I decided to take a hike to see if I could locate a better place to settle than my current spot. I travelled from zone 1021 back down to 979 and was exploring when I noticed an ancient pit bull was nosing up behind me. He followed me for several minutes. I tried to run from him (on a road) and he kept up with me without breaking a sweat. After a while, I decided to ignore him and continue searching around. All of a sudden, I started hearing a thud sound and before I knew it he had killed me.

It's bad enough I have to keep my eyes open (pun intended) for creatures that would apparently be aggressive. But to have a dog (mans best friend?) approach me in a friendly manner, follow me for a good distance, and then turn on me for no apparent reason (I never once tried to attack him), attack and kill me is a bit too much.

Can something please be done about the pet AI or whatever is causing this friendly turned deadly-on-a-dime behavior? I appreciate not having to go get my gear, but now I have to do the entire hike all over again. It is extremely disruptive.

Thanks.