Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:How is Storeage?

Kunra wrote:
    Ciik wrote:
    Not today, but Im hoping it hasn't been implemented, like the creation of a crate and extra bags.
    Storeage isnt good enough as things stand now?

How bad is it?
    Heh. I really cant dignify that with a response.

I am guessing that crafters that choose basketry will eventually be able to make baskets!

With the number of items you need simply to craft (I'm at 5 tools right now for the beginner stuff) then add to that the materials (usually 3-4 types at once to make something, then add to that multiple stacks needed for failures, etc)... the CURRENT storage... sucks. If you're going to try and do any sorting of salvage spots.. you're kind of out of luck as you need 4 empty slots free to do it. Which get filled up QUICKLY.

That being said, there are slots for more bags. Maybe different bags have more slots within them as well. No idea at this point. So with the upcoming ability to have perm(sort of?) storage as well as more bags, etc... we SHOULD be ok. We'll see how it plays out, it's just not something we've been able to test yet.

Trekkan wrote:
    With the number of items you need simply to craft (I'm at 5 tools right now for the beginner stuff) then add to that the materials (usually 3-4 types at once to make something, then add to that multiple stacks needed for failures, etc)... the CURRENT storage... sucks. If you're going to try and do any sorting of salvage spots.. you're kind of out of luck as you need 4 empty slots free to do it. Which get filled up QUICKLY.

That being said, there are slots for more bags. Maybe different bags have more slots within them as well. No idea at this point. So with the upcoming ability to have perm(sort of?) storage as well as more bags, etc... we SHOULD be ok. We'll see how it plays out, it's just not something we've been able to test yet.
    Thanks for elaborating on that, Trek. True.

Seems max storeage has not been implimented yet.

Any news from the Devs on Storeage?

Considering we are limited to 1 character per account(least thats what I read), the use of "Mules" for storeage is out of the question.

What form of storeage are we looking at?

Am I going to be able to "hoard" or am I going to have to be selective with what I Gather?

I found another cloth bag, but there seems no way to equip it or open it. This is in addition to the one which is my 'backpack'.
    So I'm guessing the extra bag slots aren't switched on?

I filled my bag with scavenged goods and had to throw some away

I know I know only testing still makes me want to cry

Ruinous wrote:
    I found another cloth bag, but there seems no way to equip it or open it. This is in addition to the one which is my 'backpack'.
    So I'm guessing the extra bag slots aren't switched on?
    We assume. What you found was a disposable characters bag. Some player who can choose only one crafting skill, but needs a tool of another crafting skill profession, creates a mule character with that tool, logs-in, drops the bag, logs-out and logs-in his main, takes the tool(s) he wants and moves on, then deleting his mule.

The bags stay in the world.

kiwiitis wrote:
    I filled my bag with scavenged goods and had to throw some away

I know I know only testing still makes me want to cry
    :S