Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've restarted the Test Server with another small patch. Here are a few things to check:

1) Fortress gates (or any other gates). I adjusted collision further and all gates looked ok to me. If you can find a gate that can't e entered, please let me know and post the coordinates here.

2) Names. The weird 'adult pup' type of names were caused by me not resetting data that needed to be reset. I cleared this up. If any creatures still have inconsistent names, please let me know.

3) Backing up. I adjusted speeds a bit. If any of you can still back up walking and avoid being hit, please let me know the following info: your speed (now in the upper left corner), the creature type and the creature's speed (should show in the debug info when the creature is selected).

Setting up creatures so that you can't just walk back out of range but still use dodge side to side to avoid or reduce attacks is tricky as it's time and ping dependent so I'm trying to adjust the balance.

Sounds like so far the issues are minor. This patch is very close to finally going public!

Thanks!

1) All Fortress gates which I tested today were ok ... but found out that some tents make problems.

Parts of the tests were done on Founders Isle because I could not find enough tents/doors outside of it, but even on Founders Isle I could not find all available tents for testing purpose.
    If someone has more toons on PVP server, or an architecture toon able to craft all tents/gates, maybe he/she can do some tests with taller/smaller chars?? Checker_Maggas Height is 200 cm.

Gates / Tents which blocked me:
    Banaya Cloth Tent, I can neither go inside nor climb upon it (both possible on normal server)
    Bamati Seer Teepee, can no longer climb upon it
    Bamati Sheet Teepee, can no longer climb upon it
    Banaya Tarp Tent, I can neither go inside nor climb upon it
    Pioneer Log Gates block me completely

2) Animal names:
    Senior Greater Male Mule Deer Fawn
    Senior Veteran Male Mule Deer Fawn
    Adult Greater Male Mule Deer Fawn
    Adolescent Veteran Female Golden Retriever Pup (this name is longer than the field in which it is displayed)
    Adult Greater Male Raccoon Cub
    Adolescent Veteran Male Marmot Pup
    Elder Greater Male Douglas Squirrel Pup
    Senior Greater Female American Shorthair Kitten (this name is longer than the field in which it is displayed)

Attacking/moving through walls:
    zone 863, x510 z722, Senior Veteran Male Mule Deer Fawn (several of these mule deers went through the walls)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_4_46 Mule through wall.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	662

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_4_47 Mule through wall.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	663

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_10_46 Mule attacks through wall.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	664

Saw a revenant still climbing up a steep wall, much slower than on normal server, but still on a slope which is unclimbable for normal toons.

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_31_31 Revenant.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	667

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_31_21 Revenant.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	668
    Last edited by Wyry; 05-20-2020 at 03:54 AM. Reason: had links instead of pictures

Could you post a general location where you can see these animals with incorrect names?

About animals going through walls, are they able to completely go through walls or just stick their heads / bodies through like in the screenshot above?

The revs climbing a steep slope is intentional. Slopes aren't blocking creatures right now, just slowing them down. (Blocking them completely could end up causing them to be trapped in a lot of areas which was a problem we had originally)

Thanks!

I was not able to get into a Scrapper Smokehouse. Not that you can get very far into one.

There was a short stutter passing through mason heavy gates. Less than a second.

Saw a ringtailed squirrel go through my wall at 781:142:542. This is where the stream from my fishing hole goes under my wall so logically I guess he could have swam under the wall. He turned blue just before going through/under the wall.

Was killed by a bear while swimming away. Previously a high swimming skill was a sure escape. Do different sized animals have different swimming speeds now?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Could you post a general location where you can see these animals with incorrect names?

About animals going through walls, are they able to completely go through walls or just stick their heads / bodies through like in the screenshot above?

The revs climbing a steep slope is intentional. Slopes aren't blocking creatures right now, just slowing them down. (Blocking them completely could end up causing them to be trapped in a lot of areas which was a problem we had originally)

Thanks!
    Thank you for the information about the steep slopes, helps much for understanding.

The animals with the incorrect names were in zones 863, 861, 902, 979 (coordinates please see screenshots). Is it possible that my PC did not update the game files correctly although I use the normal Xsyon Launcher?

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_9_25_31 Senior greater kitten.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	674

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_9_22_45 Elder douglas squirrel pup.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	675

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_35_0 veteran marmot pup.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	676

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_33_50 adult raccoon cub.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	677

Name:	Screenshot_2020520_8_30_2 veteran retriever pup.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	678

The one animal that attacked (see the one of my three screenshot in the previous posts) seemed to only put his head out of the wall, when I went some steps away it did not follow me but attacked again when I got closer.

The animals going through walls were in zone 863 on a large tribe land, even some of the animals with incorrect names can be found there. They were not stuck in the wall but completely went through (I just was not quick enough using the screenshot button). The one of which I made 2 screenshots in my previous post ran out of the pen, then fully back inside without being stuck in the walls.

I have the impression that when they try to flee and run a bit along a wall, they are then suddenly on the other side of the wall. The screenshots in the pictures of my previous posts show the coordinates in the debug info. Could it be that the status "Run away" has some issue with the starting point of the run, not checking for collisions at this point or something like that?
    Last edited by Wyry; 05-20-2020 at 11:46 PM. Reason: replaced links by images

I restarted the Test Server with the another build. Here are some changes and comments:

1) Animal names. Let's check this one more time. ;-) I found some data that still needed to be updated. I think it should all be correct now.

2) Collision problems. I reverted my collision changes. Adjusting collision so that players can't pop their heads through walls in 1st person combat mode can't be easily solved right now. The rational solution (increasing the player's collision box) causes too many conflicts with architecture parts that were designed for the original collision box size.

3) Swimming speed. This hasn't changed. Are you 'sprinting' away while swimming? What is your speed (seen in the top left corner).

4) Creatures going through walls. What you described sounds like the creature went through the wall and back again. I saw this happen due to changes I made with how the creature rotates along a path. I've adjusted the rotation. Let me know if you still see this happening.

5) Creatures attacking through walls. I need to find a solution for this. Ideally creatures should lose interest in you if you are blocked by a wall. It's tricky at the moment when a creature already has you as a target. Anyways, I'll work on this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    I restarted the Test Server with the another build. Here are some changes and comments:

1) Animal names. Let's check this one more time. ;-) I found some data that still needed to be updated. I think it should all be correct now.

4) Creatures going through walls. What you described sounds like the creature went through the wall and back again. I saw this happen due to changes I made with how the creature rotates along a path. I've adjusted the rotation. Let me know if you still see this happening.

Thanks!

1) Animal names are logical now. Thanks for correction

4) Raccoon went in a bow through the wall, then back, but it was too quick so I could not make a screenshot. It was the same raccoon which attacked Voice_of_NaGut in one of the images included at the attack animation strange thing listed below.

Mule Deer / Raccoon / Douglas Squirrel: Attack Animation is missing, they attack while seemingly just standing and watching me BUT only when they attack Voice_of_NaGut! Normal animation with Checker_Magga! What could be the reason for this? Which infos do you need to reproduce it?

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_10_37_49 mule deer attacks NG.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	679

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_10_52_59 douglas squirrel attacks NG.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	976.1 KB 
ID:	680

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_12_18_36 raccoon attack NG head normal move.png 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	681

This Mule deer was stuck in boulder, reaction went from ignore - run away - attack - watch without the deer doing any of these reactions. Even when Checker_Magga attacked the deer, it made no difference.

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_11_14_15 mule deer in boulder-ignore.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	682

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_11_14_57 mule deer in boulder-runaway.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	683

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_11_15_10 mule deer in boulder-attack.png 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	684

Name:	Screenshot_2020521_11_15_58 mule deer in boulder-watch.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	685
    Last edited by Wyry; 05-21-2020 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added last sentence for clarification