Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Guys, please save the special attack and future combat suggestions for another thread. I'm going to keep the charged attack at the moment. I'm open to further adjusting the speed and damage of it but based on the feedback it sounds to me like it's fine for now.

Note to Static: Is your feedback based on the current Test Server build? When you say:

This is why I keep saying power attack, slow swing, haymaker kinda descriptions, I think the swing speed should be reduced by 50% in exchange for the double damage at 150%.
    That's pretty much what the charged attack is on the Test Server right now. If I removed the loading bar (hypothetically) it would be exactly what you are saying, a slow special attack doing more damage.

For now though, I am going to adjust creature variables next and will post when the next build is ready.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Guys, please save the special attack and future combat suggestions for another thread. I'm going to keep the charged attack at the moment. I'm open to further adjusting the speed and damage of it but based on the feedback it sounds to me like it's fine for now.

Note to Static: Is your feedback based on the current Test Server build? When you say:

That's pretty much what the charged attack is on the Test Server right now. If I removed the loading bar (hypothetically) it would be exactly what you are saying, a slow special attack doing more damage.

For now though, I am going to adjust creature variables next and will post when the next build is ready.

Thanks!
    I think theres some confusion here.

Its not the loading time that needs to be slower, its the actual swing animation.

So after you release the attack, the time it takes to complete the attack should be slower for the larger power attacks so it takes longer to complete the attack, not load the charge bar.

After you release the attack, there is no difference between the speed of the swing, it looks like a regular fast attack "to me" AFTER you release the swing.

So when you do fastest no charge attack, the start to finish is the same as AFTER you've released a charged attack (after you'e already waited for the loading bar)

If you have already made the swing slower AFTER release of charged attack and it seems to be the same speed than maybe it should be half speed of a fast attack?

Yes I am currently logged into test server too.
    Last edited by Static; 06-08-2020 at 09:31 PM.

So I found a "legendary" rooster that I named fred.

Hes got 16hps. If hes legendary, or even adult, I feel this is way too low.

ddt thinks 50hps is too much for the lowest hp, however, this is max hps being multiple times lower than what a decent baseline would be.

Adult legendary cock should for sure have a few hps.

I think the rat, hamster and chicken should all be balanced the same as your "newbie creature trio"

Max them at 40hps (so its not 50 to keep ddt happy) fully grown with 5dmg fully grown, this makes younger ones quite a bit weaker, but with new combat this should be something everybody can kill.
    Last edited by Static; 06-08-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Do you have a full creature list? That would be helpful so we could figure out the tiers of what should be stronger than what, than we can attach character stats to what characters we think should be fighting each one of those creatures in that tier, than balance those creatures off who should be fighting them.

Found a ancient vetteren ringtail doe and its got 126hps (seems low for a "boss" but acceptable for a solo)

99.92 threat, he comes at me, however, does not attack.

I swung on him and when I noticed how much dmg I did I swiched to my 2ndary axe and tried that, still too much so I took my weapons off and started hitting him with fists.

I prob hit him 20 times and he never attacked me, hes sitting in front of me right now recovering cuz I'm typing this.

Attempted to back up, he follows me, hes obviously agro'd on me however not attacking.

Ran after a "ancient greater coyote" and since I was starving to death, it attacked me and killed me.

So agro seemed to work good on him, he was able to attack.

These names are rather confusing tho since ancient greater coyote makes me think this is a older near max level coyote, yet this one only had 149hps, 8.73 dmg to my front, 13.10 dmg to back as I tried to run away, so it feels more like a teenager or half way through its life of what I would expect a coyote to actually be.

A max coyote I feel is pretty balanced in that 200-260hp 20-25 dmg range, so if this is supposed to be a half life teen ager than coyotes seem balanced, but the names are confusing.

There seems to be some sort of glitch that prevents me from selecting what tribe to respawn at after I die as well, guess not super important but there was 2 options of spawn and I couldnt click on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

Thanks!

Question. I saw the increased damage on charged attacks. What is your view on how often this should be used, and it's strength compared to fast attacking?

Currently, I see this charged attack being used very little. Why? Because it's DPS is lower than fast attacking. I do see cases for when it would be used, that is first attack, and players doing swoop attacks. Swoop attacks are where they rush in, hit it and rush out. This is when others are the main threat but that threat is bouncing around.

My opinion is that this damage can be increased a bit more. If you want it to be more of an even option between fast attacking and charged attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    There seems to be some sort of glitch that prevents me from selecting what tribe to respawn at after I die as well, guess not super important but there was 2 options of spawn and I couldnt click on either.
    Same issue. I can not select which tribe to spawn at and I have to just wait for the timer. Can't even pick home.

Tested today with a character that has basically starter combat skills.

With a running skill of 36 could not dodge most attacks so the easy spin around a critter seems mostly based on running skill rather than dodge skill. All characters started at 5 dodge but others had 60-100 running.

Fought a cat and 2 dogs in water. They did not hit back in the water, but did attach successfully after backing out of the water.

Was able to leave combat with a pit bull and run up a ramp. Did get hit a couple times then a couple misses in disengaging. The 1st time the dog camped the bottom of the ramp and the 2nd time it ran off. Guess this is part of the random response.

I like the new buttons for quarteriing dead critters. This would be a nice addition to the interface for interacting with other objects like bins and gates.

Fought an 0.8 power chicken. Almost one hit it. Saw some rookie small critters with 2 and 3 hp. I feel that the hp of small critters be boosted, probably back to about 75% of their old level. With damage in the 1-2 range, they are not a great danger to even a 40 hp new character. By taking more swings it would give a greater skill gain for new players.