Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terraforming and all it's possibilities

So I watched TheMap's terraforming video, maybe multiple of them, who knows, and it got me thinking of a couple questions.

1.) If you dig down, when there is no water around, will the space fill up with water, i.e. default when group is below ground level
    2.)With D represent dirt and / representing a log
    DDDD
    D....../
    D...../
    D..../
    D.../
    D../
    D./
    D/
    D
    Can I add dirt onto the log in open space if there is no dirt underneath? If yes answer next question, if no, ignore.
    2a.)Can a log go from point (0,-6) to say (1, -4) or does it only allow certain angles?
    3.)How high can you build?
    4.)How long to do each improvement?

Ok, reason I ask is that I want to, in my head at least, create a dirt wall surrounded by a pit accessible by a log bridge being say 2 or 3 logs long. If ground dug under ground level fills up with water, then that plan won't work. Oh, did I mention somehow filling the pit with vicious [spoiler]"Go for the eyes"[/spoiler]

Thanks in advance, and yes, I know it's insane, but, hey, maybe I'll finally be able to create my own secret lab, errr....ignore that

Re:Terraforming and all it's possibilities

Hey, mate, I tried hard but I can't make a sense of question 2 and the nice graphics you painted...

Where is up or down? Where is the space you were talking about? That between "D" and "/"?

EDIT: LOL so you injected javascript into the post...

ok, finally got the graph right, sigh, dang spaces wouldn't stay visible so I had to add some other character, and go from there. For question 2, I was assuming normal x,y coordinates with top left corner being (0,0). As to summarize the question, can I have a doorway and still have some more dirt over top of it, or would the log be the highest pt of the doorway

I do not believe it is possible to create multiple dirt layers with space between, if that's what you are asking. However until we see the final terraforming features, even that's in the air I suppose.

I'm not in-game, yet, but from what I can see on the trillions of videos on youtube I'd say that once you place a log (or other resource) on the ground you can't pile dirt over it. Also, this is not Wurm where digging yields "dirt".

If I could I would answer your questions, but I can't
    Wait and see, someone more intelligent then me will reply soon!

Farmerbob was able to understand what I was asking. Basically build up dirt in air, using the log as a base.

Ok, can't create my own dirt domed building, which would actually be underground, then. Sigh, There goes my secret lab...err, ignore you heard that. It was all just a dream

IakXastur wrote:
    Ok, can't create my own dirt domed building, which would actually be underground, then. Sigh, There goes my secret lab...err, ignore you heard that. It was all just a dream
    No, it's not! During WWII in Slovenia a secret lazaret was never found by the axis because it was hidden in a canyon with all trees around it. You could terraform so that from the outside it is nearly invisible, and then hope that nobody crosses your path...

the smaller it is the better!

if the land is large enough a secret hide-out should be possible.

can someone do a comparison between the land area (Tahoe lake excluded) in Xsyon and other games? like a continent in Wow or so?

Here's a little experiement project I did, for a proof of concept idea I had.

It's a little over 30 meters deep

Unfortunately, its now gone with the last terraforming reset.

I like it. Now make it huge and reverse it. Perfect spot for a village.