Thread: Grafic Update

Grafic Update

Hi Jordi...hi Community,

Could you show us weekly photos of the graphics update if it is not so much work?
    We players could thereby also help to give feedback and also suggestions which textures one does not like in the game.

- With me it is every time the gray granite texture of the mountains

Please share your textures that keep bothering you and also suggestions on how to bump up the graphics additionally?

For example: maybe with speedtree more bushes

Howdy,

When the graphics look different, yes, I will.

Right now I'm still updating the graphics code. The changes in DirectX really are drastic so it's a complete rewriting of almost every graphic element. I haven't yet changed any textures and haven't started implementing the latest SpeedTree (that will be the last step in the code once the engine is completely updated).

So for now, the graphics don't look any different in screen shots. There are only minor differences such as shadows are a bit better connected to the objects and off screen buildings and objects cast objects into the scene.

Once I'm done with the code update and start updating textures and SpeedTree I will post what's ready on the Test Server and I will post screenshots.

To give an idea of textures that I am considering for ground surfaces, I have purchased pretty much every texture from this site

You can view what the latest SpeedTree looks like on their website here but we'll see what it looks like when integrated into the Xsyon terrain and engine. I do plan to add bushes and ground cover to replace the current grass system.

So, there's still quite a bit to be done but I'm nearly done with the actual conversion which is the biggest step.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Howdy,

When the graphics look different, yes, I will.

Right now I'm still updating the graphics code. The changes in DirectX really are drastic so it's a complete rewriting of almost every graphic element. I haven't yet changed any textures and haven't started implementing the latest SpeedTree (that will be the last step in the code once the engine is completely updated).

So for now, the graphics don't look any different in screen shots. There are only minor differences such as shadows are a bit better connected to the objects and off screen buildings and objects cast objects into the scene.

Once I'm done with the code update and start updating textures and SpeedTree I will post what's ready on the Test Server and I will post screenshots.

To give an idea of textures that I am considering for ground surfaces, I have purchased pretty much every texture from this site

You can view what the latest SpeedTree looks like on their website here but we'll see what it looks like when integrated into the Xsyon terrain and engine. I do plan to add bushes and ground cover to replace the current grass system.

So, there's still quite a bit to be done but I'm nearly done with the actual conversion which is the biggest step.
    Thx for the fast answer...

Hello, Jordi. How is the work coming along?

Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesgood View Post
    Hello, Jordi. How is the work coming along?
    Really looking forward to all the graphical updates, especially the trees. Do you expect the updates to drop before the end of the year?

Nice..hope the old granite Textures are away

and my post: if it were feasible through PC VR on the Quest 3 would be the cream of the crop and a boost in revenue

I'd really like to see the graphics changed