12/07/2021 - Feedback Request - Full Terrain - Test Server

The full Xsyon terrain is currently available for players to check out on the Test Server!

Much thanks goes out to the volunteer players that have been helping smooth out errors and finalize the terrain so that it can be ready for public release.

Below is a map of the full Xsyon world. The area in blue has been retouched by volunteer players, artists (years ago) and myself. The rest of the world is being worked on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xsyon_world_grid_test.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	798

Here's how you can help:

- Wander around the expanded world and let me know if you find any problematic areas. Typical problems that we had to fix include jagged edges around rivers, unnatural stepped terrain that needs to be smoothed and spikes or other anomalies in the terrain.

- I've set up several player commands that will help you move around the world:
    /teleport x z zone (for example /teleport 300 200 1074)
    /tp x z zone

Keep in mind that zones are 1024 x 1024 meters so any numbers outside that range will not work.

- If you would like to help finish the remaining zones please contact me via the Help Desk

There are still a few steps to finalize this massive terrain expansion but at least the coding is done. Scavenge tables are set up but need to be adjusted but not much more is left to do before I can release this.

Enjoy!

Xsyon Citizen
    zone 874 X 725 Z 1022 << pretty sure that's what you mean by stepped terrain.

zone 1055 x509z618 grass looks like alien planet surface. I know no other way to describe.
    Last edited by Zerran; 02-05-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Found a patch of tar. Pretty cool. Are you going to leave those in game? zone 1053 x818 z736

I'll have the players that have been working on updating these zones check those anomalies.

The 'alien' surface was originally intended to serve as areas that would cause creatures to mutate once the mist is removed but I think we'll just remove all of those for now.

The tar areas may remain in game and be added to more zones but we'll see once all (or enough) zones are smoothed out and nearly ready for release.

If anyone else wants to join in editing terrain, please contact me via the help desk

Not much is left to check and edit. The large eastern area is nearly ready for me to patch so all that's left is the southern most 6 rows of zones.

Thanks!

Don't want to spoil myself on the test server but looks great.