06/29/2020 - Feedback Request - Creatures - Test Server

The Test Server is up with my latest build. Here are some changes to Creatures with this build:

1) Creatures going through specific walls or gates: I believe this is all fixed now. If you find any creatures going through a wall please post a location and the architecture part type that can be breached.

2) Attacks in water: Creatures should fight in water correctly now.

3) Missing attack animations: If you have any missing attack animations, try deleting Anim.xsip from your Xsyon / Data directory. This should solve the problem.

4) HP bar should display again on dead creatures (by request).

5) Hunting commands (skinning etc.) should turn on and off based on your distance from the dead creature.

6) Attacking a creature through a wall should be blocked now.

7) Taming icon and commands removed for Revenants.

8) Creature stats (life etc.) balanced based on feedback.

9) Resources for mutants increased based on power (determined by age and combat power).

10) Creatures that you’ve fed and ‘like’ or ‘love’ you should not attack unless you attack them first. If they choose a negative aggro, they should run away.

11) You should be able to run away (sprint) from creatures and get out of combat range.

Still working on:

1) Stuck creatures. If you see a stuck creature on the Test Server, please post a location.

2) Creatures trapped in a tight space not attacking you if you are on a building part. I will correct this situation.

3) Creature ranges or hit boxes: If there is a specific creature that you think has a hit box or range that is too big or too small, please let me know the exact creature type.

4) Creature scales: I will be going through all creatures and adjusting scales if needed.

Please let me know if you find problems with any of the above. Also, if there are other problems with creatures and AI that are not listed above, let me know.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for all those changes! They really make the game more fun!

10) At least Coyotes and Deers attack although they are on like/love, without me attacking first.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020630_11_6_39 Coyote likes me but attacks.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	929.6 KB 
ID:	721

Name:	Screenshot_2020630_11_26_34 another coyote likes and attacks.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	722

Name:	Screenshot_2020630_11_32_26 deer also attacks.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	723

Animals in process of feeding walk on the same spot

Name:	Screenshot_2020630_11_31_56 feeding deer walks on same spot.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	724

When I approach animals which like/love me they sometimes cannot decide what they want to do. They quickly switch between attack/run/move/notarget etc, always on the same spot.

I think all mutants need to be bigger. People should know these are not normal at all.

I can attack thru walls still on animals that stick thru them.

1) Creatures that 'like' you attacking first. This should be fixed with this patch.

2) Animals feeding in the same spot: Does this happen when you feed an animal that is already walking? Can you reproduce this easily?

3) Erratic behavior: I will continue tweaking the behavior tonight and tomorrow. In some cases the creatures are deciding to have new reactions too quickly as described.

4) Mutants should be bigger: Yup, I will be going through all creatures and adjusting scales. I will post when I've done so.

5) Attacking through walls: Can you give me a location? (I'm assuming there is a trapped creature somewhere where you can reproduce this).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    5) Attacking through walls: Can you give me a location? (I'm assuming there is a trapped creature somewhere where you can reproduce this).
    The animals seem to not be getting close enough to the wall anymore. I will check later when I have more time, but I tried for like 15mins to get an animal close to the walls.

1) Today none of the "liking" animals attacked first. So seems to be fixed.

2) Yes the animals were walking when I started feeding them. They keep walking in the same spot as long as the message "enjoys this food" is displayed. After this message is gone, the animals walk normal again.
    Tried/reproduced this with a raccoon and a black bear today.

Strangely, the raccoon had the like bar, the bear had none, although the tame/feed buttons were available and I could feed the bear. More strange thing: While I typed these feedback comments, the bear walked away, then came back, and when I clicked on the horse head again, the like bar appeared again.

Name:	Screenshot_202071_8_34_22 Raccoon walking while eating.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	728

Name:	Screenshot_202071_8_38_36 Black Bear without the like bar.png 
Views:	174 
ID:	729

3) One (not feeded) raccoon first did not attack back when I attacked it, after a while it walked towards me, sat down, got up again through me and while the head was biting me, I stood at the tail.

Name:	Screenshot_202071_6_41_32 Raccon bites me with its back.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	730

Just killed a Shadow Bear

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	732

I feel like the amount of resources vs the Normal Bear (Young Adult Lesser) vs the Shadow Bear (Elder Lesser) is not enough based on how hard it will be to kill these Mutants.

The normal bear had 350HP (give or take)
    The shadow bear had 4219hp.

I got roughly 2x the resources for the shadow bear. It is much much harder to kill. I understand the resources will hold more value (some of the time) but this makes it so almost no mutants will be worth the time to kill.

The bonus on the normal bear is total value of .3 (.75 x .40)
    The bonus on the shadow bear is total value of .4 (1.00 x .40)

No one is going to really care about that minor diff in bonus value. You could simply kill a normal bear that was a little more power (400 hp) and get a .45 or a .6 total bonus value off a normal.

I think you changed the resources to the values I listed before or close to them, however, after testing how hard these will be to fight, I think the values can be adjusted up. Or make the mutants a little less hard (lower HP).
    Last edited by MrDDT; 07-02-2020 at 12:44 AM.

As the test server is down currently, please check zone 939 Founders Isle outside of the walls. On PEACE server I found many animals there in the no-danger-zone, and they DO attack Maybe they misunderstood "no danger" as being no danger for THEM

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_8_59.png 
Views:	175 
ID:	733

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_9_15.png 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	734

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_9_31.png 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	735

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_9_44.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	736

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_9_51.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	737

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_9_59.png 
Views:	170 
ID:	738

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_10_59.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	739

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_11_7.png 
Views:	180 
ID:	740

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_11_26.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	741

Name:	Screenshot_2020711_7_11_36.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	742

The Test Server is up with a few more changes to creatures:

- Reduced HP for mutants.

- Adjusted scale for mutants. I may revise this further. In general, the small and medium mutants should be decent sized mounts when they are adults.

- Creatures walking in place while being fed fixed.

- I fixed a problem with ranges that was causing creatures to switch up their behavior quickly and other strange things.

- Resources from mutants increased further.

- Blocking for boulders completely revised. This should prevent a lot of stuck creature situations and allow for much better path finding around boulders. I haven't tested this extensively though.

I'll keep checking and revising things with creatures but I think this build is good enough for the upcoming patch. If you guys find any critical problems or things that should probably be changed before this is publicly patched, let me know.

Thanks!

just to be sure that you see the critical finding I posted nearly at the same time as your post was added ... please see my screenshots in the post above yours