Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Ok, how about if I reduce base weapon damage a bit (so that newbies can take 2-4 hits for example instead of 1-3)? Then I can increase the charged attack power to 150% or so and I will increase the time to charge the attack as suggested. I think 180% is still too much of a difference.

Then I can balance creatures based on on those attack values.

Also are there any survival / sandbox games that I could check out that have charged attacks? I took a look at a few games last night but seemed like combat was just click, click, click, no charge, special attacks or defensive moves at all. (unless I was missing something). Honestly I think Xsyon's combat system is better than the games I took at look at. I couldn't tell how much damage I was doing or how strong my opponent was. Kind of frustrating to see when those games are hugely popular and Xsyon is not. lol
    sounds good

Sorry to barge in on this I have Feedback about Creatures buts it not about combat.

Since the new Patch Animals are getting through walls.

In my building, its been animal proof for 3 years until now with no changes except the patch

Ive heard reports from other players re animals getting through walls again.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    Sorry to barge in on this I have Feedback about Creatures buts it not about combat.
    No problem, this thread is for any creature feedback.

Since the new Patch Animals are getting through walls.
    Please give me a location and the type of wall / building part creature can go through. Some parts needed expanded blocking boxes.

You can also check on the Test Server as many parts that needed to be fixed have already been fixed there.

Thanks!

Personally Ive always liked charged attacks and the multi targets.
    But not directional hits, that part is next to useless
    (my original post i forgot about that)

Players need to be made aware of the system, I dont know of a mechanic to do that.

Maybe Mouse Over ToolTips in the short term.

Like when you hover the mouse over the Combat SKills window (the list that shows pick shovel skill etc)
    Maybe have a tooltip appear with text that just Overviews how combat works, reminding players How to charge attacks.

Or when you enter Combat Mode have message BRIEFLY appear in the middle of the screen saying "Charged Attacks Available" or something.

And when you are holding a charged Attack wating to strike, have another screen message saying something like "Weapon Charged" But in Bigger letters then the usual msgs you get for say Cooking food.
    Last edited by chojinuk; 06-06-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    No problem, this thread is for any creature feedback.

Please give me a location and the type of wall / building part creature can go through. Some parts needed expanded blocking boxes.

You can also check on the Test Server as many parts that needed to be fixed have already been fixed there.

Thanks!
    Tribe - New Obsidian (both servers)

PVP

z622 x916.09 z901.42
    the mason door here, and the mason walls lowered into the ground
    jus around it (on the inside)

PVE

z622 x858.06 z923.46
    the diagonal sunken mason walls (both)
    a mutant marmit simply walked over them a few times.

Personally Ive always liked charged attacks, directional hits and the multi targets.

Players need to be made aware of the system, I dont know of a mechanic to do that.

Maybe Mouse Over ToolTips in the short term.

Like when you hover the mouse over the Combat SKills window (the list that shows pick shovel skill etc)
    Maybe have a tooltip appear with text that just Overviews how combat works, reminding players How to charge attacks.

Or when you enter Combat Mode have message BRIEFLY appear in the middle of the screen saying "Charged Attacks Available" or something.

And when you are holding a charged Attack wating to strike, have another screen message saying something like "Weapon Charged" But in Bigger letters then the usual msgs you get for say Cooking food.
    actually, maybe attach the Weapon Charged text directly just above the Green Swing Power bar that fills up when you are charging.
    When its Full, the display Weapon Charge right above that bar. (make the charge bar bigger)
    Last edited by chojinuk; 06-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Tribe - New Obsidian (both servers)
    PVP
    the mason door here, and the mason walls lowered into the ground
    jus around it (on the inside)

PVE
    the diagonal sunken mason walls (both)
    a mutant marmit simply walked over them a few times.
    For the Mason Door or PvP, do you mean the Scrapper Fortress Gate?

Regarding the sunken walls, I set up the code to deliberately ignore blocking from walls so far sunken into the ground. I could adjust that, but eventually I would unblock walls like that again as I improve path-finding through buildings.

In the old system, walls were basically infinite in height (which was not how I intended them to be, but that's how it ended up being coded for simplicity back then).

Thank you!

yes i meant the scrapper fortress gate

Xsyon Citizen
    Crossing Sector Boundary, the amount of lag being generated crossing the boundary seems to vary, some can freeze the game for a couple of seconds, while others barely register. I'm wondering if this is related to a bottleneck I found back when you first started testing taming, going near any tribe with a large number of animals would initially lag like crazy. Then your ping would return to normal, but none of the animals were there, and you couldn't interact with anything, even took twenty minutes to have a chat with Michael as the system was struggling that bad. The bottleneck then was the client was writing everything into the client log, now running in windowed mode and opening the client log eased the bottleneck, but you had to do that several times to clear it completely, only then would all of the animals show up, and you could finally interact with objects.

Swimming animals can't attack you, spent several minutes toying with a shadow bear in the lake, they need to be lured back to land before they will attack.

Some animals appear to be missing their attack animation, that shadow bear just stood there looking at me, while I was taking damage from it.

Encountered quite a few animals that just stood in the one spot, they go through their idle animations but don't move from that spot. Those that are likely to agro will go after you when you get too close, the rest wont even move when you hit them, if you ignore them then they will still be in that spot when you pass that area several hours later.

Animals ignoring you when on buildings is a seriously bad idea, you've just made animal material farming much safer. You can attack them through a wall without having to worry about them attacking you back, same goes for floors. Build a big cage, floor the entire thing, lure a pile of animals into the cage, and calmly wander around inside the cage killing the animals, not one of them will fight back.

Thanks to those "glitched" Super Revs I haven't backed up while rev bashing for a couple of years, they are just too fast for it to work, so I've been going sideways and looping around them. Using that same method on animals now means the animals will run around in a large loop trying to attack me, going to get dizzy doing this for too long, but it means I can kill them without them doing much damage to me.

Swimming animals attack you less, but they sure can attack you.