Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76
  1. #51
    I'm still not sure why you think that WOW style special skills are not fun. I can see how you can think they are less skillful as you do not need to react in a split second, but I still think they are fun.
    I guess its my job to explain to you the value of combat games now cuz you don't play combat games so you can't see the value in games you don't play?

    1) it removes skill from the game

    2) it turns combat into skill spam

    3) it turns combat into less intense combat by making players want to remove themselves from combat to wait for their cooldowns to refresh

    4) players who are waiting for cooldowns are not focusing on combat, but rather, focusing on when they can skill spam again

    I have been extremely clear my reasons why people dislike this game, as in, massive amounts of people not just me think this is a old and outdated form of gameplay.

    I know I've said this before, but why not repeat myself for your benefit; when elder scrolls online was found to be a WoW style skill spamming game instead of a LIVE action game like skyrim or last oasis, half the player base freaked out and boycotted the game.

    Do you think xsyon has enough population to get boycotted by half of all gaming population? I don't.

    Do you think the WoW skill spam system is so popular that people will start playing this game purely due to the addition of it? I don't.

    So what is honestly the point than aside of making you happy?

  2. #52
    Special powers are more interactive for everyone and as Xsyon is not based on PVP, I think more fun.
    I think everybody on pvp server disagrees with you, I think 90% of the people who have quit pvp disagree with you, I think 90% of the people who quit when the game split pvp and pve would disagree with you.

    The game has barely anyone playing, trying to tell me that "xsyon is not based on pvp" as if its a good stance is the reason why so many people have given up on this game, if the stance going forward is "xsyon is not a pvp game" than SHUT DOWN THE BLOODY PVP SERVER and make it CLEAR TO EVERYBODY what the focus is; vanity building, not a survival.

    To try and tell me, your going to make brand new survival game with ZERO focus on combat, I would have to laugh and say come up with a new idea, so why turn xsyon into that?

    Why is last oasis the hottest game going right now for survival melee combat? Why isn't xsyon? What are the differences? What can we learn from last oasis to make xsyon better?

    If we look at a game from 16 years ago and turn xsyon into a WoW clone I think that would be a huge mistake.

    If we look at a game released this year and turn xsyon into something that takes the parts people enjoy in that game and adds it to xsyon to make it better, than people from THOSE GAMES and people who enjoy THOSE GAMES will play THIS GAME.

    Seems really obvious to me, but than again, I play combat games and enjoy combat games so I'm looking at this from a different direction than you two when I know for a FACT its widely accepted that WoW has some of the worst, most outdated combat out there today.. yet you both think 16 year old combat is somehow better? Thats despressing.
    Last edited by Static; 06-13-2020 at 03:37 PM.

  3. #53
    Okay so I've brought up last oasis... but what about Life is Feudal? Again this is a combat system way more complex than rust so I donno why rust is both of your "go to" game to compare xsyon to when theres no melee combat in rust, its all gun combat.

    WoW is NOT a survival game, its NOT a sandbox game, its not new or innovative, its 16 year old combat, why are we trying to copy this?

    Why not try and take the things people liked, like Life is Feudal or last oasis (actual sandbox and survival with melee combat focus like xsyon) instead of rust or WoW that is a first person shooter and a skill spam, nether of them are anywhere near what xsyon is or even trying to be, so why try to be them when its a completely different genre of game, while ignoring the ones that ARE the same genre of game like Life is Feudal or last oasis?

  4. #54
    As I stated in my original post

    Note: Please keep suggestions as concise as possible and the arguments to a minimum. It's taking me a long time to go through these threads (and suggestions) to pick out the actual suggestions.

    The constant arguing does not help and it discourages other players from joining in and providing feedback.

    I will also reiterate again: I will do my best to improve combat but I am not a combat programmer and my resources are very limited.

    I will not pretend that I have the ability or resources to create a combat system to rival new combat focused games with multi-million dollar budgets.

    Again, I will do my best but I do not want you guys to have unrealistic expectations.

    I will next post to respond to specific suggestions so far. I will also be waiting for feedback from other players.

    Thanks

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I guess its my job to explain to you the value of combat games now cuz you don't play combat games so you can't see the value in games you don't play?

    1) it removes skill from the game

    2) it turns combat into skill spam

    3) it turns combat into less intense combat by making players want to remove themselves from combat to wait for their cooldowns to refresh

    4) players who are waiting for cooldowns are not focusing on combat, but rather, focusing on when they can skill spam again

    I have been extremely clear my reasons why people dislike this game, as in, massive amounts of people not just me think this is a old and outdated form of gameplay.

    I know I've said this before, but why not repeat myself for your benefit; when elder scrolls online was found to be a WoW style skill spamming game instead of a LIVE action game like skyrim or last oasis, half the player base freaked out and boycotted the game.

    Do you think xsyon has enough population to get boycotted by half of all gaming population? I don't.

    Do you think the WoW skill spam system is so popular that people will start playing this game purely due to the addition of it? I don't.

    So what is honestly the point than aside of making you happy?
    I do play combat games.
    I still disagree with you.
    1)You can have skill with hotkeys powers. To say Hotkey'd skills/powers remove all skill is not true. Many games prove this is not true.
    2)Spam is relative. Saying that hotkey'd skills/powers mean it can't be nothing but spamming one key or hitting on cooldown all your powers is not true.
    3)Cooldown's that take few seconds to return, does not mean people will "leave combat" Yes if you had a superpower that takes a min+ I'm sure that can happen, so don't make that happen.
    4)You can focus on combat and cooldowns. Skillful play is using all tools. You can say the samething that people are focused on which direction the attack is coming from an not other factors makes boring combat all. Personally, I think mount and blade combat is boring. This does not mean I'm not good at it, just means I find it boring.

    You have been clear in your reasons. You have to assume that we agree with your reasons, and I do not fully agree. I think combat is part of a game.
    I think the biggest reason people leave this game is because it's boring and has more to do with the green bars in crafting everything taking time to do than anything else. The next is give players some direction. I know Xsyon is meant to be fully open world up to the player, but give them something to shoot for.

    Well because I believe most gamers are already used to hotkey powers, and Xsyon is not based on combat. So there is no need to reinvent the wheel. Heck even your system is not something Xsyon would be inventing he would be using it based on other games. I have no problem using other games to help get ideas and put those good ideas in to Xsyon.
    I think what should be considered is who all would it be for? I think Mount and Blade (or Last Oasis) combat is good. It's better than Xsyon. I just think special skilled powers would be better for more people. This also includes I think it would be easier to code.
    Then also have issues with Archery with the your system would then need to be FPS, or a very close over the shoulder skill. Again I think you just moving further and further from the market of who is going to be playing Xsyon. It's not made for high skilled combat, its a sandbox MMO with focus on building, exploring, crafting, player created questing.

  6. #56
    I will not pretend that I have the ability or resources to create a combat system to rival new combat focused games with multi-million dollar budgets.
    ? what are you talking about ?

    Both life is feudal and last oasis where made by smaller studios on limited budgets, I'm not sure why you seem to think any game made in the last couple years is a multi-million dollar budget, but this is a strawman that isn't true.

    You can have decent combat without a multi-million dollar budget.

    Xsyon combat is already EXTREMELY CLOSE to last oasis, again, the problem with combat is mainly the CREATURES not the PLAYERS being incomplete.

    This again means that the creatures are the problem, I have offered many suggestions to fix that in my posts here, but focusing on the player by giving them extra skills does not address ANY of the problems with creatures in combat that makes it "boring and broken feeling"

  7. #57
    ddt you don't even play THIS game, why should anyone be listening to you?

    I've been playing every single last day.

    Why should anyone listen to you ddt when you abandoned this game and are only back cuz you seen MY suggestion of parry get put in the game.

    Your derailing posts, unable to understand what other people are talking about and are slowing down our ability to balance and change the game for teh better.

    You've had 10 years to tell people what you think of this game, why not give some other people a chance since you DO NOT EVEN PLAY ANYMORE?

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Xsyon combat is already EXTREMELY CLOSE to last oasis, again, the problem with combat is mainly the CREATURES not the PLAYERS being incomplete.

    This again means that the creatures are the problem, I have offered many suggestions to fix that in my posts here, but focusing on the player by giving them extra skills does not address ANY of the problems with creatures in combat that makes it "boring and broken feeling"


    I agree that creatures are a large part of the issue with combat. If you are going to use the Mount and Blade (Last Oasis) system, you will want to slow down their attacks and visually show which direction they are attacking, to allow players to dodge or parry the action correctly.

    If you are going to go with skills, giving them powers that they used, you would still want to visually show players that they are doing a special attack, so players can dodge or parry, or use a special skill themselves to counter it.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 06-13-2020 at 04:19 PM.

  9. #59
    Look ddt, YOU DO NOT PLAY ANYMORE YOU HAVE ABANDONED THE GAME, who cares what you think honestly.

    If you get what you want, I will quit and abandon this game, losing arguably the only player who logs in every day to pvp.

    I am here, every day, helping players, helping newbs, giving advise, I'm out here.

    You? Your just spamming up the forums on a game you used to play.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Look ddt, YOU DO NOT PLAY ANYMORE YOU HAVE ABANDONED THE GAME, who cares what you think honestly.

    If you get what you want, I will quit and abandon this game, losing arguably the only player who logs in every day to pvp.

    I am here, every day, helping players, helping newbs, giving advise, I'm out here.

    You? Your just spamming up the forums on a game you used to play.

    Focus on the topic not the person. Thanks.

    I play everyday. Helping players, helping newbs and giving advise, I'm out here.

    https://imgur.com/a/xSOokEt
    Last edited by MrDDT; 06-13-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •