Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

08/10/2020 - Feedback Request - Mounts & Pets (Test Server)

I'm consolidating feedback from the other Pets & Mounts threads here.

The Test Server is up with some changes:

1) I'm running a revised path finding function. It's much faster but I'm not sure if it works properly. Does path finding (basically creatures following a target or wandering around) seem ok and the same as on the Main Servers? Or does it seem different with this build?

2) Age in the Pets Panel should display correctly.

3) I've reduced the amount of bones and meat gathered from large and legendary creatures. (This amount was already capped at 100 but was calculating much higher initial numbers for encumbrance purposes).

4) You should not be able to dissect a dead pet.

Questions / Answers

1) Currently animals won't eat cooked food. I will set this up later as I'm thinking it would be cool for bonuses to apply to creatures. It's also more complex as the taste / effect would be based on the ingredients.

2) About avoiding creatures attacking you while riding: It's deliberately set up right now so that creatures can attack you while mounted. Eventually I want to set up mounted combat.

Other issues I'm working on

1) Further revising your pets' combat power, especially mutants. I'm thinking a possible solution would be to do this:

- Only child mutants can be tamed.
    - Tamed mutants would increase in power (hp etc.) much less than mutants in the wild.
    - If you release an adult mutant it would revert to gain power like a wild mutant, but wouldn't be tame-able.

This way the numbers would make sense and players wouldn't have overpowered mutant pets.

Any thoughts on this?

2) Continued adjustments to creatures' scale and bounding boxes.

3) Making mutants more difficult to tame (would fit in with changes above).

4) How to best deal with dead pets. I was going to have them simply revive at home and take time to restore their hp. I could allow permanent death though (maybe just on the War Server?) Any thoughts on this?

5) I need additional testing and feedback on these issues:

Invisible Pets

HP Mouse Over

I think that's it. If there are any other issues you all think need to be addressed before making this patch public, let me know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

1) Further revising your pets' combat power, especially mutants. I'm thinking a possible solution would be to do this:

- Tamed mutants would increase in power (hp etc.) much less than mutants in the wild.
    - If you release an adult mutant it would revert to gain power like a wild mutant, but wouldn't be tame-able.

This way the numbers would make sense and players wouldn't have overpowered mutant pets.

Any thoughts on this?
    1b) I think only young mutants can be tamed is great. With your option with that they are not as strong (HP/DMG/Armor) as wild ones. If released they go back to normal (and skin-able).
    I think this is great.

2) Continued adjustments to creatures' scale and bounding boxes.

2b) I've noticed a lot of times on a cliff or near things like that, the pets will not attack nor will the other animal. I'm thinking its a range issue.

3) Making mutants more difficult to tame (would fit in with changes above).
    3b) I fully agree with this. Right now the chance to fail is good on animals/mutants. However, I feel the skill levels/stats are sorta outa balance on some of the mutants (currently the young ones).

4) How to best deal with dead pets. I was going to have them simply revive at home and take time to restore their hp. I could allow permanent death though (maybe just on the War Server?) Any thoughts on this?
    4b)I think its a good idea only on the War Server perma loss of a pet. I think them dying (reviving at home is sorta irrelevant because they insta teleport to you). But slowly getting HP back would be nice.
    Also being able to feed them to get food back would be good. I think their regen without feeding should be like 1/4th speed. But if you feed them you get 100% speed. With even some food giving a buff (like we get to eat). Really excited for this stuff.

5) I need additional testing and feedback on these issues:

Invisible Pets

HP Mouse Over

I think that's it. If there are any other issues you all think need to be addressed before making this patch public, let me know.

Thanks!

The invisible pets is able to be done over and over. If you need help with it still let me know. He updated exactly how to do it.

This is what I'm talking about how pets wont attack sometimes on a hill or something. I think its a range issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xsyon PET NO ATTACK.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	452.8 KB 
ID:	775

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The invisible pets is able to be done over and over. If you need help with it still let me know. He updated exactly how to do it.
    Yes, I would appreciate more help. Can you reproduce this on the current Test Server?

If you can, when you send home a pet but it stays in place, does this happen when you're in a different zone, far from the stables, or can it be reproduced when you are in the same zone, near the stables?

Any thoughts on this?
    Since pets are live and dozens of people are out hunting mutants and have already tamed mutants, it would be a curtesy if when you implement these changes people don't lose pets but instead they revert to the highest tame-able mutant status.

Revive at home - PvE, Perm death - PvP would make sense to me.

I'm consolidating feedback from the other Pets & Mounts threads here.

The Test Server is up with some changes:

1) I'm running a revised path finding function. It's much faster but I'm not sure if it works properly. Does path finding (basically creatures following a target or wandering around) seem ok and the same as on the Main Servers? Or does it seem different with this build?

2) Age in the Pets Panel should display correctly.

3) I've reduced the amount of bones and meat gathered from large and legendary creatures. (This amount was already capped at 100 but was calculating much higher initial numbers for encumbrance purposes).

4) You should not be able to dissect a dead pet.

1) This looks a lot better, however, I have noticed that animals seem to run a lot more. I like better on test than on main.

2)Confirmed working.

3)Confirmed working, and this is much more balanced. Thank you. I noticed you lowered the amounts overall (but hides) and this looks a lot lot lot better. Normals and Mutants.

4) Confirmed can't.

Quote Originally Posted by wastelandstoic View Post
    Since pets are live and dozens of people are out hunting mutants and have already tamed mutants, it would be a curtesy if when you implement these changes people don't lose pets but instead they revert to the highest tame-able mutant status.

I disagree with this, I believe part of the point of taming is to be able to train up them to get better resources from them. If this were to happen above. We would be back to penning up animals and dying to them over and over to level them up to get good resources.

Yes, I would appreciate more help. Can you reproduce this on the current Test Server?

If you can, when you send home a pet but it stays in place, does this happen when you're in a different zone, far from the stables, or can it be reproduced when you are in the same zone, near the stables?
    Hey there, I'm the one that posted the bug for invisible pets; in all of my cases I was far, 2-3 zones from home and sent the pet home via menu then tamed something I found, and ran it home. When I arrived and finished putting the new pet in a stable I'd summon my old pet to me to stable since it was left standing in the world as an inanimate object. This is where it ends up invisible when I summoned it to me back at home. I can test this on the test server and see if it's a thing there.

Test server: It appears to be fixed, and from my testing must've been related to the also-fixed full stable bug. I can however still cause the pet to stay in the world, via sending them home from a far away zone.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/QANcWy2

Upon taming a new pet this copy disappears from the world, at least.

I'm only talking about Mutant pets already tamed once the purposed revisions in #4 above get added to the live server. Rather than have all the players who have spent hours to eventually tame a prized Mutant pet lose that pet altogether (let's say their 5k Mutant bear that took 45 attempts to finally tame) throw the players a bone and at least have that Mutant pet revert to the 'child' status Mutant pet Xsyon is purposing. Otherwise you waste a lot of players time and excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by wastelandstoic View Post
    I'm only talking about Mutant pets already tamed once the purposed revisions in #4 above get added to the live server. Rather than have all the players who have spent hours to eventually tame a prized Mutant pet lose that pet altogether (let's say their 5k Mutant bear that took 45 attempts to finally tame) throw the players a bone and at least have that Mutant pet revert to the 'child' status Mutant pet Xsyon is purposing. Otherwise you waste a lot of players time and excitement.
    I get you now. I think what he is going to do have it auto update to what they should be after the new update.

So your 5k mutant will be the same age/power as it is now based on the new changes he is stating. So no one is going to lose what they got.