Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    agree with DDT
    'Range on some mobs are pretty good some are too far. (Getting hit by 15m from a bear)' the range player can hit vs bears distance seems extreme.
    Also mobs are hit and miss when they want to attack, sometimes never sometimes have a little nap during fight.
    Also hit register sounds from player seem half time register half time mobs loses health but no sound.
    Similar to akaRothy post on steam video, but not when mob stuck n rock out in open

Sorry to barge in on this I have Feedback about Creatures buts it not about combat.

Since the new Patch Animals are getting through walls.

In my building, its been animal proof for 3 years until now with no changes except the patch

Ive heard reports from other players re animals getting through walls again.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    Sorry to barge in on this I have Feedback about Creatures buts it not about combat.
    No problem, this thread is for any creature feedback.

Since the new Patch Animals are getting through walls.
    Please give me a location and the type of wall / building part creature can go through. Some parts needed expanded blocking boxes.

You can also check on the Test Server as many parts that needed to be fixed have already been fixed there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    No problem, this thread is for any creature feedback.

Please give me a location and the type of wall / building part creature can go through. Some parts needed expanded blocking boxes.

You can also check on the Test Server as many parts that needed to be fixed have already been fixed there.

Thanks!
    Tribe - New Obsidian (both servers)

PVP

z622 x916.09 z901.42
    the mason door here, and the mason walls lowered into the ground
    jus around it (on the inside)

PVE

z622 x858.06 z923.46
    the diagonal sunken mason walls (both)
    a mutant marmit simply walked over them a few times.

Tribe - New Obsidian (both servers)
    PVP
    the mason door here, and the mason walls lowered into the ground
    jus around it (on the inside)

PVE
    the diagonal sunken mason walls (both)
    a mutant marmit simply walked over them a few times.
    For the Mason Door or PvP, do you mean the Scrapper Fortress Gate?

Regarding the sunken walls, I set up the code to deliberately ignore blocking from walls so far sunken into the ground. I could adjust that, but eventually I would unblock walls like that again as I improve path-finding through buildings.

In the old system, walls were basically infinite in height (which was not how I intended them to be, but that's how it ended up being coded for simplicity back then).

Thank you!

yes i meant the scrapper fortress gate

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    For the Mason Door or PvP, do you mean the Scrapper Fortress Gate?

Regarding the sunken walls, I set up the code to deliberately ignore blocking from walls so far sunken into the ground. I could adjust that, but eventually I would unblock walls like that again as I improve path-finding through buildings.

In the old system, walls were basically infinite in height (which was not how I intended them to be, but that's how it ended up being coded for simplicity back then).
    I think restoring old code only to bring it back to the way it is now isn't a great idea.

I think the only reason why this seems weird to a player is being so used to it being that way for the past decade, this change needs to happen and makes sense, something sunken into the ground should not prevent passing above ground, I agree with this change and don't think it should be reversed to have infinity height.
    Last edited by Static; 06-08-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Personally Ive always liked charged attacks and the multi targets.
    But not directional hits, that part is next to useless
    (my original post i forgot about that)

Players need to be made aware of the system, I dont know of a mechanic to do that.

Maybe Mouse Over ToolTips in the short term.

Like when you hover the mouse over the Combat SKills window (the list that shows pick shovel skill etc)
    Maybe have a tooltip appear with text that just Overviews how combat works, reminding players How to charge attacks.

Or when you enter Combat Mode have message BRIEFLY appear in the middle of the screen saying "Charged Attacks Available" or something.

And when you are holding a charged Attack wating to strike, have another screen message saying something like "Weapon Charged" But in Bigger letters then the usual msgs you get for say Cooking food.
    Last edited by chojinuk; 06-06-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Personally Ive always liked charged attacks, directional hits and the multi targets.

Players need to be made aware of the system, I dont know of a mechanic to do that.

Maybe Mouse Over ToolTips in the short term.

Like when you hover the mouse over the Combat SKills window (the list that shows pick shovel skill etc)
    Maybe have a tooltip appear with text that just Overviews how combat works, reminding players How to charge attacks.

Or when you enter Combat Mode have message BRIEFLY appear in the middle of the screen saying "Charged Attacks Available" or something.

And when you are holding a charged Attack wating to strike, have another screen message saying something like "Weapon Charged" But in Bigger letters then the usual msgs you get for say Cooking food.
    actually, maybe attach the Weapon Charged text directly just above the Green Swing Power bar that fills up when you are charging.
    When its Full, the display Weapon Charge right above that bar. (make the charge bar bigger)
    Last edited by chojinuk; 06-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

I agree that new players don't really have a mechanic to learn the combat system.

This brings me back to the suggestion of NPC's in the game to cover stuff like this, you could have someone duel a NPC as one of the quests like what happens in "kingdom come deliverance" in your home city before it gets raided/burned down there is a fenced off area where you duel the blade master who gives you the basics of combat.

Basically what he does is he allows you to attack him, only letting you pass to the next part if you correctly hit him with the right action that hes asking for.

With this you would request a player use's every directional hit, showing off the combat of the game early to new players, instead of sending them off to have their first combat experience be with a creature.

I really think founders isle should be a real city with npc's that show you how to do each craft/skill, not a baron dead town that people get lost in.