03/21/2022 - Feedback Request - Top Suggestions

Hello everyone!

As I am wrapping up the latest big features in progress (Terrain Expansion and the War System) I will soon have time to work on minor improvements based on your suggestions.

I am looking for feedback on what small improvements current players are most looking for.

If you can, please look through the current Suggestions forum and let me know which improvements resonate the most for you. Or, if you have suggestions that you'd really like to see in game but are not currently in that list, please add your suggestion to the forum.

My focus will be on improved playability, ease and balance but I'd very much like to hear what you guys would most like to see.

I will be working on changes that are most feasible, so for now that means nothing that would require a lot of new artwork or any large systems.

Thanks!

Make tools effect quantity and quality for resource gathering:

pick for rocks
    sickle for grass
    rake for cones/leaves/twigs/branches
    axe add quality to logs

I dont know if it's been suggested or if it's a good idea.
    I think we need more npc action to help when the player base is offline and few are on. Not just focused on something new but expanding what is here like letting this war zone have event focused problems like a swarm of a specific enemy or when players reach global milestones like mine (X) amount then creatures focused around this look will appear near bases with affects that degrade your buildings to small degrees unless they are killed. If any event is successful then reward with the opposite affect or buff to help push success. You could even focus it based on the players in the event or area of affect. Then introduce random traders to add peculiar items to help but you have to find them in the world, which gets people exploring. Finally with modified building structures we can build to add effects to our defense or to our efficient farms or small cities people have demonstrated they enjoy making.

if it makes me enjoy doing the normal grind and enjoy gameplay then im down, but if its more grind then its more content but without a story or without friends or without some game interaction. I dont claim to be right but its my take on something that i think will add to the game
    Last edited by delpapa; 03-27-2022 at 10:57 AM.

also different foods, anything i can cook and get a buff from, but style gets points

A lot more different foods would be fun, and using different methods certainly could add more flavor to the cooking game within this game, such as grills, stoves, ovens, etc. They don't have to do their stat boosts completely differently, but the flavors could cook differently so you can get more creative or completely different combinations of cooking and bonuses compared to kebabs.

- Too many dogs, not enough venison.
    - Creatures are still OP in my opinion.
    Last edited by Eyesgood; 02-06-2023 at 12:45 PM.

- Strongly need a torch or lamp in the slot weapons or as a separate element equipment for comfortable exploration territories at night.

- I would like to see rare strong revenants with weapons, several high quality equipment with bonus stats available for loot after defeating them.

- Available from the start for crafting complete a set of one of the tools styles lower quality, for access to all activities.

- Available from the start tied to character, an immortal non-combat mount, and a set of schemes open from the start, for crafting wagons of one of the styles of the lower level, for the desire of new players travel across territories.

- reducing the cost of construction and open from the start all schemes at least one style or all in architecture, for feeling home comfort and disclosure of creative potential of new players.

- Basic set of furniture table, chair and bed.

- Available from start to craft one view of each fighting style weapon.

- Training dolls for pumping weapon skill.

- Dyes for cloth armor instead of available for extraction on garbage heaps of colored fabrics.

I don't agree with most of the stuff you mention to have available from start. The point is to work towards the things we need or want, and choose skills we find would suit us and others, as well as to work with many others. You can't really be completely reliant on yourself.

Furniture would absolutely be an imperative addition. I think dyes would be pretty great for control of better colors so we can use the material we scavenge more freely. Stronger rarer Revenants would be a really fun and great challenge with a great reward of that kind of weapon.

I don't think reducing the cost of construction is a good idea. It takes a lot of work on all ends to be able to build what you want, and it's sorta needed to be a bit fair.

We shouldn't really have training dummies, and if we do, they shouldn't go that high.

Having a mount from the start is not really necessary, we can work for it with taming pretty well as is. You just need to have the will to work towards it.

I still strongly hold that I want more cooking options available in the game. The cooking system itself is great as is, but having more than kabobs available would make it even better, such as sandwiches, soups, etc.

Honestly, the sense of immersion is almost there, but it lacks some things. Lighting is the most basic staple of any survival game. If we can build a campfire, we can make a torch. The animals should be on more of a curve with a lot less hit points. Your animals should be a partner in combat, not your primary weapon. Less hit points on animals from low danger areas, a moderate amount of additional hit points from medium danger areas, and so on. Of course as the danger goes up, so should the aggression level of the animals, thus making it difficult to get high hit point animals early on in game. A little more pronounced character development would be a plus up to say like level 50 on skills. ie, faster leveling to that point will feel like less of a grind and keep new players around longer. Just some basics for now. Maybe I will share more later.

I forgot one thing... wild birds. A couple of birds here and there would add a lot more immersion as well. They don't even have to be interactive, just enough to give that living world feel.