About crafting and tools

Heya, dont know if it was allready talked about it, i didnt find it actually when i used search.

Suggestion about Crafting.

How would it be to make a right-click option at the crafting menue , so the system choose automaticly from your backpack a fitting tool or a resource and put it in the window? atm you must drag and drop each single item from backpack to the craft window, that would maybe not sooo bad if the mouse wouldnt move smothly (but thats another topic) and it would be maybe good to know for what reasons the crafting list is arranged? I suggest the weakest to build are the first one and the experienced crafting items are the last ones in the list?

Well just a suggestion about the crafting

Re: About crafting and tools

How would you solve the problem of having multiple tools or multiple resources that can fit into one slot?

Re: About crafting and tools

as Dioceltian is saying the crafting inn this game is made so that you can experiment meanting multiple tools and meterials fit into the same slots making it hard to do like you sugest

Re:About crafting and tools

I find it funny that the leathercrafter is so dependent on the tailorcrafter for materials. And there's the scarf in the leathercrafting recipes that uses no leather.

Plus the leathercrafters are given a leather punch, which no current recipe uses, yet almost all of them require a needle, which is not in the starter kit.

Well the tools itself shouldnt have a big influence, should say?

Other suggestion in that case would be, make a dropdown menue that checks what you got in your inventory to choose from.

As a example, you have 2 kind of leathers. So your dropdown menue shows the 2 kind of lethers to choose from after it checks what kind of leather you got in the backpack. Then you simply choose from it.

And yes, itīs only a suggestion! I know that it could be impossibly couse of a rewrite in some ways, but i think it would improve the crafting in that point that you dont need to drag&drop so mutch single things from inventory to craft window. Or, another suggestion: the Crafter Menue should have a window with the inventoryslots from your bag, so you dont have to arrange two windows and you would have a shorter drag&drop way.

Kitsume wrote:
    I find it funny that the leathercrafter is so dependent on the tailorcrafter for materials. And there's the scarf in the leathercrafting recipes that uses no leather.

Plus the leathercrafters are given a leather punch, which no current recipe uses, yet almost all of them require a needle, which is not in the starter kit.
    I found this rather interesting, too.

I understand the kind of - Leatherworker needs Cloth Straps - as it promotes cross-crafter transactions, but the fact there is really only a handful of recipes for each craft (talking actual items, not just twine, string, etc) we should at the very least start with the required tools for those crafts.

I've also found that trying random variable materials such as Denim cloth in place of Cotton cloth makes no visable difference, and as far as I can tell, has 0 effect on damage mitigation.

Essentially, yeah we can use interchangable materials .. but to no real avail, as it's the same as using the original required one.

I wanted to make a thread about this but I'll post it here.

Dragging tools and components
    It is unnecessary in my opinion, to drag things from your bag to the crafting window. All the items I need should be found in my bag by the game. For instance: I need 2 threads and I have 10 in my bag. In the crafting window I should have an icon of thread with number 10/2. If you want to leave it as it is for more realism, so we have to sort the components ourselves at least make it so the tools are selected automatically. Making few items in a row which require multiple tools is annoying.

Icons in crafting window
    Some icons are too similar to their black and white equivalent making it confusing. This mostly goes for tools as they don't have the counter. I'd suggest either green overlay over those items we have selected successfully or red overlay over items we haven't selected instead of black and white icon.

Tools distribution
    To be able to make things with my leathercrafter I had to make tailor and bonecrafter, drop their tools on the ground and take them with my leathercrafter. Leathercrafter lacks 2 tools in his start kit; needle and awl.
    Also I really dislike that making and deleting new chars is the main source of tools.

Things below are not related to crafting but not really deserve a thread.
    Mouse cursor
    It's too indistinctive. When it's dark the cursor is barely visible. When it's dark and snowing it's invisible. Current cursor is ok for menu but not for the game. I'd suggest same sprite but yellow theme by default. Green when you hover over items, red when you hover over players/npcs.

Sorting animation
    It looks like it's played 3 times when I start sorting something. The sound is played 3 times also.