Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

07/15/2020 - Feedback Request - Pets Patch - Live Servers

Please post regarding any new issues you find with the latest Pets patch on the live servers.

Also feel free to post any suggestions for quick improvements or additions to Pets. If you have suggestions for major changes please post those in the Suggestions section.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for making the pets accessable

I had some findings, especially on Founders Isle which is "no danger" zone. Several animals are stuck in the walls or trees. I cannot attack them, they do not attack me. Would you please kill all those animals which are stuck all around the walls of founders isle? Three examples are in the screenshot attached. Can you maybe protect Founders Isle completely against animals?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_5_34_50 pinemarten stuck in wall.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	743

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_5_35_42 hamster stuck in tree.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	744

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_5_36_2 cat stuck in tree.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	745

a) I realized that legendary animals can no longer be renamed. Was it ever intended to be renamed?
    b) There is even a black bear on Founders Isle, and a Hornback thingy attacked me, too, it had about 4k HP (have no screenshot of this one)

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_5_32_4 black bear on founders.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	746

I crafted a stable called "First one" and put a bear inside. Later, I renamed the stable to "One". However, when I view the bear inside the stable, its name was still the old one.

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_8_32_9 stable name is old one.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	747

Workaround is to summon the bear, then put it in the stable again, after this the stable name is shown correctly.

I tried to tame more animals. My taming skill was 47, but the error message said my skill needs to be 32.00 in one case, 0.00 in the other case. Does this error message mean some other skill than the taming one? Please see screenshots.

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_8_22_7 skill 47 but needs 32.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	748

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_8_25_27 skill 47 but needs 0.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	749

I had one very strange case which is difficult to reproduce: I had tamed an animal, set it to follow. At Hideout it managed to get inside the area which is surrounded by platforms. I had set its home to this location. Then I stabled it into the stable called Four.

As soon as I selected "show" It walked outward of the stable, back to the location which I had set its home location. It simply passed the platforms as if they were not there. But it was still listed in the stable as being in it. Please see screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot_2020716_8_53_22 stabled animal outside of stable.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	750

If I can reproduce this case I will let you know.

I restarted the servers with a small patch.

1) I removed the creatures stuck on Founders and will keep an eye on that. I think they are getting stuck trying to migrate from nearby zones and can't find a path around the big walls there. I will find a solution for that.

2) Legendary animals should be able to be renamed. They must be max 'level', so only Ancient Legendary creatures can be renamed. If you find one of these that can't be renamed, let me know. (They can only be named once, so only if they have the default title).

3) Updating your stable name should also now update the stable name for any current stabled pets.

4) I believe the taming messages are fixed. This needs to be checked a bit more.

5) I adjusted taming a bit so that it relies a bit more on skill and a bit less on feeding.

6) I can't reproduce that last issue but if it happens again, let me know the exact steps.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the update and the explanations For the legendary ones, I had only looked at the word Legendary, but not if they are ancient or not. Probably this was the thing which confused me. All thumps up for your constant work!

Xsyon Citizen
    One observation, standing on buildings makes taming easier and a lot safer, animals wont attack you while you are on the building.

Pet Patch is nice ...) Now we need the attack skill and It would be nice if they could give the attack order in the city as well. So you could build an arena in the city and have pet fights like POKEMON. Who is the best PETMASTER ...