slaying only works against normal monsters and has very little effect on elite and none on notable.

Here is just some ideas, post more or give me your idea on what you think.

Re:List of Suggested Skills

I don't agree with the sociability skill as I see it as something you can attribute to a players actual personality.
    And also because it deals with buying and selling and in Xsyon I see 99% of all trade being between players and not NPCs.

Hmm there are currently 50 skills in the game, and even more is planned to be added later...probably some of the skills you suggested are already implemented

Sociability is right out, there are NO npcs (Other then animals/monsters). Carpentry will probably be coupled with architecture. Faith is probably already in the works (we won't know until religion comes out). Discovery is more something that the devs need to keep track of manually and add stuff into the game accordingly. I'm not sure how combat works in-game yet so I won't talk about slaying. And Gardening, when it comes out, is going to be called agriculture.

sorry, its hard to tell what is everything and i know about agriculture, but i thought that only relates to farming. Sociability should have some bearing if you at least add some NPCs (we shouldn't have total trade amongst players only).

PS:
    Carpentry is not the same as architecture, as one is building a house and another is decorating the house.

fortunado wrote:
    sorry, its hard to tell what is everything and i know about agriculture, but i thought that only relates to farming. Sociability should have some bearing if you at least add some NPCs (we shouldn't have total trade amongst players only).

PS:
    Carpentry is not the same as architecture, as one is building a house and another is decorating the house.
    You have a point about the carpentry thing, but they did say that there are not going to be any NPCs. The closest thing is going to be an auction like system(I think) that has to do with tribal totems. Agriculture, I think by the name, will include all planting/growing things that have to do with plants.

this will be interesting then, if PvE is almost non-existent.

fortunado wrote:
    PvE is very much there. As I said in my first post, there are still animals/mutated things.

fortunado wrote:
    PvE is existent, there will be animals and monsters in the game.

i said ALMOST non-existent as animals are only for hide and monsters only for some items and gold.