Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've checked out Black Desert Online as was suggested earlier.

Setting up some additional 'hot key' attacks like in Black Desert wouldn't be too difficult but I have some questions:

1) What character type is recommended for me to check out the best combat special attacks?

2) I didn't PvP at all so far. In PvP can you anticipate incoming attacks? Can you parry or block attacks? (Does that depend on the type of character you choose?) Personally I found attacks to be very fast and I don't think I'd be able to react to incoming attacks if I was to PvP.

3) So far I've found creatures very easy to kill. Basically, even though some of the special attacks I used looked good, I could kill any opponent so far spamming just my basic attack. Do opponents get more difficult at some point or level where special attacks and strategy are required or at least helpful?

I'll continue checking this game and other games for ideas.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    I've checked out Black Desert Online as was suggested earlier.

Setting up some additional 'hot key' attacks like in Black Desert wouldn't be too difficult but I have some questions:

1) What character type is recommended for me to check out the best combat special attacks?

2) I didn't PvP at all so far. In PvP can you anticipate incoming attacks? Can you parry or block attacks? (Does that depend on the type of character you choose?) Personally I found attacks to be very fast and I don't think I'd be able to react to incoming attacks if I was to PvP.

3) So far I've found creatures very easy to kill. Basically, even though some of the special attacks I used looked good, I could kill any opponent so far spamming just my basic attack. Do opponents get more difficult at some point or level where special attacks and strategy are required or at least helpful?

I'll continue checking this game and other games for ideas.

Thanks!

1) I would pick any of the melee ones. Just pick Warrior.
    Striker, Guardian, Musa/Maehwa, Berserker or of course Warrior are all good choices for the type of combat you looking to check out.
    2) Yes you can see which attack is doing what by the animation. You have a very limited time and you can see the build up before the attack goes off of what it would be. You can then dodge out of the way (manual dodge). You get use to based on the class that you are fighting what they will do, their ranges, along with combos. Yes its very fast that's the point of skilled combat. Which is why ping and fast computers are very important for skilled PVP.
    3) Creatures for the most part are very very easy. There are tiered creatures and as higher levels they start having more HP compared do the type of basic attack damage. The point is not the remove basic attacking, its to make it an option for here or there using low resources, while special attacks use more resources.
    Also Black Desert Online has a totally diff outlook on how you "farm" or gain wealth. You are killing 1000s of monsters/creatures to get a "drop" which is going to be rare to extremely rare. Example, rare would be like 1 in 1000 chance. extremely rare is 1 in 100,000 chance.
    So you have to take creature combat with a grain of salt of how things are different styles of play.

Combat for special attacks and strategy comes into play on "boss" type monsters more. They have tiered monsters, so you will fight a level 50 monster @ your level 50 it will have lets say 10,000 HP, an elite will have 80,000 HP, and a Boss monster will have like 2 million. So something that you kill a normal 2 or 3 hits, takes 400 to 600 hits to kill a boss. They also have world bosses that have like 200 million HP.
    So normal and elite mobs are meant for solo play, bosses are meant for small group play, and world bosses are meant for raid level groups.

My main takeaway why I like BDO combat system for Xsyon is it mixes movement in combat with special attacks of hot keys.

Thanks for all the Black Desert info. That helps a lot. :-)