Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    While I will do my best to improve combat, I don't intend to make Xsyon a combat focused game. It's meant to be sandbox adventure and creation game. It attracts survival sandbox players primarily, which I why I asked for feedback on what that crowd of players is accustomed to. Combat is just a part of the game.

Comments like 'x' type of combat sucks aren't constructive. Players enjoy different types of combat and I will decide on what the overall community here enjoys and what the type of new players that come to Xsyon are looking for.

As I mentioned before, I personally enjoyed WoW combat with the reservations I already stated. A hybrid system, I believe would work well. Adding a few special attacks would not convert the current combat system into WoW combat. WoW combat is entirely based on the special attacks with auto combat happening in between. I would not set up the system like that.

The special attacks DDT suggested aren't simply bonus damage. They are attacks that would have different effects (damage over time, delays, stuns). Those are all things I originally planned to have in the game anyways.

Thanks

Okay maybe I'm not being clear enough when I say its "not very popular"

I mean its not fun.

As in your creating non-fun combat.

Why?

"game isn't supposed to be combat focused" Than why not shutdown pvp server? Cuz everybody on pvp wants combat to not be after thought, so suggesting that pvp doesn't need to be combat focused imo is not wise, since that is EXACTLY what people want.

NOBODY wants to play xsyon's version of WoW, "IF THEY DID" they would just go play WoW, why play xsyon version of WoW when WoW already exists? I think it would be insanely foolish to model your game after a game that is looooong dead to the point where they brought back "classic WoW servers"

With respect; I don't think you have enough experience in this field to know what your talkinga bout when you say WoW is a good type of game for combat, cuz nobody I know feels this way.

Its worse than league of legends for combat... Are you saying your goal is to turn the game into a skill spamming brawler but not a decent combat game? I don't understand the logic behind this.

I don't understand the logic behind "well other games are not very good combat, so we must have shitty combat too!"

People WANT mount and blade online, multiplayer, mmo... So why act like doing this kind of combat is "not what other mmo's do so dont do it" this whole logic thread is ill-logical cuz your basically saying "I'm only willing to do things other games that are failing or have failed have done"

Why set yourself up for the same failure of others? Why try to clone other games people DO NOT ENJOY the combat of?

Why would you NOT try to use the type of combat people would actually want in your game?

To say that cuz a ancient game like WoW uses out dated features, that you can use out dated features too, is foolish at best, you should be trying to innovate, not recreate something of the past.

You could have amazing combat in this game with the current system if it was built upon but when you say things like this

I don't intend to make Xsyon a combat focused game. It's meant to be sandbox adventure and creation game. It attracts survival sandbox players primarily, which I why I asked for feedback on what that crowd of players is accustomed to. Combat is just a part of the game.
    Things like this feel like your throwing the entire pvp server under the bus to say "well pve doesn't want this so why should I care?"

Nobody joins pvp for combat to be a "After thought" of the game, they join pvp for combat to be the main focus, you obviously are out of touch with what people want from pvp if you think that people on pve and pvp want the same thing; this is not true, they want different things.

Obviously people on PvE are going to treat combat as a 2ndary part of the game, a after thought that doesn't matter.

While people on PvP are going to want to fight things, creatures, players and even raid things(that they cant do currently)

People want ALOT more out of PvP than you seem to think.
    Last edited by Static; 06-13-2020 at 11:30 AM.