Annoying Pit Bulls

I decided to take a hike to see if I could locate a better place to settle than my current spot. I travelled from zone 1021 back down to 979 and was exploring when I noticed an ancient pit bull was nosing up behind me. He followed me for several minutes. I tried to run from him (on a road) and he kept up with me without breaking a sweat. After a while, I decided to ignore him and continue searching around. All of a sudden, I started hearing a thud sound and before I knew it he had killed me.

It's bad enough I have to keep my eyes open (pun intended) for creatures that would apparently be aggressive. But to have a dog (mans best friend?) approach me in a friendly manner, follow me for a good distance, and then turn on me for no apparent reason (I never once tried to attack him), attack and kill me is a bit too much.

Can something please be done about the pet AI or whatever is causing this friendly turned deadly-on-a-dime behavior? I appreciate not having to go get my gear, but now I have to do the entire hike all over again. It is extremely disruptive.

Thanks.

Next time this happens try feeding and tame him. If you fail he will run away. If you succeed you have a new best friend. Or just feed it something it wont like.

Sorry this happened but its part of the game. I too suffer from attacks by the pittys and rottys. First timein a zone I wanted to be in 2 ran up to me all friendly. And then I was a snack.

According to the Wiki:

Pitbull
    Slightly more dangerous and aggressive animal than the previous two. Will often attack when hungry enough.

Rottweiler
    Another more aggressive dog. Be weary around these critters.

I have found that if you give them a good swat they tend to run away too. *whap* "Bad Doggo!!"

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Lilitheve

Just feed them, if they 'like' you, they wont snack you

Note to self: Don't forget to pack some kibble for the road. Sheesh....

Ok, thanks all.