Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Xyson tutorials or guides?

pid73 wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    Anything set by players is not a chapter, but instead a subject within the current chapter.

* Prelude:
    ** Dawn of Exilium
    ** 191st Expeditionary Battalion Beginnings
    ** The Dark Hand of Valor Prelude Story
    ** † Templar † The Lawful Evil Tribe
    * Year Zero:
    ** The request for time
    ** The understanding of numbers
    ** Requirements for the Sundial
    ** Construction of the first Sundial
    * Mythic Dawn:
    What did you want to say with this, kiwi?
    I'm trying hard to make a sense out of this but I see just some tribe names thrown around with some "interesting/mysterious" topics that are completely out of context...

Please elaborate (1 sentence would suffice, I prefer clear over long text).

Thank you.
    Pretty much kiwibird was wrong and seemed to say what he thought Year Zero was without any real evidence.

Here is how it really goes (using kiwibird's examples):
    * Prelude (Year Zero):
    ** Exilium Tribe forms.
    ** 191st Expeditionary Battalion Tribe forms.
    ** Dark Hand of Valor Tribe forms.
    ** † Templar † Tribe forms.
    ** (Other stuff happens)...

Xsyon wrote:
    Yes, 'Year Zero' is just supposed to be the final character and world wipe. That's all.
    Year Zero == Final Wipe
    and in terms of game time, is when Prelude starts.

Those are awesome drawings in that tutorial!

Yeah I like them too.
    They are even fun to look at =D

More like these!

Ok by popular demand I made this one :P

Video demonstrating how to get terrain to the exact height you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LuQvqimxM

The key is that when leveling a tile that is only 0.10m sloped the lower edge will be raised to the height of the higher edge. So by gradually spreading out a steep sloped tile you'll eventually reach a point where you can raise it to whatever height you are targeting.

The video describes it better than I could. Watch it in high def (1080) on YouTube and you can watch the numbers change.

Re:Xyson tutorials or guides?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I just got added and I have to say that I am not having a user friendly easy experience so far. My screen is always prohibitively dark. It can't always be nighttime and if this is how dark it is when its night then I will only be able to game when its in-game daytime.

In 5 times I've logged on to play I haven't seen another player or even an animal. So far my experience is running around in the dark trying to figure out how to do the most basic thing.The only thing I have been able to do is chop down a tree and nothing else.

I've played a lot of mmo's...and have never had an issue jumping right in. I feel like I am missing something as I can see other people chatting and they are obviously not having a problem. I'm trying to give this a chance. Any suggestions that aren't flames?

Bolognius wrote:
    I've played a lot of mmo's...and have never had an issue jumping right in. I feel like I am missing something as I can see other people chatting and they are obviously not having a problem. I'm trying to give this a chance. Any suggestions that aren't flames?
    In all honesty, come back when the game is further in development.

You want a game that is at retail/live/gold whatever you want to call it, this game is closer to alpha/beta testing right now.

You're not missing anything other than the fact this game is not complete, or even close.

Bolognius wrote:
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I just got added and I have to say that I am not having a user friendly easy experience so far. My screen is always prohibitively dark. It can't always be nighttime and if this is how dark it is when its night then I will only be able to game when its in-game daytime.

In 5 times I've logged on to play I haven't seen another player or even an animal. So far my experience is running around in the dark trying to figure out how to do the most basic thing.The only thing I have been able to do is chop down a tree and nothing else.

Well you are missing something as compared to other MMO's: most of the game. There's only a handful of things to do right now. Gathering some resources, crafting a few things, chopping trees, terraforming the land. There are no animals and usually only a few players on.

Really just exploring the UI for a while and reading that page that describes the controls is all it takes.

@celestial & cunk:

thank you both, very good stuff. I had fun trying this stuff out and make some experience with TF.