Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
I honestly don't have a strong opinion about it. I was ready to remove charged attacks entirely and simplify melee combat to match what is done in Rust and similar games.
I'm all for removing charged attacks, however, PVP attacking and Parry. Will be the only loss here (but not really due to ping) as the short attacking speed will not be able to be parried by skill. It will be just straight up luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
My overall goals are:

1) Make sure combat is simple, intuitive and easy enough for new players - so it should be close enough to standards set in other survival / sandbox games.

2) Add complexity for more active and seasoned players. This I am doing my best based entirely on feedback with things like Dodge, Parry and the current charged attacks.

What I don't want is the system to rely entirely on charged attacks as before.
I'm very excited to see all the work you have done so far with dodge and parry. I think the next real steps are special attacks, ranged combat, and group/team healing/buff options.
I'm not sure how hard any of those are to code, but I think you have the core to most of it.
Like healing, it can't be too hard to change the code from food (or skill) effecting another player as you bandage them. It's the same function as "Heath Gain %" food.
This would allow for better group teaming on harder mutants. Teams are a lot of fun which also create activity.