Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xyson tutorials or guides?

Hi all,
    I have finally been allowed in the game and I feel completely lost. I don't see any tutorials and all I seem to do is just run around on a game screen that is too dark without anything to do. Is there a game guide or tutorial anywhere that might be helpful? Other people seem to be playing the game so I must be missing something.

Thanks

Re:Xyson tutorials or guides?

Should try and hop in the xsyon vent.

Diocletian wrote:
    Did you change your name or something? I have no memory of you. strange very strange...

Visitor

Crunch wrote:
    Should try and hop in the xsyon vent.
    That sounds like a great idea. And to get on Xsyon Vent we...? I already have Vent; I just need to know the password, server, etc. Thanks.

blue pig, look at the sticky that says unoffical vent server

Visitor

Virtus wrote:
    blue pig, look at the sticky that says unoffical vent server
    Yes I found it. Get on you lazy bastages

Yes, 'Year Zero' is just supposed to be the final character and world wipe. That's all.

Bolognius wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have finally been allowed in the game and I feel completely lost. I don't see any tutorials and all I seem to do is just run around on a game screen that is too dark without anything to do. Is there a game guide or tutorial anywhere that might be helpful? Other people seem to be playing the game so I must be missing something.

Thanks
    Aside from the two above suggestions (which are good) you can also open the "Key Binding" menu (ESC --> Key Binding) and see what buttons are bound to what (this gives more in-depth detail than the "controls" page), this will help you get used to it a bit easier.

**note: some of the buttons don't seem to work, I'm yet to see Q and E work for turning, as well as V for rest**

Another worthwhile thing is to just explore all your menus, click all the icons, read what little tooltips there are.

There's really not much in the way of guides or tutorials, and I wouldn't expect many until release, due to the changing nature of the game, atm.

Re: Xyson tutorials or guides?

Basically at this stage of the game there are none, and if I recall correctly there are no plans for it in Prelude, but may be in year zero. But ultimately players have in-game capabilities of creating tutorials - in their own way. So the game doesn't provide this content, players do... or at least can.