Hello everyone!

The Test Server is running a revised scavenging system that I would you to check out.

Instead of actively clicking the Scavenge icon and coming up with a random result, this system runs the scavenge function automatically as you wander around and adds the found items to a list. The items show up as Resource icons (along with Grass and other standard resources). Up to 5 scavenged resources can show up. You can then click or use the hot key for each scavenged resource if you want to actually gather it.

Ideally it would be great if the available scavenged resources would appear on the ground and the player could pick them up, but that's not viable right now.

For now, if players like where I'm going with this I will do the same for Foraging.

I am also considering some further improvements and changes:

- Three gathering modes: Standard, Scavenging and Foraging. In Standard mode only the base resources like Grass, Granite etc. show up. In Scavenging mode either only scavenged items or base resources plus scavenged items would show up. In Foraging mode either only foraged items or base resources plus forged items would show up. Scavenging and Foraging modes would slightly affect movement speed. You would switch between the modes by clicking an icon or selecting a hot key for that icon. The icon could be either where the Scavenge icon currently is or next to the Hide icon.

- Scavenge settings. Scavenge settings would all players more control over what they are scavenging for. The settings would be an additional panel that would open from the Skill panel. You would have a list of groups to focus on such as Building Materials, Cloth, Metal, Schemes etc. The higher your skill, the more groups would be available for you to fine tune what you are looking for.

- Currently the Resource bar has icons for Scavenging, Foraging and 5 Resources. With this updated system I could remove the Scavenging and Foraging icons and have 7 (or 8) Resources instead.

This is a first draft of this type of system. I'm still testing it out myself. All feedback is welcome on this and I'd like to know if everyone would prefer this type of system or what's currently in place.

My goal is to make Scavenging and Foraging less tedious and have players better find what they are looking for without loading their packs with junk they don't want.