Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

06/11/2020 - Feedback Request - Pets - Test Server

Pets and Stables are ready for final testing on the Test Server!

We've tested a lot of this before but recent changes to the AI and path-finding functions may have affected pets and I've made some further adjustments.

To tame animals, select a creature and hit the small Pet Action icon to the right of its name. This will show the Feed and Tame actions.

To build stables, players with architecture of 50 or above should have Gadu Stables in their list.

In general, please report anything that seems like a bug. Suggestion for further improvements are welcome also but as I plan for this patch to come out before the end of the month, I will not be making any complex changes to the system right now. I will be fixing any found issues and I have a short list of tasks to finalize this patch.

Note: Groom and Fetch are meant to be minor, fun actions but as I have to make animations for these, they won't be part of this part. I will likely remove the buttons for the patch and have improvements like this later.

Note: The pet Attack action is not finished. It's currently disabled but I will be finishing it either for this patch or a few weeks later in the next patch. (This depends on how testing goes and how quickly I can deal with minor bugs, issues and suggestions being made).

Note: Stables will be set up to accept food items (like a commissary). This will automatically feed any stabled pets and will come in a separate patch.

Enjoy!

Done some fast testing.

1)How do you release a pet?
    2)Is there a limit to the number of tames?
    3)Can you give us skill and stats for feeding a tame?
    4)I noticed once I tamed a pet. The like dislike went away. Is this intended?
    5)Animals will say "Love" but still keep attacking you.
    6)Unable to move around the taming bars at the bottom.

1) From the Pets Panel, the dog head icon that is with the other icons for skills, stats etc. (There you also have the option to rename your pets and manage your stables)

Would it be desirable to have it also in the pet action icons? To me it makes more sense in the Pets Panel as it's a management action that will be done on occasion, like renaming.

2) If you mean the number of time you attempt to tame a creature, no. Just the time limit.

If you mean a limit on the number of pets, yes, based on taming skill. I'm not sure if I should list this on the Pets Panel, Stables Panel or both locations. The current max is 10 at 100 skill.

3) The Feed action is based entirely on the food you give the animal. (Taming uses animal taming + charm + spirit).

4) It should still be there. It closes, but you can click the horse head icon again next to the title bar and it should be there along with the Feed button.

5) Yeah, I need to adjust reactions for creatures that are more than 'indifferent' towards players. That's on my task list.

6) Yup, it's current a fixed panel. I could add a handle to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    1) From the Pets Panel, the dog head icon that is with the other icons for skills, stats etc. (There you also have the option to rename your pets and manage your stables)

Would it be desirable to have it also in the pet action icons? To me it makes more sense in the Pets Panel as it's a management action that will be done on occasion, like renaming.

2) If you mean the number of time you attempt to tame a creature, no. Just the time limit.

If you mean a limit on the number of pets, yes, based on taming skill. I'm not sure if I should list this on the Pets Panel, Stables Panel or both locations. The current max is 10 at 100 skill.

3) The Feed action is based entirely on the food you give the animal. (Taming uses animal taming + charm + spirit).

4) It should still be there. It closes, but you can click the horse head icon again next to the title bar and it should be there along with the Feed button.

5) Yeah, I need to adjust reactions for creatures that are more than 'indifferent' towards players. That's on my task list.

6) Yup, it's current a fixed panel. I could add a handle to it.

1)
    https://imgur.com/a/WO4kI4d
    Here is a picture of what I got for the dog/horse head of a tamed animal.

2)Thanks, I was asking for the limit one could have already tamed. I'm not sure where to list it. Maybe next to the skill (0/10) or (10/10)

3)When I feed I get no skill. I think it should give skill.

4)I do not see this. Check image of in #1 of a tamed chicken.

5)Thanks cool.

6)Also I think having it as a skill in the "actions" (u hotkey) where you can pull it up also. With an X so you can close it. Like terraforming or farming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020612_7_55_8.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	706

1) I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the Pet Panel icon and open Pet Panel.

2) I'll set up the pet limit probably in both the Pet Panel and any Stables Panel

3) I added skill gain to the feed action, though the action is simple and does not use your skill. I've added skill gain only when feeding an animal a proper food it likes and if the creature's attitude isn't maxed out.

4) In your screenshot, the green bar is there under the Feed button at the top of the screen. Or do you mean something else?

5) I added a little handle in the Pet Control icons. It's between the Attack and Feed icons.

6) I'll add a hotkey for those icons when I patch interface changes as I will remove the Actions Panel and can use the hotkey binding slot for Actions for the Pet Controls.

https://imgur.com/a/wGw4qYD

1) Got it thanks. I keep my inventory open on that, likely didnt see it.
    2) Roger that.
    3) I think this is best because you would get very few actions if it was only on the tame.
    4) Link of screen shot above. No idea what happened to it before. I can't get it pulled up for anything now. No longer see the "like/dislike" bar at all.
    5) I got it, is kinda hard to see but works.
    6) Ok great, this helps

For more info.
    It looks like you can have 1 active pet.
    You have to stable a pet to tame another pet.

Today I tried to tame a pet and it took 32 attempts before I managed to have success.

I tried with a rookie revenant and when I clicked on the horse head icon, I got the indifferent bar but not the buttons. If revs are not tameable, the indifferent bar is a bit irritating. If revs can be tamed, the buttons are missing. Please see screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot_2020614_12_21_15 indifferent bar no buttons revenants.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	707

Maybe this problem is caused by the mountains and slopes, but in the screenshot you can see that the animal is in front of me, but the hp bar and further info is on my left.

Name:	Screenshot_2020614_13_7_26 hp bar not at the animal.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	708

When hunting for meat which I can use for taming I started gathering the meat, then went a bit away, realized that I still had the buttons for gathering the remaining parts of the animal, and was able to gather the parts from far away. Is this a bug or intended for better testing? Please see screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot_2020614_13_27_36 dead animal gathering distance.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	709

This also brought me to rethink the taming distance for an animal, as soon as I can see its hp and values I also see and can use the taming. Will this stay as is (my preference) or do we have to go closer to the animals in future?

I could not test the stables because my architecture skill on PVP is 5.00 only. Can I use stables which the tribe leader builds? Or do I have to build them myself to be able to put my tamed animal in it?

Having issues with taming on Test.
    I went to tame a dog. I do not get the taming icon next to it. I also do not see the like/dislike bar.

Name:	Xsyon Taming.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	710