Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Donkey Crew is a newly established game studio based in the historic city of Wroclaw, Poland. The first donkeys came from small beginnings, originating as a team of diehard modders from the Mount and Blade community. They've since come together from all over the world to make original games that they want to play. Donkey Crew continues to grow, welcoming talented and self-aspiring people to join their tight-knit team.

Donkey Crew is currently developing the first Nomadic Survival MMO: Last Oasis.
    This is taken directly from their website.
    https://www.donkey.team

Its their first and only game, like you with xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Focus on the topic not the person. Thanks.

I play everyday. Helping players, helping newbs and giving advise, I'm out here.
    Bullshit. I stay logged in 24/7 and I've seen you once on global a few days ago when sark was on, aside of that, I've NEVER seen you speak in global or respond to folks needing help or anything, you are NOT out here, you've quit and abandoned the game a long time ago.. yet your back to continue to derail the game? I wish you stayed quit tbh, we could've been beyond this and moved to the next thing by now, your slowing down development.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Bullshit. I stay logged in 24/7 and I've seen you once on global a few days ago when sark was on, aside of that, I've NEVER seen you speak in global or respond to folks needing help or anything, you are NOT out here, you've quit and abandoned the game a long time ago.. yet your back to continue to derail the game? I wish you stayed quit tbh, we could've been beyond this and moved to the next thing by now, your slowing down development.

Please stop attacking me. I don't know what more you want me to do to prove to you. I put a screenshot in of steam of my hours played in the last 2 weeks.

I've not attacked you once.

I'm focusing on the topic until you clearly just get out of hand like this.

I disagree with you, I believe something you do not. It's done. You have an opinion, I respect you believe that's what's best. I have a different opinion based on my experience with Xsyon and many other PVP games, MMOs, Sandboxes etc.
    Also my limited experience that there will be issues with ping in this type of game. So anyone in EU, or AU, or Asia will have major issues. Which is why there would be many servers for games like this.

based on your exp with xsyon... by ruining the game?

I don't know a single person with anything good to say about you or "what you've done for the game" aside of babycakes.

How many people have quit due to you? And you have the balls to speak up now as if you've been a great part of the community instead of a reason people quit?

Dude your level of entitleness is insane, just cuz you've been playing xsyon for a while doesn't make you a expert in combat games.

I've actually worked on games before, this is honestly maddening to watch someone with zero experience like you try to claim to fame over the fact you've been doing everything in your power to push people out of this game.

Someone so uneducated that they think a FPS is the same thing as multi directional twitch melee combat, I don't get why you are even here derailing the post if you have no idea what is going on.

? what are you talking about ?
    Both life is feudal and last oasis where made by smaller studios on limited budgets
    The team behind Last Oasis has at least 30 developers and the budget to hire at least 10 more. They started off with creators with combat modding experience and use the Unreal Engine which is a huge boost for development. (I wish I had that available when I started Xsyon.)

The team behind Life Is Feudal has at least 90 developers.

Please explain to me how those teams are smaller studios that one person, me.

I am absolutely certain that they are operating on a much larger budget than I am. It would cost me a bare minimum of 1 million per year to maintain a team of 30 developers and this would have to be a remote team without US developers.

I am not saying we can't have decent combat. I am saying to have realistic expectations.

Again I will address the actual suggestions that I can decipher from these rants in another post.

I'm boarderline ready to quit the game.

ddt has made it clear hes only here to harass me and as long as I make suggestions he disagrees with hes going to try his hardest to speak verse me.

He than harassed me in global chat while I asked him to leave me alone.

This is not fun to me.

DDT can have the game, if your really so confused between my legitimate suggestions and this troll ddt than I'm done fighting trying to solve your game.... Try it, try his suggestion and than when it makes the game worse and nothing better happens you can say "damn static was right", but I don't be here to say "I told you so" cuz this is not worth the bullshit to me.

I was legitimately trying to help but if one player who doesn't even play anymore can derail everything I'm saying to the point where it doesn't matter, than why should I try so hard to fix your game when you don't seem to want to fix it yourself.

DDT has made it clear he won't leave me alone in game or on forums and its his lifes goal to make sure that anything I say that he disagrees with is pointed out repeatedly.

I feel like nothing will progress in this game for as long as he is doing this.

I feel like nothing will progress in this game unless I step away and stop offering good suggestions, to let him ruin the game with his bad suggestions so you can actually learn the lesson for yourself instead of avoiding needing to learn it by actually addressing the cores issues.

If you just want to slap a patch on a problem, listen to dtt.

If you want to solve the core problem, listen to me.

I'm done arguing about this, do what you want and I'll stay or quit depending on what you do.
    Last edited by Static; 06-13-2020 at 04:18 PM.

I normally log in 24/7 but ddt wouldn't leave me alone and stop trolling me, so I logged off so he could talk to himself.

I don't play xsyon to be harassed by ddt.

I play xsyon cuz its supposed to be fun.

I'm trying to make combat fun.

Why wouldn't you want to make combat fun? I don't understand the logic behind slapping a patch of "combat skills" ontop of non fun combat is going to suddenly make it more fun without addressing the core issues that make it unfun, but aparently you both have more experience with combat than I do being trained in multiple martial arts and playing very complex combat games you guys have never touched, LOL

The team behind Last Oasis has at least 30 developers and the budget to hire at least 10 more. They started off with creators with combat modding experience and use the Unreal Engine which is a huge boost for development. (I wish I had that available when I started Xsyon.)

The team behind Life Is Feudal has at least 90 developers.

Please explain to me how those teams are smaller studios that one person, me.

I am absolutely certain that they are operating on a much larger budget than I am. It would cost me a bare minimum of 1 million per year to maintain a team of 30 developers and this would have to be a remote team without US developers.

I am not saying we can't have decent combat. I am saying to have realistic expectations.

Again I will address the actual suggestions that I can decipher from these rants in another post.
    You said multi-million dollar studios.

This started with a small group of modders.

Yes they CAN hire people to MOVE FASTER, but the CORE GAME CONCEPT was created by a small handful of people. Again, yes they are hiring people to make coding faster, but what does that matter atm when you already have 90% of the game finished? You don't need a army of 30 coders to make this game cuz its already made, this is again a strawman, your not making a game from scratch, you don't need 30-90 coders to deal with SMALL FEATURES like this.

I'm working on VR games that are so far beyond this that it would make your head spin.

So I'm saying this as a "matter of fact" that you could easily have the same combat as last oasis by simply tweaking speed values of animation AND changing creature combat.

One of the solutions that seems EXTREMELY EASY to put into the game to me would be that if a creature if swing'n from the left arm with a normal attack like a bear, than you could mirror the animation so that you also got a swing from the right with the same animation by reversing it.

This way you'd have at least a left swipe and a right swipe. You could than add a lunge and some side movements or circling or attempted dodge of attacks and the creature would feel WAY MORE alive than it is now.

These are all things you can do without needing a million dollars or 30 people to code it, so forgive me when I keep saying you don't need either.

ddt has made it clear hes only here to harass me and as long as I make suggestions he disagrees with hes going to try his hardest to speak verse me.

He than harassed me in global chat while I asked him to leave me alone.

This is not fun to me.
    Sorry, but I have to laugh at this. Welcome to the world of PvP conflict.

Do you not realize that with as few players as we have right not you have also been reported many times for harassing people?

You and other PvP players have asked that I don't have Guides or mediators and let players sort out their conflicts on their own, yet so many come crying to me when you become 'the harassed' instead of 'the harasser'.

So duke it out in game or wherever, kill each other in PvP, just keep it off here and I'm not going to babysit War Server chat. lol

This way you'd have at least a left swipe and a right swipe.
    Both creatures and players have a left and right swipe attack that can be parried by a left or right parry. In addition players have up and down attacks, again that can be parried by up and down parries.

What you are suggesting as 'easy' is ALREADY IN THE GAME.

This was not easy to implement, but due to the synchronization, implementation, or whatever other reason, you don't even notice that it's in the game.

So, as I was saying, I am doing my best. This is why I don't want anyone to have unreasonable expectations on combat.

Enough with the arguing and insults. You are mostly arguing with yourself as nobody is suggesting most of what you are fighting against. I am primarily asking questions about other combat systems and seek opinions from more than just two players.

Actual suggestions so far:

1) Parry releasing when absorbing a hit.

- I will set this up and let you all know when it's ready for testing.

2) Creatures attack left and right.

- They already do this. I don't know what else to say about it. Are animations too fast to understand what's going on? Or is the synch still too delayed to respond to these directional attacks?

- Players also already have directional attacks and parrys

3) Creatures have special attacks

- I already set up a special noticeably slower attack that does double damage for bears. It was on the Test Server for several weeks, maybe a month and I even stated that players can set up a time with Guides if they want to test this. As I received no feedback on it I turned it off.

- I will turn it on again to see if that is something players want or not. I will let you all know when it's turned on.

4) Special attacks (stun, damage over time) from hot keys / action bar.

- Despite the resistance from Static, I am fine with setting this up and seeing what other players think. I will not turn combat into WoW combat. It would simply add some flavor to the current system which will remain primarily twitch combat.

5) Replacing the charged / swing power attack with the suggested 'power attack.

- I can try this out though I'm doubtful of the outcome. Ultimately, as requested, it will be a simplified version of the current the current charged attack that is slower, does less damage and will be harder to notice when triggered.

6) Creatures can block or parry

- I'll put this on my list but not as a priority. It would be a very time consuming feature for me to implement. (It would take me more time than finishing ranged combat for example).

Am I missing any other actual specific suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

2) Creatures attack left and right.

- They already do this. I don't know what else to say about it. Are animations too fast to understand what's going on? Or is the synch still too delayed to respond to these directional attacks?

3) Creatures have special attacks

- I already set up a special noticeably slower attack that does double damage for bears. It was on the Test Server for several weeks, maybe a month and I even stated that players can set up a time with Guides if they want to test this. As I received no feedback on it I turned it off.

- I will turn it on again to see if that is something players want or not. I will let you all know when it's turned on.

5) Replacing the charged / swing power attack with the suggested 'power attack.

- I can try this out though I'm doubtful of the outcome. Ultimately, as requested, it will be a simplified version of the current the current charged attack that is slower, does less damage and will be harder to notice when triggered.

2)So I was testing this on Test server with 100 parry, and it was not giving me 100% parry even though I was picking the correct direction to parry.
    I will do more testing, I did it only for about 6 or so attacks.

3)I never saw special attack them do this, so I can't say. Maybe this was before I came back a few weeks ago.

5) I think this is a major change. Unless power attacks are stronger DPS (which currently at 150% they are not), I wouldnt see much use in it. I do think that the best way to balance this is either put it on a cooldown with higher stamina use but also much higher damage (200% or something), or as Static suggested, make it a special move by doing a slower attack animation, using more stamina, but doing 200% damage.
    If you don't add the extra stamina use, then you need to find the balance of DPS slow attack vs DPS long attack.