06/03/2021 - Feedback Request - Craft Panel - Test Server

The Test Server is up with a new version of the craft panel. To check this out simply click on the Craft icon (as usual). Instead of opening a secondary panel of icons, the main craft panel will open.

Here are a few improvements with this craft panel.

1) Select a craft from a list of icons on the left side of the panel, instead of opening a new panel for each craft.

2) The skills (and your current skill values) used for a selected craft appear in the title bar.

3) Available tools and materials for a selected item will display in the craft panel so that you don't have to dig through your packs.

4) Once a scheme is filled, a description of the resulting crafted object will appear, including quality, duration and bonuses. This will allow you to gauge what tools and materials to use before crafting the object.

I'm still testing and working on this panel. One thing I may add is the ability to draw tools and materials from an attached cart (and later possibly an attached building that would be set up as a crafting station).

If you find any problems or would like to see additional features to this panel please post in this thread.

Also, are any of you interested in keeping the old system in place? I could set up a options switch for players that want to continue using the current crafting panels although I personally prefer the new panel.

Thanks!

I love it. It feels very intuitive and you automatically know if you have the right tool on you. I like being able to read the long list of schematics but the window itself gets in the way if I have to move to fetch materials. Not sure if making it transparent or collapsible is an option or not.
    My biggest suggestion is move the unlearn button far away from the search bar. I almost had a disaster.

*EDIT* Just noticed I can close and open window without losing any information put in, so I can live with that.
    Last edited by Wilson423; 06-03-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Looks perfekt..Nice... and new player can see what Stats needed for all the things..
    Then a simple Smelter where we can smelt all metal and create a different metal..

About the unlearn button, since there is a confirmation dialog, I think it's fine. I'll set up a transparent panel option later (I can have a setting for transparent / opaque backgrounds for all panels).

So far nobody's reported any problems with this Crafting Panel. I'll check through it some more over the weekend then patch it publicly next week.

Thanks!

Ok. I brought it up because I naturally click the first button to the right when using a search bar.

Could there be any way to respec all your skills on the test server ?

It would be nice to test bows and ranged and taming without having to painstakingly earn each 0.1 point, also a speed up of stat/xp/skill gain would make the test server something to look forward to testing, maybe this is in place now but i have no clue how to access it

Quote Originally Posted by dcosper View Post
    Could there be any way to respec all your skills on the test server ?
    Unfortunately there is no way to respec skills on any server right now. The bows work the same at any skill level however. The higher skill just does more damage but the functionality doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by dcosper View Post
    also a speed up of stat/xp/skill gain would make the test server something to look forward to testing, maybe this is in place now but i have no clue how to access it
    I think I should speed those up in general. Balancing the game and making it not so difficult is my main goal right now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to respec skills on any server right now. The bows work the same at any skill level however. The higher skill just does more damage but the functionality doesn't change.

I think I should speed those up in general. Balancing the game and making it not so difficult is my main goal right now.

Thanks!
    Yeah man, as always i am in awe of your coding skills, my personal opinion is alchemy with potions that buff xp, stat gain, skills, etc, would rock, but that is a whole new system, as far as i am concerned you have the best crafting of any game, just need to stabilize and balance combat, i will see what else i can break in the meantime