Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

09/04/2020- Feedback Request - Bug Fixes

I'm going to try to fix several bugs this week while I'm fixing any issues with the latest patches.

Here are a few that I need feedback on:

1) Situations where architecture ghost parts are valid, then go invalid (red) without a good reason. Players have reported this happening when logging off and back on, terraforming nearby and moving nearby building ghosts that should not affect the parts that go invalid.

I can't reproduce this on my local server and I've chatted with a few players that used to have issues like this but can't reproduce them now.

Here are bug reports about this issue for more information.

Caused by logging out and other causes
    Caused by terraforming
    Caused randomly

If anyone can reproduce this issue, please give me an exact location and steps to reproduce.

2) Problems using the right click menu. The bug report is here

Can anyone reproduce this or anything similar?

3) Problems with combat mode on a secondary monitor. The bug report is here

Can this be reproduced with the current build?

4) Bugs with chopping down trees. The bug report is here

This is a very old bug report. I had reproduced it and fixed it as far as I could tell but I never got a final confirmation on the fix. If anyone can confirm that these problems no longer happen, I'll close the report. If anyone can reproduce problems mentioned in that bug report, please post all the details here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    I

If anyone can reproduce this issue, please give me an exact location and steps to reproduce.

2) Problems using the right click menu. The bug report is here

Can anyone reproduce this or anything similar?

3) Problems with combat mode on a secondary monitor. The bug report is here

Can this be reproduced with the current build?

4) Bugs with chopping down trees. The bug report is here

This is a very old bug report. I had reproduced it and fixed it as far as I could tell but I never got a final confirmation on the fix. If anyone can confirm that these problems no longer happen, I'll close the report. If anyone can reproduce problems mentioned in that bug report, please post all the details here.

Thanks!
    2) This is caused by their macro program locking up the right click after stopping it in the middle of it. I've talked to them about it before. I talked to this person on Discord about the issue.

3) I'm still having this issue. I can make it happen 100% of the time, on 4 different computers. Simply put Xsyon in windows mode. Move the window to the non primary monitor. Go into combat mode in game. Cursor pops over to the primary monitor (middle of the screen) when you go into combat mode. Preventing you from being able to do combat in Xsyon with it on a non primary monitor.

4) This seems to have been fixed.

Thanks. I will set up two monitors to see if I can figure out the combat mode issue this week.

I've patched a few minor changes to resolve a few other bugs.

I increased the max stack size of twisted rope and similar items to 50.
    That should resolve this bug report

I lowered the skill required for grass thatch to 20
    That should resolve this bug report

I also increased the max stack size of firewood to 50.

I patched a fix for taming check problems with high level bears (and possibly other high level creatures).
    This should resolve this bug report

I patched a fix for stables not being emptied when you move animals to another stable. I don't know what happened with this but I had fixed it and I believe I accidentally reverted the code for that file to an older version so this problem arose again with my latest small patch. It should be correct now.

I have had the issue with the valid ghosts turning red when placing other ghosts around my tribe just now. They all go back to valid when you move one, even .10m and back. Happened just while placing other floors around my back wall.

zone 982 x250 z914 It's the 16m Mason Beams directly above this loc that keep turning red when I place the Bamati decks, and when I placed base posts as well I believe.

Decided to leave it all unbuilt so you could check it if it would help.

ETA: Oddly after posting this, they turned yellow on their own. *shrug* I'll still leave everything as is.
    Last edited by Jexawocky; 09-09-2020 at 01:15 AM.

I've copied the data over to the Test Server so I'll see if I can reproduce the problem. No need to keep anything as is on the Peace Server.

Thanks!

Thanks. Had a few other pieces that were going red and turning back on their own or with my moving them as I continued to lay things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexawocky View Post
    Thanks. Had a few other pieces that were going red and turning back on their own or with my moving them as I continued to lay things out.
    I've copied the data to the Test Server. Could you check to see if you can reproduce this issue there? If you can, please leave your toon where you were reproducing the area and let me know the exact steps.

Thanks!

Sure, I'll hop on test later tonight and check things out. I'll report back.

Got the beams to turn red. I was just going through and placing the ghosts roughly the same way I'd done on the live servers. (there is a red deck currently but I know it's not supported yet) All I was doing was placing the decks up on the cantilevers/truss'. I'd just dropped a mason cantilever near where I'm currently standing on test and it placed 1 tile off. I died (due to hunger & thirst) and ran over to the totem to revive without reloading, ran back over to the cantilever to move it into place and as I turned, I noticed the beams on the far side opposite me had turned red. I'd been checking after each deck I placed, but I did not check just before or after I died, only when I moved that last cantilever.

If you want me to continue on, just let me know. Have some things going on this weekend, but I'll check back as I can.

ETA: I realize you may have been wanting me to get pieces -other- than the beams to turn red, I should have clarified. If you need other parts to turn red, just let me know and I'll continue working on. It happens frequently, so it shouldn't take too long. Just let me know.
    Last edited by Jexawocky; 09-13-2020 at 11:47 PM.

I was able to reproduce the issue with beams or other arch parts turning red, finally. Thanks Jexa!

When you place or move any part, all other ghost parts within a set range are checked for validity. Arch parts on the edge of the range can get messed up if the parts that support them are just out of range (so are skipped in the checking process).

To fix this I could increase the range, but the bigger the range, the slower the checking function and this might have an unwanted effect, slowing things down. A proper fix requires a whole new method to check validity so I'm going to defer fixing all bugs related to this right now. The current method works correctly in most cases. I see now it can mess up with tribes that have a lot of buildings in progress, spread out across the tribe. Moving an arch part within a closer range to parts that get messed up should mark them correctly if they are valid.

Thanks again!