Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    One other concern I have about this parry update is that since its agility+intel, most combat builds are going to want to avoid intel and focus on other stats that are useful for combat.

This gives you a really bad choice to make, do you invest into int for parry or dex for hunting creature harvests? You can start with all but 2 stats at 80, this means you need to pick two stats that are gona be 10 and thus useless. fort/str/agility/spirit/charm are your basic combat stats, this leaves you with enough for one last stat to 80, while dex is required for hunting harvests so you already want this high so it would make sense to use dex as the other combat stat, most games use dex for things like crit chance, attack speed and rouge stats so it would make more sense for parry to be dex than int.

Aside of parry, int has no combat value or reason for someone to invest into as a priority from a combat aspect, so forcing combat minded players to invest into it for parry is kinda counter productive imo.

Most combat people I've talked to in the past have said "dont use parry cuz it will reset your int from being least used stat, just face tank and hit them"

So I really think changing parry from agility primary+int 2ndary into dex primary +agility 2ndary would give dex stat more of a reason to exist in combat, since currently outside of hunting/harvests from creatures dex has no real combat value... while if it was tied to parry, than it would have combat value.

This makes more sense too since dex would mean your good with your hands, good eye hand coordination ect... while you could have all the intel in the world, but without the dex to be able to perform the action it won't matter if you know what your suppose to do or not.

The main reason why I say this is since with this new type of combat your FORCING people to use parry since you can no longer walk back and avoid/dodge hits, the only option is to face tank or parry.. so parry needs to be a more widely accessable skill, making it dex instead of int would do this so people could actually use it.
    Last edited by Static; 04-30-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    I see that you have altered the Name Order of the Foes/Friends Lists, it is now in alphabetical order rather then the order it was before.

Is there a reason for this other then Neatness?
    Yes, it was requested many times and on my list of small changes to make.

Ill explain why I liked the old order it was in.

Is there a chance we could keep the old order ? or maybe have the choice to show it alphabet order or date added order ?
    I can set it up both ways as part of an upcoming build that will include suggestions from players.

Thanks

ok i dont know what you are currently testing but I ran around in a circle inside my tribe area and I couldnt even outrun any animals and they all just hit me in the back while i was sprinting till i was dead. nice
    While this build was not ready for public testing as I am adjusting variables and timing, you should easily be able to outrun creatures by sprinting (not just running though). Were you using sprint or were just running away?

As for damage from creatures, yes it's been reduced but damage and all variables will be adjusted based on final public testing. Damage, especially for small creatures will be less than what's on the main servers now for sure.

Ranges should not be so big but we'll test that when the build is actually ready for testing. I will post a new thread for clean feedback when it is ready.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Like does it go creature hit > parry > hit recovery > start cooldown for next attack > next attack

Or does it go creature hit > parry > start cooldown for next attack > hit recovery > next attack
    The first order.

I was sprinting, though on grass and and about 30% encumberance, but that is om the

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    While this build was not ready for public testing as I am adjusting variables and timing, you should easily be able to outrun creatures by sprinting (not just running though). Were you using sprint or were just running away?

As for damage from creatures, yes it's been reduced but damage and all variables will be adjusted based on final public testing. Damage, especially for small creatures will be less than what's on the main servers now for sure.

Ranges should not be so big but we'll test that when the build is actually ready for testing. I will post a new thread for clean feedback when it is ready.

Thanks
    I was sprinting, though on grass and and about 30% encumbrance, but they all hit me in the back and i could not out run them, plus with the hit range of 8 meters