Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Xyson tutorials or guides?

Hi all,
    I have finally been allowed in the game and I feel completely lost. I don't see any tutorials and all I seem to do is just run around on a game screen that is too dark without anything to do. Is there a game guide or tutorial anywhere that might be helpful? Other people seem to be playing the game so I must be missing something.

Thanks

Re:Xyson tutorials or guides?

Should try and hop in the xsyon vent.

Bolognius wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have finally been allowed in the game and I feel completely lost. I don't see any tutorials and all I seem to do is just run around on a game screen that is too dark without anything to do. Is there a game guide or tutorial anywhere that might be helpful? Other people seem to be playing the game so I must be missing something.

Thanks
    Aside from the two above suggestions (which are good) you can also open the "Key Binding" menu (ESC --> Key Binding) and see what buttons are bound to what (this gives more in-depth detail than the "controls" page), this will help you get used to it a bit easier.

**note: some of the buttons don't seem to work, I'm yet to see Q and E work for turning, as well as V for rest**

Another worthwhile thing is to just explore all your menus, click all the icons, read what little tooltips there are.

There's really not much in the way of guides or tutorials, and I wouldn't expect many until release, due to the changing nature of the game, atm.

Diocletian wrote:
    Did you change your name or something? I have no memory of you. strange very strange...

Re: Xyson tutorials or guides?

Basically at this stage of the game there are none, and if I recall correctly there are no plans for it in Prelude, but may be in year zero. But ultimately players have in-game capabilities of creating tutorials - in their own way. So the game doesn't provide this content, players do... or at least can.

kiwibird wrote:
    Basically at this stage of the game there are none, and if I recall correctly there are no plans for it in Prelude, but may be in year zero. But ultimately players have in-game capabilities of creating tutorials - in their own way. So the game doesn't provide this content, players do... or at least can.
    I believe Year Zero is when the last reset happens at game launch and Prelude begins. From what I remember it is not a chapter. You might want to check up on this.

Kitsume wrote:
    I believe Year Zero is when the last reset happens at game launch and Prelude begins. From what I remember it is not a chapter. You might want to check up on this.
    You are correct.

He has been saying this in several threads and it is causing confusion.

No.

Prelude is the launch of the game, then Year Zero begins. In my view, BOTH are chapters as both have set and pre-planned titles.

Quotes:
    "Prelude is the first chapter of Xsyon and will start at release of game" ~Virtus
    "Before [this date] is the early entry for pre-orders" ~Virtus
    Access at the moment, is in no way apart of prelude, but access now does require pre-order! ~KiwiBird

{edit=1}
    Virtus wrote:
    gosmo wrote:
    darkrounge wrote:
    No because pre-lude is only for pre-orderer's.
    This isn't true. Prelude IS the game. Think of it as Vanilla WoW. It is the first version of the game. Later on a new CHAPTER will be released which is basically the same thing as an expansion.
    correct

Here's a quote for YOU.

"Xsyon Prelude is coming soon. Pre-order players are slowly being let in. We plan tentative final Year Zero world and character wipe on August 15th."

Off the pre-order page, written by Jooky himself, and as you can tell it has been updated recently (Aug 15th date) so he still stands by this.

It clearly states Year Zero is a wipe.

How you can consider something like a data wipe to be a chapter is beyond me.

EDIT: We're aware Prelude IS a chapter, the comment in question is you referring to Year Zero as a chapter.