Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That would be great.

Just checked out the changes to the pets.

They are a lot more inline with what you want for group fighting of mutants. I think they are still extremely powerful. Having 10 pets with 600+ HP will still be strong. But I think it will work out ok.

Some people have voiced a concern about mutants in none/low areas and it's hard to play when you having these group powerful mutants killing them. Including new players.
    Last edited by MrDDT; 08-14-2020 at 11:48 AM.

The Test Server is up (since last night) with a few changes:

1) Only child mutants can be tamed.

2) Pet mutants have reduced stats. (These could be further reduced but I think are ok for now. I intend them to at least be higher than regular bears).

3) Setting free a mutant pet reverts its stats to where they would be for its current age and power. Alternately I could lower its age and/or power to closer match its stats as a pet but I think this is ok. Any opinions?

4) I'm running a War Server build. Your pets can die permanently. You can also gather materials from your pet if it dies. (I figure this makes sense since that pet is gone forever).

When this is confirmed working properly I will restart with a Peace Server build. With the Peace Server build, your pet will revive with low hp and energy.

5) All situations where a pet sent home wasn't disappearing should be fixed now. (Basically sending the pet from a distant zone was a problem but should be fine now).
    Last edited by Xsyon; 08-14-2020 at 12:36 PM.

2) I think its ok, they still really strong but not sure how far to go.

3) My opinion is they released exactly as they were tamed up. This would be the way to get the resources high end people want.

4) I think thats good idea. They gone for good so they only get it once anyways. Plus the victor can get it.

5) This looks fixed to me.

Question about mounts.

We going to be able to mount mutants? Also are they only limited to deer and bear?

Couldn't test this on the test server, but don't think it has changed from the live servers.

Pets will not defend you if you are attacked or attack your target if you go into combat. This is a special problem with the tiny but ultra-aggressive critters like bear cubs, coyote pups, and even fawns. To get your pet to attack, you have to click on the critter (could be inside your pet if you have a large pet active, and you cannot be in combat) and then click on the Pet Attack button. I usually have to kill the critter myself since Pet Home button is next to the Attack button.

At a minimum, please move the Home button so that it not next to the attack button (eg. between Home and Patrol).

Pets on the test server, I'm having issues when they die, you have a few bugs with it.

1) They do not show dead at the totem
    2) You can't tell when they are "alive" again unless you change zones after like 10mins
    3) You can mount them and get the mount speed even if they are dead and they look dead while riding them.

Tested some this evening. Generally happy, but a few problems/questions/suggestions.

Experienced a zone loading bug (no trees or buildings) after death that I haven't seen in a few years.

Took 3 tries to get my bear to attack a legendary coyote. When she finally attacked, she took no damage even though she had about 25 fewer hp to start. Pet critter combat on slopes may need some more work.

When mounted, there is no back up command. Had expected this to sort of work like carts. Could forage, scavenge and drink while mounted. These actions cannot be done while pulling a cart, so why while mounted?

It is nice to be able to do things in the pet window that can only be done at stables on the live server, like rename or set free. You can also summon pets from the other side of the map. Is this intended?

I would like to be able to assign some pet commands (attack, mount, follow) to keys.

ACCEPT

Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    4) How to best deal with dead pets. I was going to have them simply revive at home and take time to restore their hp. I could allow permanent death though (maybe just on the War Server?) Any thoughts on this?
    4b)I think its a good idea only on the War Server perma loss of a pet. I think them dying (reviving at home is sorta irrelevant because they insta teleport to you). But slowly getting HP back would be nice.
    Also being able to feed them to get food back would be good. I think their regen without feeding should be like 1/4th speed. But if you feed them you get 100% speed. With even some food giving a buff (like we get to eat). Really excited for this stuff.

The Test Server is up with a few changes:

1) Pet death is completed. Pets with stables should be ported to the stables on death, then revive with low health after 2 minutes. Pets without stables should revive at their death location after 2 minutes. While the pet is dead (unconscious) you shouldn't be able to use any commands on the pet except for renaming.

2) Creatures in combat on slopes should work better. If there are still issues I would need an exact location to check as it's dependent on the terrain.

Questions and Answers:

1) Mutants will be able to be used as mounts but not with this first patch.

2) I will look into allowing mounts to walk backwards. I deliberately didn't set up mounts to walk backwards for now.

3) I put additional key binds for pet commands on my suggestions list for a future patch. I'd have to revise the key bind panel again to add those and I'm running out of default key binds to use. lol

4) Yes, pets will not attack creature to defend you automatically. I've put that on my suggestions list but it's not a easy thing to implement as a player doesn't have a selected target. It would also require an additional 'mode' for pets (like in Warcraft where you can set your pet to defend or not).

5) Yes, summoning pets from a distance, even across the map is intended.

Thanks!

Also noticed that pets stay in the world forever.

So like there is a Shadowbear at founders that is a tamed pet of someone's and its been there for over a week.

We might need to make it so if they not in the stables they need to be fed like once a week or something.