Seems impossible to build a bridge. . .

. . .unless the ability to isnt enabled yet.

Im curious as I'm traveling NE, through Skunk and into spooner, following what was once an improved road, but the road is improved enough to be visible and allow quicker travel, so Im following it and thinking about how one might re-build the roads where once there were several bridges that cross waterways and streams/rivers.

I realized that the code for these existing improved roads has the road not just ending some feet before an embankment / river, but the roads follow the terrain slope down the side of the embankment and across the base of the river-bed and back up the other side, which makes it impossible to build anything in it's path; no terrain modification allowed.

In other words, you cant connect one side to the other. See the images below.

Is this intended, or going to be re-set so the road doesn't travel down the embankment and under the water to the other side, or is there a building module/capability for bridges we dont have access to yet?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Re: Seems impossible to build a bridge. . .

It's likely you are on rock. I know Rock can't be terraformed (as required by Dev), the first image seems to be sand, I haven't tried terraforming on this land to find out if it can be changed.

kiwibird wrote:
    It's likely you are on rock. I know Rock can't be terraformed (as required by Dev), the first image seems to be sand, I haven't tried terraforming on this land to find out if it can be changed.
    No, really, its the road. Follow any existing road, any one. And follow it to where it ends at an emabankment and you'll notice that the continuation of that same road proceeds on the other side of the embankment.

Any road in-game. So its not an issue of trying to build on rock, as its not rock, but the code of that road that follows the terrain into a river and rises up a steep slope on the other side for the continuation of that road. Makes it impossible to re-build anything that acts as a bridge to utilize the existing roadways.

Re:Seems impossible to build a bridge. . .

I remember seeing Devs post on building real bridges using the building and architecture skill set. I don't think terraforming bridges are the intended types of bridges for the final game.

I hope we can have different types of bridges. I would love to see small rope bridges, trestle bridges, platform bridges, covered bridges, stone, etc

Sweet. Got a response back from Xsyon folks on this topic.

Yes, this is known and these underwater roads will be removed when with a major world update that will happen in a few weeks or more.

Ciik wrote:

Yes, this is known and these underwater roads will be removed when with a major world update that will happen in a few weeks or more.
    Woah. Major world update. I would like to know more about that. Hopefully they can add some variety to the environment. Everywhere you go looks pretty much identical now.

Cunk wrote:
    Ciik wrote:

Woah. Major world update. I would like to know more about that. Hopefully they can add some variety to the environment. Everywhere you go looks pretty much identical now.
    I think this is ok. Actually, you are in the woods
    Over time, players will terraform and add their layer of content, so it will spurce up and look different, but not because "that's how it must be" but because someone wanted it to be that way!