Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:PvP and food for thought

On topic please...

im a ex eve online player. i enjoyed the pvping in 0.0 and low sec and mining and mission running in high sec space. i agree on having safe areas for people to do what they want in without having to look over there back every 5 mins.

I disagree.

Llorkt wrote:
    I disagree.
    Wow, that was enlightening and insightful...

I think a few small safe villages for new players to get their feet wet would be ok. I don’t think resource gathering or crafting should be protected as a whole but maybe have some limited low value stuff in a safe village for the new players and groups that need to retreat and lick their wounds.

What’s nice about EVE is that for the most part you can try the game without getting ‘ WTFpwned’ repeatedly by much more experienced players. Don’t get me wrong, I plan to do my fair share of PVP, just don’t think noob farming is good for the game or very sporting.

Outside of a few starter villages, safety should be player made. Guilds should have to protect their crafters and gatherers. The good resources should be up for grabs by who can take them.

lilxenobean wrote:
    Agreed.
    I enjoy my PvP, but sometimes I just want relax while doing something other than killing. If I wanted to fight everytime I logged on, i'd just play call of duty :woohoo:
    Exactly, and everyone knows i am an open pvp advocate, but to have open pvp one must have a closed zone, only accessible to non pvpers. Not meaning that you can't enter if your over a certain level, but only that it would be impossible to kill someone, or more or less incapable. Possibly in that zone have looting turned off, and have reflection damage. Or have something like DF in the since that there would be some sort of mystical protection.

I fell in love with crafting in DF which seems to be quite similar in this game, which I think gives me the crafter and pvper, a chance to really enjoy this game. Not only should I have the relative saftey of my tribe town (though it should be capable of being raided/destroyed/taken if not properly taken care of) but also I will have the wilds and a place to be capable of pvping.

With hunting enabled and things such as that, this game should be a home run, I just can't wait till they drop features in.

I'm more for no safe zones it's up to the local tribe to police their claimed area. Maybe a system where if a non tribe member kills someone on the tribe's land the local 'sheriff' gets informed where he can then create bounty missions to go and slay that player/members from the player's tribe.

If a tribe cant protect their own land from bandits they dont deserve to keep it, it's going to be a harsh world out there where the strong prey on the weak in a struggle for the limited resources.

Thought the game was open pvp with astringent penalties? Your idea is fine, but why not wait and let the man work and see what his intentions are first?

Im for the sector'ish based pvp style that was mentioned earlier.

Many a 100% pvp game started and crashed because players were getting ganked even before they knew how to open their inventory.

A base starting zone to get ones feet wet and to understand the fundamentals would be a huge advantage to keeping players that can later hold their own in the game.

Plus there's a big problem when only having PC's guarding Tribe territory..namely that tribes off time. Unless it's a zerg tribe, many will have people from their RW geographical regions, for grouping etc..

This will lead to other groups simply walking in on the off time and destroying everything with 0% risk..and PvP without Risk is just *farty sound* :laugh:

I feel a great future game mechanic would be to incorporate tribe npc guards..who's (skills/strengths/numbers) are based on a combination of the tribes and a tax brought in from the members.
    The stonger the tribe the stronger the guards, and the tax's will help with a money sink...Crap taxes and a bee could kill em...Insane taxes and members will leave dropping the guard S/S/N as well.

Jalisar wrote:
    Thought the game was open pvp with astringent penalties? Your idea is fine, but why not wait and let the man work and see what his intentions are first?
    Agreed.

How about we see what Jooky actually has in mind before you start telling him what will work better.

Personally - I'm against safe zones, and I find it even pretty ridiculous they are being added for the entire tribal area in Prelude, but that's for another topic.

Add the ability to take steps to safeguard your tribal area, sure - but to plain old say it's a "safe zone" or to even just add "safe zones" is rather contradictory to the "open PvP with severe consequences" that Jooky has been toting.

Safe zones =/= Open PvP. (and in what Apocalypse have you heard of fucking safe zones?.. oh, such a catastrophe *rolls eyes* )

Regardless, I'm gunna stay outta this thread after this post, this topics been talked about too much and we don't even have the slightest clue how it will truly work.