Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My biggest issue with combat atm is that holding parry up for infinity time still gives the hit recovery every time to enemy creatures.

This does not feel right.

I feel that if you hold it up for longer than 2 sec it shouldn't give the hit recovery action anymore and should instead be blocking, since your holding it up to block.

I understand it would cost money to pay for graphics ect to add shields for proper blocking, but weapon blocking is still a thing so we could have the blocking feature supported from weapons without shields and possibly add shields later if theres budget for it.

A 2nd idea may be to automatically release parry after the attack hits the parry ~ this may be the best solution since if you suscessfully parry and it auto releases your parry, than you wouldn't be able to hold it beyond that for a 2nd block/parry... This sounds like the best option to me.
    Last edited by Static; 06-11-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    My biggest issue with combat atm is that holding parry up for infinity time still gives the hit recovery every time to enemy creatures.

This does not feel right.

I feel that if you hold it up for longer than 2 sec it shouldn't give the hit recovery action anymore and should instead be blocking, since your holding it up to block.

I understand it would cost money to pay for graphics ect to add shields for proper blocking, but weapon blocking is still a thing so we could have the blocking feature supported from weapons without shields and possibly add shields later if theres budget for it.

A 2nd idea may be to automatically release parry after the attack hits the parry ~ this may be the best solution since if you suscessfully parry and it auto releases your parry, than you wouldn't be able to hold it beyond that for a 2nd block/parry... This sounds like the best option to me.
    I agree with all this.

You don't even need to add a skill (blocking) to the game. Just simply let the parry drop after being hit. You can put it right back up again if you want. I also think there should be a timeout on how long you can hold it up. (4s or so) or at least make it cost stamina.

Twitch based combat BTW is not new or innovative. Its been done for a long time. They call them FPS. Or games like Fortnight.
    What are you smoking?

FPS is first person shooters.

First person shooters are not multidirectional melee twitch combat, I'm talking about all the different directions of combat instead of just being the same swing from the same direction, we have over half a dozen different swings, angles, how you can hit someone.

Reminds me of kingdom come deliverance.. great combat game... but you don't play combat games... why you commenting here again if the only experience you have with online games is wow style combat? What experience do you bring to the table here when you haven't played anything or worked on any games? I'm legitimately trying to help with real experience here, you can't even follow the terms I'm using from the industry.