Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:The big list of refinements for the UI

sisler86 wrote:
    pid73 wrote:
    Loading times
    -------------
    Initial loading times are far too long. Especially "base trees" lasts too long. if there is a way, try to do this in the background while the game already is running. or at least provide a progress bar.
    I've been playing this game for a while now and have yet to have this issue. I don't think it's ever taken longer than a minute for my game to load, but you're not the first person I have seen post about this problem.......weird. Maybe your internet connection? :dry: idk

I do agree with most of the other things in this list. Not all of them respectfully. I don't want this game to have everything every other MMO out there has. I want this game to be unique but things like fixing the chat menu and tooltips are a must.
    My Internet connection is an 8 megabit ADSL, I normally DL stuff at 750-800kB/s. I don't think this is the problem.

The "base trees" phase has probably to do with SpeedTree from IDV.

I don't want to be this mmo similar to the others, either. But as you pointed out, some things are "essential". I admit that some refinements are less important than others.

pid73 wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    pid73 wrote:
    Loading times
    -------------
    Initial loading times are far too long. Especially "base trees" lasts too long. if there is a way, try to do this in the background while the game already is running. or at least provide a progress bar.
    I've been playing this game for a while now and have yet to have this issue. I don't think it's ever taken longer than a minute for my game to load, but you're not the first person I have seen post about this problem.......weird. Maybe your internet connection? :dry: idk

I do agree with most of the other things in this list. Not all of them respectfully. I don't want this game to have everything every other MMO out there has. I want this game to be unique but things like fixing the chat menu and tooltips are a must.
    My Internet connection is an 8 megabit ADSL, I normally DL stuff at 750-800kB/s. I don't think this is the problem.

The "base trees" phase has probably to do with SpeedTree from IDV.

I don't want to be this mmo similar to the others, either. But as you pointed out, some things are "essential". I admit that some refinements are less important than others.
    Some sort of map would be nice too. Nothing too specific, just something other than the coordinates to quickly pinpoint where you are.

I'd also l;ike a map but not the usual kind of map as seeing where everything is from the start would be unrealistic. Each tribe will have to explore, one way this could work is each tribe has it's own map (which players can access by hitting m or something), this map always displays everything the tribe controls. When a tribe member leaves tribe lands he starts exploring and his map gets updated with everywhere he goes. Everytime a tribe member returns to tribe lands, what he has found is then updated on the tribe map. (which adds it to all the members maps)

Thoughts?

Nails wrote:
    I'd also l;ike a map but not the usual kind of map as seeing where everything is from the start would be unrealistic. Each tribe will have to explore, one way this could work is each tribe has it's own map (which players can access by hitting m or something), this map always displays everything the tribe controls. When a tribe member leaves tribe lands he starts exploring and his map gets updated with everywhere he goes. Everytime a tribe member returns to tribe lands, what he has found is then updated on the tribe map. (which adds it to all the members maps)

Thoughts?
    That's a pretty unique idea. That's like the fog effect in many RTS games where you don't see what's there until you move units in that area, but this way it is done more collectively. What kind of map would be displayed? An actual representation map or more cartoony or drawn like showing rivers, geographical landmarks and such. I would like to see a more drawn representation where tribal leaders could add tribal notes to the map as well.

I do like my rts's

I like the notes idea.

There has been a cartography skill mentioned by the Devs. Who knows what that entails, but I would imagine it covers in game map-making.

The features listed here are *added* to the previous ones, listed in this same thread in 3 posts.

Some things have already gone into a patch, others have not and some never will.

Although the codebase is different (we are talking about 2 different versions of the game, now) I'll call this post simply "Part IV".

----------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Part IV of the "Big List of UI refinements".

1) When the login fails (e.g. server is down) the password field is cleared. There is no need for that, just let the password sit there as long as the client is not restarted.

2) Immediately after pressing "login" the client should read "Connecting..." or similar. Right now it simply "freezes" without any immediate feedback.

3) The options reachable from the login screen are okay (nice to see the layout more refined than it was before). The only problem is that it is not modal: you can enter username/password and click the buttons while the option screen is open. When doing so, all buttons on the option screen (especially "exit") do not work anymore. The Key Bindings screen has the same problem. If possible, the background of the two windows should be the same (the opaque from the options, on the glass pane buttons are less visible).

4) The "hands" on the toolbar are apparently not working anymore. When equipping items they are not updated and clicking or hotkeying them does not do anything.

5) tooltips on the hotbar for "-" and "=" are aligned differently than the other slots.

6) It would be cool if rivers would rise and fall by the seasons (low and slow in summer, high and fast in winter or better at winter's end when snow smelts).

7) When energy is halved sprinting is not possible. It should be, until energy is very very low or zero.

8) Try this: start fishing and immediately after exchange slots with a weapon. Fishing will continue and you will catch a fish with a... pick or axe or whatever While fishing moving the fishing pole should be impossible.

9) On some occasions the terrain is not rendered (it seems to be occluded). Example: stand in zone 211, Pos 279.86 | 613.09 and move camera around. The problem may be limited to the client when windowed at 1024x768 pixels.

10) Many items have excellent models and textures. It is sad that they are difficult to look at due to the camera modes. It would be GREAT to have a kind of "library" that allows to browse all items known up to that point and see the name, icon, description (maybe more values) and the rotating 3D model close-up.

11) Items do not stack nicely. Some stackable items are bugged and don't stack. When moving them one onto the other, one of them simply disappears. Also, allow for splitting them up again. When eating, only one of a stack is consumed.

12) When stepping on fire, get injured every 3/4 seconds, and after some 3/4 "hits" ignite the clothes, destroying them and further hurting the player.

Please email me this list. Thanks!

Would be nice if the back slot could be drag to the hotbar so i don't need to mantain always open the character inventory.
    Other windows aren't big than this and its not problem to keep them always open but that one its a bit annoying.

Sampy wrote:
    Would be nice if the back slot could be drag to the hotbar so i don't need to mantain always open the character inventory.
    Other windows aren't big than this and its not problem to keep them always open but that one its a bit annoying.
    The Packs window also displays your back slot. I only use inventory window for equipping items.