Problem with downloading. Alternative source?

Hi,

I was very excited to get my invite-email two days ago, and started downloading immediately. First off, I have to mention I come from South Africa, where our bandwidth is severely shaped. It takes me about a day to download 2gig. It appears that when the patcher/launchers loses connection, it freezes, and doesn't resume when the connection returns. Now, it took me about 24 hours to download Zone.xsip file... only to discover this morning when I came to my computer it was stuck at 1.94 GB out of 2GB, and did not move. The only option I had was to restart the launcher, and when I did.. IT STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN! Sigh. Is there any way you can support resume on the launcher? Also, is there by any chance an alternate source where I can download this file from(http/ftp/torrent)?

Thanks in advance

Re:Problem with downloading. Alternative source?

We will try to set up both options when we can.

First the resuming of downloads. We have a lot going on right now, but this is on our list!

Thanks \\o/

Xsyon wrote:
    We will try to set up both options when we can.

First the resuming of downloads. We have a lot going on right now, but this is on our list!
    What about an alternative source for downloading the client?

I was granted access to the the beta client a few days back, but have yet to fully download the game without a crash midway through. It just refuses to complete the download.

Now that I've located the data files, I could probably start seeding a torrent of my Data folder.

[edit] doh, i'm an idiot... i forgot that the patcher validates the files! i'll be back with a torrent file, as soon as it finishes compressing ~4gigs of data... lol

ok- torrent file up, i'm seeding. i've attached the torrent as an image to this post because i can't attach a file, and I don't currently have a webserver open to the internet.

if this works, you can trim off the .jpg and you'll have a valid zip file of the Data folder.

[edit] it didn't work. it probably does a more sophisticated file type check. PM me if you want the .torrent file.

just a note enki: please make sure you delete the files from the save folder so they do not have extra junk in there.

Another note: if anyone does you this and has any problems you may have to reinstall