Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
Tested today with a character that has basically starter combat skills.

With a running skill of 36 could not dodge most attacks so the easy spin around a critter seems mostly based on running skill rather than dodge skill. All characters started at 5 dodge but others had 60-100 running.

Fought a cat and 2 dogs in water. They did not hit back in the water, but did attach successfully after backing out of the water.

Was able to leave combat with a pit bull and run up a ramp. Did get hit a couple times then a couple misses in disengaging. The 1st time the dog camped the bottom of the ramp and the 2nd time it ran off. Guess this is part of the random response.

I like the new buttons for quarteriing dead critters. This would be a nice addition to the interface for interacting with other objects like bins and gates.

Fought an 0.8 power chicken. Almost one hit it. Saw some rookie small critters with 2 and 3 hp. I feel that the hp of small critters be boosted, probably back to about 75% of their old level. With damage in the 1-2 range, they are not a great danger to even a 40 hp new character. By taking more swings it would give a greater skill gain for new players.
Yes I agree, things are much too easy to kill, something in the 30-50 range for most of the low end critters would mean people have something to practice combat on while being a low end newbie.

1-5 dmg seems fine too, you want them to be low dmg but being able to take a couple hits.

I think "everything" is "way" too easy to kill now.... while its nice to see small creatures/baby creatures, them having 2-5hp and being 1hit defeats the whole point of combat, to fight something, by making it just a 1hitable resource.

Its no longer combat at that point, its just a moving loot box that all you gotta do is walk up and 1hit... it feels bad.

Even being able to 3 hit deer or coyotes feels bad. If you want them to be easier than they used to be, you can reduce the damage ratios of them while keeping the health and armor ratios up.