Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre-purchase, never again

I pre-ordered StarTrek and it was a big flop! Sony rushed the program to get as much money as they could. They wanted you to pre-order to become part of the beta testing. 2 weeks after beta testing began they wanted to go live even though it was obvious the game was not ready. I dont mind beta testing a program but I will never pay to beta test again. If I cant beta test for free, I will wait for the finished product and reviews befor I put down my cash.

Re:Pre-purchase, never again

Post in Off Topic next time?

Ok thats a horse to bet, but i'm in with any game that has pre-pay and seems to be ok for me. Star-trek was a nice flop for me but anyway i have the nice little case of it in my bookshelf with all other mmo's i have been playing during 12 years

Hope to see you inside when it's alive

His first post and it was that?

Anyhow I also pre purchased STO and played the early start. I got to max level in 2 weeks (some of my fleet mates got it in 2 days) and before the month was up, I had all the "Epic" gear and was at maximum effectiveness. In other words I BEAT an mmo in 2 weeks. What a failure, especially because I am a huge ST fan.

This is why sandbox games will always win in the end. The beginning hype may be less but the survivability is undeniable.

Hello Rex:

Just a little side note, Jooky has no intent on releasing this game until all the features are in and working. Like you he has played many mmos, WoW and UO to name some and has been in game development for multiple years. He has seen the mistakes made by giant companies like EA and has also seen what works.

Taking this knowledge that he has gained, along with a bit of common sense, he has creates a successful road map to how he plans to do things.

Currently in game is nothing but basics: fighting, some crafting, logging, scavenging, and resource gathering. The game will remain in this state until the core bugs such as instability and any mem leaks have been routed out. Once they have and he is satisfied that the server will not randomly crash he will then add another feature and start the whole process over again, test until he is happy everything is fine then add another feature.

Once all the features listed are in game it will go live.

However, you are more then welcome to wait. I think a trial version is planned for some time in the summer.

Yah, I've gotten burned myself a few times, but, the hope for an excellent sandbox games still remains burning!!

Also, as a guild leader, I have to be on of the first ones in to help organize things, so I usually do the pre-order.

Silifaira wrote:
    Yah, I've gotten burned myself a few times, but, the hope for an excellent sandbox games still remains burning!!

Also, as a guild leader, I have to be on of the first ones in to help organize things, so I usually do the pre-order.
    I think I remember you guys from Mortal Online.

DHOV is in Darkfall online as well....

Yep, we are in both, though, I have not been active myself much in MO.

Rex Garvin wrote:
    I pre-ordered StarTrek and it was a big flop! Sony rushed the program to get as much money as they could. They wanted you to pre-order to become part of the beta testing. 2 weeks after beta testing began they wanted to go live even though it was obvious the game was not ready. I dont mind beta testing a program but I will never pay to beta test again. If I cant beta test for free, I will wait for the finished product and reviews befor I put down my cash.
    I certainly understand the sentiment, but you need to keep some of the facts straight. Star trek is Atari and Cryptic, Sony has nothing whatsoever to do with it.