Thread: Customization

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Customization

I suggest that the following becomes an option for tribe land makings. Of course, the tribe needs to do a lot of technology researching and building in order for these features to become available as usual. The following I hope may spark some idea of where I am coming from and may help make the game more unlimited and free in sand boxing:

The idea is simply this:
    After building a building on tribal property, you will then be able to do the following:
    1. Name it and place a sign outside
    2. Design it with purposes outfitted by certain items (i.e. a warehouse by items that will help hold lumber and such or an offering box for a place to tithe or donate to the tribe.)
    or
    Design it with a purpose of being a marketplace, hotel, or something of that nature with boxing off areas and setting the amount per area that way your tribe gains money or renting houses and land for your members.

just a simple idea, but an idea nevertheless.

Re:Customization

Could be an interesting idea. I doubt, though, that we would get to be able to build inn's and marketplaces as much. Though I do like the idea of having the outside of a building "decorated" with tools of the trade.

Well, I do not mean that we should have premade buildings that we can place, but simply we can make our own and box off areas for trading, or for resting...something like that.

fortunado wrote:
    Well, I do not mean that we should have premade buildings that we can place, but simply we can make our own and box off areas for trading, or for resting...something like that.
    Like a farmers market Will be interesting what and how we can accomplish. I mean, we are the survivors that are re-establishing civilization and I would think that commerce along with buildings/structures to support commerce is one element of civilization building.

Exactly...not everyone will want to be in a tribe or be out of the way to trade somewhere relatively safe or the tribe just wants to give prime land for rent...so a tribe giving trading space or hotel space will help the tribe grow and help the community become more realistic.

I really like all ideas in this thread I totally agree with them =).

Only way I can see it being done, is if we could place pre-fabed walls and ceilings. Placing log by log would be....difficult programming, to the best of my knowledge). By giving us a few templates to work with, it could work very well. Just let us be able to build basements then, I don't know why I want one, but I want one and that's all there is to that.

But yes, let us have all the tools feasible to be as creative as we want with this game. Though give some options for "generic" items too, for those that just want to slap together a building and call it home.

IakXastur wrote:
    Only way I can see it being done, is if we could place pre-fabed walls and ceilings. Placing log by log would be....difficult programming, to the best of my knowledge). By giving us a few templates to work with, it could work very well. Just let us be able to build basements then, I don't know why I want one, but I want one and that's all there is to that.

But yes, let us have all the tools feasible to be as creative as we want with this game. Though give some options for "generic" items too, for those that just want to slap together a building and call it home.
    Not if one wants to rent land or rent a marketplace slot

You have to have somewhere to store your wine!! Who doesnt want a basement for that