Really..this isnt another Horizons??

Sorry..been burned sooo many times over games offering..well...pretty much what this game offers.
    I have yet, aside from one, seen a game this detailed...

Just reminds me of so many other games that promised this much...only one was true..Eve...lol but I hate Space.

Is it proper for me to ask those in the pre-phase if the game lives up to whats advertised? Because, honestly there's a sheet ton advertised... :P

Re:Really..this isnt another Horizons??

Most of the advertised features beyond terraforming are not yet in the game.

But the most important one, server stability and hacker defenses are there now. The development process is going step by step and so far all the bugs found have been corrected.

This game does have much of what Horizon promised as well in terms of attacks by animals and mutants if they are not kept in check. Those swarm attacks were some of the best parts of Horizons way back then but they did not seem to happen very often.

I agree with Oakstead.

You mentioned EVE, I am a long time EVE player myself, just kind of burnt out and looking for a change of scenery. What is in game so far does excide my expectations, we have great communication from the Devs, and they are progressing. I believe this game will live up to what’s advertised enough that I would feel comfortable recommending it to friends.

Right now in game seems like you can do about 5 things. Run around in circles, swim, some terraforming, gather some resources (grass, scavenged items from junk piles, twigs), and do some crafting (basketweaving, tailoring, leatherworking, toolmaking, weaponsmithing). So, not much really to see yet. I'll hold back my opinion, and recommendations, until i see more of the actual game.

Edited to add: The crafting system does seem promising though. Easy to understand, not that time consuming (time involved is just gathering materials), and plenty of variety by the looks.

The devs of Xsyon have been very open and honest about what they are doing, and what their timeline is. The players in the game currently are just lucky enough to help them with testing and implementing those features as they get ready for launch.

There is a difference between things being disabled as they continue beta and development vs. things being disabled in a game after launch. Horizons, Dark & Light, those games launched lacking almost all the features they claimed to have and it was a disaster on both accounts. I doubt Notorious Games will follow in those footsteps.

MMOSanc, are you somehow "officially" related to that site?
    Will you play or are you here just to do your job and watch this game?

just askin'

MMOSanc wrote:
    The devs of Xsyon have been very open and honest about what they are doing, and what their timeline is. The players in the game currently are just lucky enough to help them with testing and implementing those features as they get ready for launch.
    That EXACT type of thing used to be stated over and over again on the Mortal Online forums but it turned out that the devs were lying all along. If something isn't in the game now in beta there is NO REASON to believe that it will eventually be in. Every single time that line of thinking has been proven to be a mistake and in every single new game people make that same mistake over and over again.

I'm not saying that Xsyon will turn out like Mortal Online, Darkfall, Dark and Light, etc.. but so far we have no reason to believe that it wont.

Then we will just have to prove it

However, many of the current testers will vouch that changes to things like combat that were requested by the mass have been made.

On top of this there have been many updates even multiple ones a day.

prokop15 wrote:
    Combat was and still is pretty awful.

Updates haven't added any features.
    They have changed it a lot though from what it originally was.

I said it changed by request of the populous, I didn't say it still doesn't have its flaws