Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Xsyon Community Role Player's Site

RP threads can be great but you always get someone that comes along and spoils it. One time we had a great one running on the RV forums, we got it planned out and some of it was played out in game too, but it ended up being trashed!
    I would love to see a good RP thread that doesnt get trashed.

Re:Xsyon Community Role Player's Site

inferno3387 wrote:
    I would never suggest buying a domain with a - (dash) in it. Try to think of another name that works IMO.
    This ^^ AND:
    Never publicly advertise what domain you "plan" on buying.

Many people look for these then register it to stop you from doing so, they will then sell it for more nad such.

I agree that we should focus the RP community's effort on this forum as soon as the Admins give us a spot for it. Of course we all should hope that any people who go into an RP forum to trash it and mock roleplayers will be dealt with by the moderators of that forum( That is why moderators exist afterall) with posibly a permanent ban from taht specific forum, as well as an automatic delete of his post.

I have also experienced the difficulties of moving part of a community to another site. Most Rpers are more mature players who have busy RL and already juggle between this forum, their Tribe's forum and the game. And since we, as Rpers, dont spend our gaming hours running around naked and jumping afk people, we tend to use a lot more of our time productivilly, not only roleplaying but planning plots, events and setting goals.

With all this I mean that we usually lack the time to control whats happening at yet another forum.

I'd vote for a centralized community here, on these forums. If other people dont like RP they can make their own separate (insert any other MMO activity here) community website.

I claim a Tribal Totem for the RP COmmunity on top of these Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redwyne

Ok, so Lag is dicreasing, game is getting more stable. Are we ready to round up the rpers and start pushing for something? At least forum wise I believe we should ask for a place of our own (RP forum) and ask that at least it gets slightly moderated to keep trolls at bay.

Its time for RP community inside the Xsyon community to get organized. Dont you all think?

Hmmm appears as tho this thread is dead shame would be nice to have some RPing in the works

I just resurrected it and you showed up, so that means its not dead

Xsyon Citizen
    The Wolverines have set up http://www.newvegasrepublic.com as an RP site. We welcome anyone and everyone to join, not necessarily the NVR, but the community and get some RP going.

We also have http://news.newvegasrepublic.com set up as a newspaper and a radio. We'll be focussing on RP and hop to make the radio station more in-character to encourage RP.

Sweet sounds great im gonna check this site out

First, big <3. SWG vet, charmed so far, carebear but not QQ, dying a lot and having a lot of fun. Built for shaman/horse tamer, and someday the PKs will kiss my feet. Meanwhile, I just travel light...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Also to note while this is all good we want RPing to be done in game ironically enough :silly:

This r not a MUD :silly:
    I can tell it's not a MUD. You know why? MUDs have better chat systems for RPers.

I will not RP except in /t until the chat system (a) works as advertised (i.e. fewer doubled letters, using a slash command consistently works,...); and (b) range is more nuanced (i.e. spatial chat carries 10-15 feet); and (c) there is group chat or chat channels (preferably with kick rights).

May I suggest taking one of the IRC channels with a BSD 3-clause or similar license and patching it in? Many are very small/efficient, they are all very familiar, and give real flexibility. It would also conceivably open up things like outside connections to the chat server for those times when one is on a bus from NYC to Boston and needs to check in as an officer on an iphone.

Meanwhile, I'd love to start a Ghost Dance cult on the RP forums, tyvm! Lets see an official one!