New be questions.

1. How to gain wainwright? I tried to create forager's cart handle. I've created more than 30 and gain basketry to 60 but wainwright is gained only by 2
    2. How can I determine armor class of clothing?
    3. How can I determine what weapon is better?
    4. What skills/weapon/armor/etc I need to kill the bear?

1. Wainwright is hard to level and is an advanced skill. Other parts should give more experience per part than handles. Since carts do not wear out, the easiest way to get one is to claim an abandoned cart.
    2. All armor of a given type and location has the same damage mitigation. From least to most mitigation: grass, cloth, leather, revenant, bone. Pants and shirt have the most mitigation and there are no bone pants and shirts, so the Heywood leather pants and shirt you can craft from the start will give you 40% of the mitigation of a full supreme masters leather set. Higher quality armor pieces made from full power or mutant parts will give much better stat bonuses.
    3. The quality of a weapon determines damage. Eg. all axes of 75% quality will hit for the same damage. In order of speed and damage: blades, axes, clubs, picks/shovels. Since the the primary method of fighting is to fully charge your swing then hold it while backing up until your opponent swings, the consensus is that picks/shovels are the "best" weapon.
    4. Player skill (timing swings) is very important. Ravelli has been around since the game went live. With a pre-order blade, blades and armed skill close to 100, and a premium quality bone set, he as problems killing anything bigger than a bear cub. To hunt bears, best to bring a friend or 6.

-- Ravelli

Thank you, for your reply.
    I completely disapointed. It means that the game don't give me any goals I want to strive for. What is the reason to learn new recipes, lock for new ones and make something new? It is enough to learn one recipe and grind it all your life. All others thing is bells and whistles and useles.
    Now I see only one goal fo myself. It is to create a cart. But for what? It is useless when I can chose the most cheap recipe and 90% of other ingame items are useles.

I'm very upset. Because I believed that this is the game that I want to play for years. But I was wrong.

new by questions

Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Thank you, for your reply.
    I completely disapointed. It means that the game don't give me any goals I want to strive for. What is the reason to learn new recipes, lock for new ones and make something new? It is enough to learn one recipe and grind it all your life. All others thing is bells and whistles and useles.
    Now I see only one goal fo myself. It is to create a cart. But for what? It is useless when I can chose the most cheap recipe and 90% of other ingame items are useles.

I'm very upset. Because I believed that this is the game that I want to play for years. But I was wrong.
    I am not attacking but let me give you some of my insights to the game. I have been playing it for longer than 2 years and have between steam and web based about 4k in hours on this game. When I first started playing I learned about having to grind. The players when I asked questions were very helpful and helped me to understand the game more. in saying that this is a lot like real life.I can not graduate from high school and walk into a million dollar job or any job making some serious money. NOW that being said someone will come up with what has happened to them in real life and they make big money however the majority of the world that is not the case. Soo Xsyon is a lot like real life. You have to build up skills to be able to make the higher end items. You can also trade, work for others, and even when scavenging save the in game dollars to buy stuff by opening a ticket and getting anything from tools, weapons, blue prints, receipes etc. Myself I love the grind as it gives me a satisfaction of completing something and striving for the areas I want to make my own high skills. I do have several toons as I know that I can not have ONE player and get all the skills it just wont work. The game mechanics do not lend to that however I do have 5 toons that I have and each one has different skills to get what I need to do different things. I worked 3 real months to get wainwright up and I can make master cars (20 slot ones) for forager and trappers. I am also a builder and my arch is 100 and when I build something big that takes awhile I end up getting new blue prints by inspiration. My imagination is the only thing that pretty much stops me from building anything I can think up. My compound is The Master Builders and I encourage anyone to come on by and check it out. I made a grand entrance that is always open so you can look inside and some of the door to the towers are open and you can run around the top of 10 stories. I built a bridge with friends, have a good sized zoo for food or just to have them for taming. Overall I love this game and the developer is only ONE guy and with what he has accomplished is worthy of kudos. I can program but no where near the level that he has. That being said when someone complains about the game this or that I have to ask them (CAN YOU PROGRAM) and if so do you think you can do it faster, better, cleaner etc. IF SO then can I see YOUR game? SO in saying that I am not attacking I am pointing out that ONE GUY has done all this and I for one am daily amazed at the game and it's performance. I am also very patient and can wait for these updates. Some people need instant gratification while others know you have to work at it to get better. Some folks want to start at the top myself I want to EARN it. My compound I pretty much built myself and I gathered materials, fought off animals (not always successful) and made or traded for everything that I did. I have a lot of friends now in game and I can trade with them to help me get more mats faster so I can build. Myself I will do what ever I can to help the developer continue to move this game forward. I have been blessed to be able in my later life to help monetarily and I buy toons, Probably never need, but the point is I want to have him continue to embrace his dream and give him some money to help in that endeavor. My compound took almost a real year to build but I love it and I am still building in it. ONE day my dream is to have 2 tribes together with no walls between them but have a wall around BOTH of them and I have succeded in that however it is taking me time to make buildings and think of what I want it to look like. I am thinking of building a village with lodging, blacksmith, hardware, stores, houseses etc. That will take time and resorces and since I work mostly alone with the help of 2 others from time to time I am having the time of my life. FOR me this game is so much fun that other games do not have. I have played others that constant kill you even when you have nothing to take and they revel in that. Myself I perfer to build and grow stuff and enjoy the friends that I have in game.

I dont want to attack you too, but I will say directly. No need to label me and interpret my words differently. I said just what I said.
    I disapointed and I dont see any goals for me in this game.
    I love grinding too and I love the result of my job (more than 1 year in Wurm). But I don’t like it when I spent a lot of time and got nothing, just what I already have, just the same thing with a different color.
    I said nothing about developer. Moreover, I myself am a developer on few different enterprise level projects (in a different times). And I know what level of skills a developer should have to develop this game. And what effort was spent on it.
    And I dont blame anyone! I just sorry that this game have a colossal potential but doesn't use it. It is the vision of the autor of this game. i'm sure he found his own goal, but it looks, like it is different from my goal.
    And after all it is just my opinion.
    And I'm hapy that other people find its own interest in this game. I'm even a little worried about the author, because I know that is not a good when you see how few people appreciate your masterpiece.

This is just what I am saying. And please do not imagine what I thought. I write what I thought without a second thought.
    Last edited by Robespierre; 06-17-2019 at 03:36 PM.

This is not the end!
    Yesterday, when I received the first answer from thurgond I wrote the negative review in the Steam. But it turned out that thurgond give me the wrong information! "all axes of 75% quality will hit for the same damage."
    I'm glad that I got the truly information from the source.

PS. Here is the link to the revised review if someone interesting https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...mmended/297470