Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

11/24/2020- Feedback Request - Suggestions Patch - Main Servers

The Test Server is up with the latest build. The most time consuming focus of this build is the scalable user interface. In addition this build includes many minor improvements based on player suggestions.

Please let me know if there are any problems with these changes. The user interface scaling in particular needs to be tested at many resolution / scale combinations to make sure that it's all working properly.

Here is a full list of changes that need to be checked:

01) User Interface can be scaled up to 200% in increments
    02) Stats and Skills display with 2 decimal places.
    03) Containers can be dragged between a cart and a building.
    04) You can pick up containers and bundles directly to your cart.
    05) Text on buttons is yellow when button is highlighted or clicked.
    06) Animal Materials indicate their power with a colored name.
    07) Chop large log to small action implemented.
    08) Your tribe name shows in the Inventory panel.
    09) You can destroy fallen trees directly without chopping them into logs.
    10) Patchwork Cloth Tarp pattern set up to create tarps from various materials.
    11) Patchwork Leather Tarp pattern set up.
    12) Boulders of any size on tribe lands can be removed.
    13) Key binds for number pad keys display as N# instead of NumPad#.
    14) Pets display the name of their owner when selected .
    15) Setting to always display HP numbers for selected creatures.
    16) Increased the size of the selected object / creature title bar.
    17) Icons in containers are tinted based on item’s rarity or power
    18) Online tribe member names display in blue in Town Panel member list.
    19) Partial food can be eaten to fill up your hunger bar.
    20) Number of guts from innards doubled.
    21) Key bind and action for Sprint Always allows players to sprint if possible.
    22) Architecture placing ghosts is now instantaneous with no animation.
    23) Quality and Durability numbers display on Vendor (Trade Totem) items.
    24) Character selection / enter panel reorganized.
    25) Option to turn ping display on / off implemented.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 12-04-2020 at 06:45 AM.

I had a look at the scaling UI for my res of 2560 x 1600 for the most part the scaling works, the text looks good,
    but there was an issue with containers and slots. the image of the container slots does not scale with the image of the container,
    and this also effected selection of slots outside this mask.

The pre selected scales I could select were 100%, 116.67%, 133.33%, 150%, 166.67%, 183.33%, 200%

this happened at all scales except 100%

also i believe you intended for just the background of the item to reflect power rather then saturating the whole icon with that colour.

Ive posted a set of images at each scale showing the issue with containers, please have a look

https://imgur.com/a/UQHjG0g
    Last edited by chojinuk; 11-26-2020 at 12:28 AM.

I've patched a fix for the external container panels. Hopefully they are all ok now.

About the colored icons, could you let me know what item or items are tinting the entire icon? I think it depends on the item as the icons I have tested in my player's inventory tint only the frame.

Thanks very much!

There is no option to switch to the test server build in steam. If I install the game again, using the non-steam installer, can I get to the test server from there still?

Hi Aulus,

To connect to the Test Server through Steam, follow the instructions here

If you have any questions about it, let me know. Thanks!

overlapping text and client crash on test server

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hi Aulus,

To connect to the Test Server through Steam, follow the instructions here

If you have any questions about it, let me know. Thanks!
    I tried that but there are no versions listed to select on the betas tab of the properties of the game in steam, just the option to not join beta. I went ahead and re-downloaded and installed the game into the same location i've had the non-steam version installed for years before updating the game client and loading the test server.

Here are my PC Specs:
    CPU : AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X (first gen)
    Ram : 32GB DDR4 2666
    Graphics : Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
    Monitor : LG GSM76F9 UltraWidescreen
    Resolution : 2560 x 1080 (borderless mode)

So far I have found two issues on the test server.

Issue One :
    Some screens have overlapping text. For example, when I right-click on my "quest totem" and select "Quests" and then click "new quest" the third line down has overlapping text which I can only guess is the status and a new expiration field. This happens even with the scaling set to 100. See the attached xsyon-new-quest_scaling-100.JPG.

For comparison, if I load the live version of the game I don't see overlapping text here. See attached xsyon-new-quest_no-scaling.JPG.

Note : When opening two windows at once such as tribe and social the navigation buttons at the bottom appear to have this same effect however in this case what you are seeing is the text from the background window partially visible behind the labels for the window in the foreground due to the window being designed to be see-through. A nice touch when the only thing in the background is the game but makes it hard to read the labels until one decides to move one of the windows.
    In the case above with the new quest there is actually no text in the window behind and moving the new quest window doesn't make the issue go away.

Issue two :
    Any time I try to set a value for settings in a quest such as title, goal, or time limit once I hit "apply" the game crashes with no error presented. Viewing the crash log I see that this happened when a "Programm Fault occured" (Access Violation").
    In the live version of the game the same thing does not happen, I'm able to create quests without issue. See attached 'Xsyon-crash-logs.zip' which includes the client, launcher, and crash logs from right after I generated this crash by trying to set the title on a new quest to "Test quest" (all other settings left at default)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xsyon-new-quest_scaling-100.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xsyon-new-quest_no-scaling.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	779  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aulus; 11-28-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    I had a look at the scaling UI for my res of 2560 x 1600 for the most part the scaling works, the text looks good,
    but there was an issue with containers and slots. the image of the container slots does not scale with the image of the container,
    and this also effected selection of slots outside this mask.

The pre selected scales I could select were 100%, 116.67%, 133.33%, 150%, 166.67%, 183.33%, 200%

this happened at all scales except 100%

also i believe you intended for just the background of the item to reflect power rather then saturating the whole icon with that colour.

Ive posted a set of images at each scale showing the issue with containers, please have a look

https://imgur.com/a/UQHjG0g
    in the images i posted that Sego Lilley is supposed to white, but the petals are all overwashed with purple (being their power of 1), same with the strawberry ( although the red on the guts is fine)

Chojinuk, thanks! That helps so I can look at the specific items.

I've patched fixes for:

1) Overlapped text in the new Quest Dialog / Panel.

2) Crashes in the Quest Panel when applying changes.

3) I changed the behavior of the description input in the Quest Panel. You should be able to backup to a previous line now.

Also, I corrected the order of steps to connect to the Test Server through Steam. Steps 5 and 6 were switched and I've added a note to clarify why.

If there are any other issues, let me know.

Thanks!

The F keys binding has moved down one space in the Bindkey menu. Basketry is now N2, Bonecraft is F1, etc. Eat is bound to F11 but it is actually Arch in game.
    Last edited by Wilson423; 12-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.

I've patched this build to the main servers so we can continue testing and fixing issues found there.

1) I fixed the issue with the Key Bind panel incorrectly displaying the keys for Craft actions (Basketry etc.)

2) About icons that tint the entire icon instead of just the frame: Is anyone else seeing this? For me the icons are rendering correctly. I checked the Sego Lily and Strawberry and for me only the frame renders in color. I've checked with a few Guides and they also are not seeing the problem. If this is still rendering incorrectly for some players with the live build I will look into it further.

Thanks!