Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: explore what?

Xsyon Citizen

Re:explore what?

Perhaps that was Stundorn's point JetJon. Currently the game lets you choose a couple skills in the creation window that aren't fully implemented (hunting/boneworking.) So which skills should you choose to focus testing? If it is your first time logging in you may not know. Which he explained that it was his first time logging into the game. If he picked skills that are available at creation but not implemented then when he logged into the game his only option was walking around.

I think right now your best bet is to just reroll and test other skills. In fact it is probably a good idea to use all the character slots and test as many skills as you can. If the skills you picked aren't available, don't worry. Just recreate and pick a new set of skills.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for an official thread with a focus topic. i.e. In this build we want you to test Menu Option, graphic settings, and xzy skill.

i suppose i never did get around to my main point.

my point was dont be afraid to rerole as much as you need. none of the work you do on your chair now will remain for very long. so play around, your job is to break the game now, so players cant do that later. so have fun, experiment, use your imagination and do some crazy stuff.

because none of this is supposed to be game play, only testing features. no one should have any need to flame another, one who is new will not know. so educate him, dont insult him.

Xsyon Citizen

Agree 100%

Also there is a vent channel available, get in there and talk to other players. If we can all make more of an effort to be in there we can help each other. I am sure it can be multi-lingual as well, I hopped in there one time and there was a couple of people in there speaking german.

Sabina wrote:
    Also there is a vent channel available, get in there and talk to other players. If we can all make more of an effort to be in there we can help each other. I am sure it can be multi-lingual as well, I hopped in there one time and there was a couple of people in there speaking german.
    I wish more people would use it. If no one is using it, thats $10 a month I am just throwing in the trash :S

You are AFK in there!!! sheesh

Sabina wrote:
    You are AFK in there!!! sheesh
    Yea I know I am AFK... don't have time to talk in there right now as I have to get up early in the morning for work (plus I am watching the last episode of the Pacific (its not that great ))

Make another character, focus on... Grass crafting and rusty metal chewing, you'll be in much better shape!

But really, choosing "hunting" when there isn't even an animal AI out yet wasn't the brightest idea. Just make another character if you can and work on that one, I hear they get wiped like 3 times a day anyway.

Quick-start suggestions for new players:
    [ul]
    [li]the world & chars will be wiped unexpectedly, so don't worry about leveling. just try to break and experiment with stuff.[/li]
    [li]if you want to collect lots of stuff, drop your starter bag somewhere clever, and go pick up another bag someone dropped. repeat as necessary.[/li]
    [li]if you need tools for a crafting profession, create a new char with the profession you need, log in with that char, and drop your starter bag. log in with your main, and grab that shit.[/li]
    [li]there are multiple types/qualities of things like thread, needles, craft knives, etc. try various combinations![/li]
    [li]terraforming is awesome, and if you pick terraforming, pick logging as well. You can do some interesting things![/li]
    [li]don't swim without stamina. you'll probably need moderate thirst/hunger bars for longer swims.[/li]
    [li]speaking of hungry/thirsty, food isn't enabled, so you'll have to reroll the char to get full stats[/li]
    [li]report bugs!![/li]
    [/ul]

this last post should be copied and stuck to the top of the first fourm a new join will see!