A few noob questions

Sense the PVE server is apparently down I figured I would ask a few questions.

I've been a hermit sense starting the game just working on crafting and the such.

1. Is there an in game map besides the one that displays on the HUD?

2. I read something about mist totems, how or where would I find them?

3. Is there currently a way to survive the green mist, if not is there any plan of removing any of it in the future?

4. Am I correct in assuming that certain junk piles give out pre-determined recipes? The pile next to my house gives out tons of leather crafting recipes.

4a. Is there a certain pile for architect recipes or am I just unlucky in getting no architect recipes?

Hi Darthorious,

1. http://zoom.it/wKmT (case sensitive, so use upper/lower chars as given)

2. mist totems can be placed if a tribe has at least 5 characters. These are tent-like buildings with a plate upon it where coins are stacked. It allows to buy patterns/schemes/blueprints at a very high price depending on the rareness.

3. you cannot survive the mist currently (or only for a few seconds depending on your HP), see also here:
    https://www.xsyon.com/info/index.php/Mist

4. yes you are correct. Try piles in different zones to get a better variety.

4a. the higher your charm and scavenging skill, the higher the chance for recipes. My best findings were in extreme danger level zones but of course the animals there are more dangerous than in low danger zones.

More useful hints are in the Xsyon Wiki or ask ingame.

Hope this helps

Wyry

Hello!

Wyry is correct but I'll add a bit more...

Regarding the Mist, I do plan to remove, or rather, extend it in the future. The world we originally created is 9 times larger than the current playable area and is actually a large island.

Regarding scrap piles - the scavenging tables are set by named region (for example Zephyr, Round Hill etc.). All scrap piles within a region use the scavenging table for that region.

In addition, you have a better chance of finding 'rare' items such as architecture recipes away from your tribe area.

Also, scavenging actually works on any surface but the chance of finding items is much higher on scrap piles.

I hope that helps!

Mist Totems are designed as a money sink for veteran players. Head on down to Round Hill to visit the mist trader totem that is part of the Animal Crackers Welcome Station. While there you can climb the Tower of Song and try on hats.

There are more leather crafting schemes than there are for other crafts, so any pile may seem to yield a lot of leather schemes.

-- Ravelli

Ah thank you very much Xsyon for these details helps a lot for searching the junk piles

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

In addition, you have a better chance of finding 'rare' items such as architecture recipes away from your tribe area.
    Xyson, can you clarify: Is it only from one's OWN tribe area, or any other tribe as well? In other words, if I travel across the map and scavenge just outside (or on) someone else's tribe, do I still get a better chance of rares since I'm far from my tribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallin View Post
    Xyson, can you clarify: Is it only from one's OWN tribe area, or any other tribe as well? In other words, if I travel across the map and scavenge just outside (or on) someone else's tribe, do I still get a better chance of rares since I'm far from my tribe?
    Just from your own tribe area. (It's meant to encourage players to explore different areas).

Just from your own tribe area. (It's meant to encourage players to explore different areas).
    So are you saying that if a player plants their totem on extreme junk, they are only ruining the rare chance for themselves only, no one else ?

This is indeed new to me, as for years i believed ALL players were affected by a totem near junk and not just the owner
    as you seem to be saying here.

On a side note there are lots of myths rumours that exist like this because only the dev knows the truth

It means leaving the players guessing all the time and thats how all these rumours start

Like the Lucky Horseshoe, Im convinced its utterly useless, but some swear it increases scav rare chance.

Like Grinding lots of skills in one group gets progressively harder (harder in more uses required)

I leveled hunting to 100 skill, at 99.x skill level i needed 146 uses per 0.01 skill gain, uses as in 146 skinning actions.
    This was the THIRD skill I leveled to 100 in that group and it was way harder then the first 2 skills

just to put some context on that, its 14,600 skill uses or over 1000 bears to go from 99 to 100 skill....1000 bears !

Now Im doing my 4th skill in that group fully expecting it to take even more uses then hunting did.
    but it isnt...

at 94 scav skill - 26 uses per 0.01 scav skill gain
    95 skill - 31 uses per gain
    96 skill - 38 uses per gain
    97 skill - 52 uses per gain

I cant see that going then higher then 146 uses like hunting was at 99 skill

any info to clear that up ?
    Last edited by chojinuk; 06-07-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Makes sense and was what I assumed, but I was unsure.Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post

On a side note there are lots of myths rumours that exist like this because only the dev knows the truth
    It means leaving the players guessing all the time and thats how all these rumours start
    I agree. I’d much rather have the facts rather than speculating and basing game play on rumours and incorrect information.