Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I appreciate the responses and look forward to the changes in combat.

We've talked heavily since this thread so most of the combat, ranged and other issues have been addressed elsewhere or to myself personally.

I am excited to see the shift in direction towards making combat something interactive and fun.

From what I can see most of the last test server updates where all really good.

The one and only thing I have to disagree with you is by saying that "The Free to Play system we had for a while was a counterproductive failure." with respect; having more players to play with matters more than any of the issues you've brought up as a reason to not have it.

Now I fully 100% understand this would not fly on pve, so I agree that pve should be kept as a "paid only" server. However; pvp needs the population boost more than pve does so having f2p on pvp would both help the population issue and give people the chance to "try the game" before deciding to buy.

Benefits of adding f2p to pvp greatly outweighs any negative imo;
    1)
    steam f2p would result in alot of new players playing this game who would otherwise not ever play, buy or even look at this game.
    2)
    Additional feedback and suggestions on combat features when put on test server if there was more population playing and wanting those features
    3)
    Additional twitch players would be streaming the game if there was population to play with (currently zero I can see) playing a game where you never see anyone else throughout the series is a real killer, these streams can't become popular is nothing is happening in the world due to nobody in it.
    4)
    "there are no NPC's in xsyon, players make their own adventure!" How if there isn't other players? You need to either release NPC's or find a way to get more players, f2p solves this by adding more players in order to interact with, this turns paid players into shop keepers and trade totems into high value resources to someone who is f2p since its the only way they could get high end equipment like premium shovels or 20 slot carts, trade would return to xsyon and generate a economy off the needs and wants of f2p players that could only be fulfilled by someone who is paid due to skill limits.
    5)
    More player interactions. This game is sorely missing player interactions, even if its a band of 3x f2p guys ganking a paid guy (under the correct combat conditions), that makes for good drama since now that guy will grind harder to get stronger, possibly even get a friend to come with them next time so its a 2v3 and maybe they win easily this time. It drives pvp players to become stronger to defend themselves verse someone or to revenge someone.... but if nobody ever attacks anyone and nobody has any grudges verse anyone and nobody is out hunting anyone else, than nobody really needs hps or stats or to grind for them, it kinda eliminates the whole point of pvp type combat games if nothing happens.
    6)
    Gain some respect back from the steam community that was heavily upset by the monthly fees involved with this game for the longest time; by making this f2p you should shut up all of those haters and gain extra population through people trying it and sharing to friends, but more importantly their friends being open to trying it cuz its f2p.

~Theres 6 good reasons off the top of my head why f2p would help solve issues on pvp server.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have their silly pve vanity server that is same as pvp but with less features, let them keep it as a paid only server for those who want to "opt out" of combat and want to build only, I can totally understand that. F2P would bother these people since they don't want any drama, griefing or combat, they want their trees left alone and nobody to totem drop their carts, they want guides to fix anything that causes them grief, thats what is expected, peace on the server.

But not everybody wants that.

In fact, nobody on pvp wants any of that, thats why there was such division to have two servers cuz you knew you couldn't just simply remove pvp combat from the entire game without upsetting a fair amount of people, so you made two servers intead of just forcing everybody into non-pvp.. again cuz you knew people wanted pvp and combat.

So again while I understand your trying to keep your pve people happy and I appreciate that, its seen generally as a bad move by most people on pvp since its "removed valuable player population and split up the synergy between crafters making good equipment and combat guys who dont make the good equipment". I understand your trying to do your best to make everybody happy, however; Those are the two biggest "core issues". With that being said; these two issues could be solved by adding f2p, since there would be additional players to play with, who would have to trade in lower grade raw materials in exchange for anything decent from a paid player, from a cart, to armor, to weapons, possibly even special tools like saws would all be highly valued by a f2p player and could only be gained from a paid player.

Again I get not wanting to put it on pve, and having it off pve could actually help generate more paid for those who want to "pay to get out of pvp" and just build vanity on pve. It would be clearly pushing people who want to play peace into paying for the game if they wana avoid pvp, while giving pvp more population and people the chance to play WITHOUT upsetting your valued pve population with f2p or pvp... Everybody is a winner here, I don't see the loss or down side.

Having the option to "import" your pvp guy onto pve would be pretty rad feature too, so that way if someone does pay to get out of pvp they can carry on with their guy on pve. Add a warning pop up window that says their tribe would no longer be there on pve, that its just the character transfering and it should be a semi smooth transition.
    Last edited by Static; 04-04-2020 at 05:23 PM.