Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

06/21/2021 - Feedback Request - Interface Updates - Main Servers

The Main Servers are up with changes I've made to the Interface and interactions so far. Here's what can be checked and tested:

Edit 06/23/2021: The following changes have been patched to the Main Servers as no problems were reported. If you encounter any issues with the current patch, please post here.

1) Top menu mode.

When selecting an object or creature, the buttons for interacting with the object show up at the top of the screen as part of the selection / interaction panel (removing the need for right clicking the object).

You can switch between this Top Menu mode and Right Click mode using the Menu Mode option in the Options panel.

2) Escape key.

Hitting the Escape key with an object or creature selected should simply clear your selection. Hitting the Escape key with nothing selected will bring up the Logout / Exit / Help panel as usual. Hitting the Escape key with that panel open should just close the panel.

3) Selection in combat mode.

You can now select and interact with objects in combat mode. While in combat mode, hovering the mouse cursor over an object should show 'Press and hold E to interact'. Pressing E will select the highlighted object or creature and display the top menu of interaction buttons. Holding E temporarily allows you to use the cursor in Interface mode. Using a button that brings up a secondary panel (Permissions, Label, etc.) will still you in Interface mode until you are done with that panel.

Pressing E with nothing highlighted will deselect your current selection.

This should make combat mode function more like the standard mode in most 'survival sandbox' games. I may eventually set up a centered radial button menu instead of the top buttons as an option.

4) Removed timer bar and animations on:
    - Opening a container
    - Setting locks on a building / container
    - Setting permissions on a building / container

5) Cart closing.

Using / attaching a cart automatically closes the open cart and associated open cart containers.

6) Additional hot keys

Hot keys / key binds have been set up for the Pet commands and Packs.

Hot keys for the various separate crafts have been removed from the key bind panel as I will be patching the new combined crafting panel instead.

7) Selection change.

While in standard Interface (non combat) mode if you have a selected object and are holding down both the right and left mouse buttons to move around, releasing the left button won't deselect your current selection.

8) Q & E Turns removed.

I removed the default Q & E keys to turn your character as I think they are confusing and are not really the best way to turn. Players should be holding down the right mouse button and using the mouse to turn.

Does anyone here use Q & E? I've completely removed them for now but if anyone wants them in as an option I could set that back up.
    Last edited by Xsyon; 06-23-2021 at 12:14 PM.

I think it is perfect

"Does anyone here use Q & E? I've completely removed them for now but if anyone wants them in as an option I could set that back up." I rebinded them, q for combat mode and e to parry. Also shift for sprint, x to walk. More convinient. And don't belive that anyone is using q and e for turning.

I can probably get use to playing with out it, but i do then to use Q & E. When you hold the middle mouse button to look you can no longer turn, so you need Q and E to turn.

They can be left unbound and people can just go in and configure the option if they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I can probably get use to playing with out it, but i do then to use Q & E. When you hold the middle mouse button to look you can no longer turn, so you need Q and E to turn.

They can be left unbound and people can just go in and configure the option if they want it.
    Do you usually use the middle mouse button to look around instead of the right button? It was intended to be used specifically when players want to look around without turning their character, while when they do want to turn they just use the right mouse button.

About crafting window :"If the real issue is just that the panel covers the screen, I could make the panel more transparent or set it an option for the panel to be more transparent." Yes, it covers almost quarter of screen in UI scale 100 and can't see if i'm close enough to needed container to open it. Making it transparent could be great.

I have had an issue that has occurred twice, although so far i am unable to force it to happen, so i will try to explain it.

The new crafting UI allows you to set the max craft-able items by clicking the forward button, if you have quite a number of different materials this changes, as even though there is a hardcoded max per item, the system will attempt to allow you to set the very max value you can, according to the amount of mats you have.

Meaning, if the max is 20, and i have a stack of 10, then the max i can select is 10, this all occurs before i select a stack of materials, i click max value, then go to find my materials by clicking the down button, and twice the entire client has crashed, as i am unable to reproduce it on command i can only make assumptions at this point, but i would assume it has to do with being able to select max before you select the stack of materials, i will get more time later to craft and see if i can get it to reproduce on command, but for now thats all i gots

Oh, err any way we can get a skill respec to try out bows ? i just got back to the game and with my current skill set it will take me a very long time to even try out ranged and bows as they are both 5.00 and the skills in which i can gain xp are kinda limited without dropping other skills
    Last edited by dcosper; 06-24-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Do you usually use the middle mouse button to look around instead of the right button?
    I use both control methods it really depends on the situation, more often than not its when you are auto running and just need to make minor adjustments to your course.

Its a nice to have but not a need to have.

More on the crafting UI, i am pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to work, so i made a video i hope explains it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdrfBUPVI68

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I use both control methods it really depends on the situation, more often than not its when you are auto running and just need to make minor adjustments to your course.

Its a nice to have but not a need to have.
    Same and agree.

Also noticed, when harvesting a animal the tiles no longer disappear. After skinning the option to skin is still there but says resource already gathered or something like that. Letting you know incase that wasn't intentional.
    Last edited by Wilson423; 06-24-2021 at 07:29 PM.